twenty-three

(Un)Lucky Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23,

--Miran's POV--

 

I had no idea how long I had been here, judging from each meal he gave me I'm guessing it had been three days since I first woke up. He tends to give me two meals a day and once even tried to get me to bath with him. I refused of course, I had to come up with a dumb excuse.

 

"You can't see me before we get married." I had forced out of my mouth to which he smiled.

 

"Of course, you're right. What got into me?"

 

I hardly slept at all these past few days, it was from a combined fear of what he'd do to me if I was asleep and because of the pulsing sensation coming from my leg and stomach. My gunshot wounds had not been properly treated I could tell. Sharp pains were constantly shooting up my side. And recently I had broke out in a cold sweat, which could only mean one if not both of the wounds were infected. It was nerve-wracking. But because I sacrificed sleep it was easy for me to tell where Yijeong was during each time of the day.

 

After he fed me the first time during the day he'd take a shower in the room next to the one I was in. After that he'd come in and talk to me for god knows how long. Once he finished what he was going on and on about he'd leave to make our next meal. Then he'd come back and talk to his dead parents. After which he'd leave and things would seem like he was gone, but he wasn't. He was in the room across from mine, either reading or napping.Then once he was done napping he'd come back and check on me, I'd always pretend to be asleep at this time so he'd leave me be. Once he was out of the room I'd open my eyes and cling to my chest out of fear. The lights in the room would now be off. Complete darkness would be all I could see.

 

But this allowed me to hear better. This was the time he'd sometimes leave the apartment. To go where? Sometimes to the grocery. He never took more than a half an hour.

 

At this time he had just left with my empty bowl of food from my first meal of the day, so that meant it was time for him to shower. I take a deep breath and pull the butter knife from between the cast and the leg of skin. I had shoved it in there during my last meal when he wasn't paying attention. It was the closest thing I could get to being sharp. I swallow as I move the sharp part of the knife to the cast. I needed to get this thing off my leg, I know it was injured but I knew I could at least try and crawl my way out of here if I didn't have this stiff cast on my leg.

 

I saw at the back of the cast quickly. Tears b at the corners of my eyes as the butter knife did a poor job at cutting the thick material of the cast. I had been working on the back of the cast since the last meal, every time he was out of the room. I wasn't even halfway through it yet. I wanted out of this hell as soon as possible. I sit the knife down and use my hands to try and peel the cast apart. It works a bit, splitting the cast little by little. I got it almost down to my knee by the time I had to stop. Yijeong was out of the shower.

 

-

 

Yijeong was napping at this time so I had once again began sawing away at the cast. But I had to stop due to the sharp sensation in my side. I quickly lie down clenching my teeth at the pain. I let my hand rest on my side before looking down to see blood and a nasty yellow pus seeping through my shirt. . I move my shirt back and pull the bandage off the wound, I'm immediately hit with a putrid smell from it.

 

"God, I'm so screwed." I mutter quickly. If this wasn't treated soon I'd be dead from infection within days. The veins around the area were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter