Wedding, 2018

COLLECTION OF SKYDRAGON ONESHOT STORIES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Wedding, 2018.

 

2018

 

My gaze went up the window, a beautiful serene morning, the sun flare peeking up the vitrage made a straight lining to the marble floor. I look into the mirror, it reflects my own figure. I adjust my tie and comb my neat hair with my fingers.

“Ji…” somebody’s knocking on my door.

“Yes?” I turned and saw my sister.

“You’re ready?” she asked.

I nodded.

“Great, the wedding ceremony will start soon.”

I grabbed my suit jacket and wear it, “Let’s go.”

 

+

 

2013

 

“This is Min Hyorin, and this is Youngbae.” Jiyong introduced his best friend, Youngbae to an acquaintance, Min Hyorin.

They bowed to each other.

“I heard you’re looking for model for your project?” Jiyong asked Youngbae.

“Yes, one of my subject in school made us doing some short video and I need model.” Youngbae nodded.

“But I’m not a professional model.” Hyorin said.

“No worries, no need an acting skill because it will be a sem-documentary.” Youngbae said, “But of course if you’re okay with it.”
“I’m excited, I mean, when Jiyong told me about this and give me the picture of what I’m gonna do, its very interesting.” She said.

 

“She’s cute! She’s very very very cute! How did you know her?” Youngbae asked.

Jiyong smirked, “I know cute girls.”

“Ya! But is she single?”

“Ask her by yourself!” Jiyong grinned.

Youngbae scoffed.

“She’s single I guess.” Jiyong explained.

“Oh I see…” Youngbae nodded, “How’s your girlfriend?”

“How is she?”

“Your on/off relationship with her.” Youngbae laugh.

“We’re good, just… casual, you know.” Jiyong seems hestitant talking about his on/off relationship with a girl in his campus right now.

“So now you’re in relationship or not?”

“What if I am and what if I’m not? Are you gonna introduce me to someone cute?” he asked.

“Oppa!” a voice called Youngbae.

“Chaerinie?!” Youngbae looks surprised.

“Oppaaa!” the girl ran towards Youngbae and immediately jump into his embrace.

“What are you doing here??” Youngbae couldn’t hide wide smile in his face.

“Holiday~” she giggles.

“Alone? Tell me you’re coming here with your parents! Where are they??”

She just giggling, “I will stay at your place! I told my mom and she called your mom.”

“Whatte…”

Jiyong tried to be cool waiting for Youngbae to realize that he’s still there.

“Oh sorry, Chaerin, this is Jiyong, my friend.”

“Oh anyeong haseyooow.” She bowed.

“Ji, this is Chaerin, daughter of my mom’s bestfriend when she live in Japan. Chaerin lives in Japan but lately she’s starting to be a rebel, right?”

“I’m not! I just…”

Jiyong watched the girl who just got introduced to him, Lee Chaerin, she’s very cute.

 

Jiyong and Chaerin getting closer as they both came to Youngbae’s shooting the school project video with Hyorin.

“Seems like he likes her so much.” Jiyong murmured.

“Who? Youngbae oppa? I think that unnie also like her.” Chaerin giggles.

Jiyong looking at her giggling.

“So… you’re really close to Youngbae?” Jiyong asked.

“Yup.”

“But Youngbae now is so close to Hyorin, if what you said is true—Hyorin like him too, means that their feelings are mutual and probably will date each other soon… how’d you feel about that?” Jiyong asked again.

“Me?” she raised her eyebrows, “I’d be very happy, Youngbae is like a big brother for me, and Hyorin unnie looks liek a kind girl."

“Oh…” Jiyong nodded, “Won’t you get lonely if he’s busy with new girlfriend?”

“Hm…” Chaerin rubbed her chin, “You can replace him!”

Jiyong laughs, “Alright, I like that idea.”

 

As expected, Youngbae and Hyorin are dating after the music video shooting, and today Jiyong end up accompanying Chaerin to watch some music festival.

“Youngbae oppa supposed to come with me today, but you know…” she said.

Jiyong laughs, “Told you…”

“No worries, I got you.” She grinned.

Jiyong smiling, it flutters him when she said that.

“I didn’t know you like Epik High.”

“Actually… I escaped from Tokyo to watch them.” Chaerin said.

“Really? Aren’t they will have tour in Japan?”

“They will and I will watch it too.” She nodded.

“Fangirl…”

Summer is just around the corner so the weather is actually good, the thing is… sometimes it rains, like now.

JIyong took off his denim jacket and lay it on top of Chaerin’s head. She startled but manage to stay calm.

“What about you, oppa?” she asked.

“Me? Uh…” he couldn’t get into the jacket without being too close with Chaerin and strangely it makes him nervous.

“Come here! You’ll catch cold if you keep standing under the rain.” She said.

Jiyong move closer while Chaerin covered his head with half of the jacket. Jiyong inhaled several times to calm his heart but the fact that he might already falling fall her make it hard to stay cool.

With all the courage Jiyong rest his arm across her nape, and put his palm on the crown of her hair, double shielding it from the rain. Chaerin gasped, and her hand which trapped between her side body and Jiyong’s is just hung awkwardly there, so Jiyong took the act, he pull her hand and circling it on his waist, he covers her small fingers with his palm.

“Just so we don’t get separate…” he murmured.

Chaerin looking at him but he just smiling while looking at the stage.

 

Things are so much different after that, Youngbae could be busy with his new girlfriend because Jiyong will be the one who’s in charge of going out with Chaerin. And one day, they were at a new hype coffeeshop, sitting face to face and having a light fun conversation. No one really talk about the festival but their heart know they like it. Until suddenly somebody sat beside Jiyong.

“Baby, you’re here!” a girl came. “I met Youngbae and he said you went out to accompanying his sister that’s in town.”

That girl looking at Chaerin.

“Oh, you’re Youngbae’s sister? Hi! You’re cute!” she said.

Chaerin’s smile faint ever since that girl calling Jiyong ‘baby’.

“Baby, are we good now?” she suddenly talk in aegyo, “seriously all the fight didn’t worth the feeling of missing you…” she pouts.

Jiyong couldn’t say anything when Chaerin said, “I’m gonna use the bathroom.”

So Chaerin went to the bathroom and never came back.

 

 

2014

 

 

Jiyong startled when he saw Chaerin at the university. He was looking for Youngbae when he found him talking to Hyorin and Chaerin.

“Bae…” he said.

Three of them turned but he knows Chaerin is surprised.

“Oh hey Ji!” Youngbae said.

“Hi, oppa! How are you?” Chaerin greet him with smiles.

Jiyong paused,”Hi… What are you doing here? Another escape?”

“Oh, no…” she shook her head still smiling.

“She’s enrolled here, Ji, she’s a college student now.” Youngbae said, “Oww oppa so proud!” he pats her hair while Chaerin tried to avoiding him

“You’re moving to Seoul?” Jiyong asked.

“Yup! My family also moving here.”

“Oh… great!” Jiyong smiles.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter