So even though it is bent and in pain, it will love you

Protect him, so he won't forget me
Please log in to read the full chapter

This story is finally finally coming to an end. Simply because I'm running out of lyrics. 

 

 

L looked at the bowl of dried strawberries on Sunggyu's...no, his desk now. He knew his brother had a taste for strawberry that he literally had them all the time. He wasn't even surprised when he found the bowl of strawberries hidden in his drawer.

He was more surprised of the grief that suddenly enveloped him when he saw the signs of his brother was there...that his brother was once alive, hiding his secret stash of strawberries in his desk.

L turned his back to the table and looked out the window. Woohyun told him that his brother had a fear of heights so he designed his office with floor length window to face his fear. He had never realised how much his brother fought everyday in his life.

A knock sounded on his door and he turned around, snapping a curt "enter".

"L hyung...oops, I mean Chairman Kim."

L rolled his eyes as he waved Sungjong to sit.

"You can still call me L, Sungjong."

Sungjong chuckled and looked around the room.

"It won't be appropriate considering that I'm going to continue my internship here."

L snapped his head up to look at the younger.

"Pardon? I thought you were going to stay in London."

"I was only there because you were there. And with Dr. Jang coming back here..." Sungjong trailed off with a shrug.

"I'm sorry about everything that happened, Sungjong."

"Don't worry about it." Sungjong waved it off casually.

"Did you just come here to tell me you're staying or you have something else in mind?"

Sungjong smiled sadly at L's tone and for a moment he almost reconsidered what he was going to do. Almost.

"I'm breaking up with you."

L gaped at that and Sungjong openly guffawed.

"But we...we are not..."

"You should have seen your face!" Sungjong wiped a stray tears as L glared at him.

*God, but it hurts.*

"This is not funny, Sungjong."

Sungjong stood up and walked to sit on the desk next to L, the same sad smile playing on his face.

"Yeah. But I know that you know that I like you so I'm rejecting myself before you could do it."

L sighed and took Sungjong's hand.

"Sungjong...we can try.."

Sungjong shook his head and pulled his hand away.

"You know it won't work. You still love Sungyeol. And I deserve to be more than someone's second choice."

"Don't say his name." L hissed and Sungjong flinched slightly before his eyes hardened.

"Stop hiding under the cold exterior. That was what your brother did, didn't he? You know you still love him. Hell, everyone knows you still love him."

"His father killed my parents!" L jumped onto his feet and started pacing angrily.

"So you're punishing him and yourself for something his father did?"

L stopped and glared at the younger.

"You should do your internship with Woohyun. He said the same thing."

Sungjong rolled his eyes and took a dried strawberry between his fingers.

"Don't change the subject. What would make you forgive him then?"

L smirked and crossed his arms.

"I'll forgive him if my brother comes back to life."

Sungjong jumped onto his feet with a mischievous smile.

"Well, ain't you glad your best friend is a great spy and knows the new patient on Floor 19?"

 

 

L stared at the patient laying limply on the large bed and felt tears streaming down his cheeks. He clenched his fists tightly to stop himself from reaching out. He was scared. Scared that this was just a mirage and if he touched it, Sunggyu would disappear.

"I told you, Hoya. This is impossible. I'm not trained for this." L turned at the voice and locked eyes with Junhyung and Hoya standing on the door.

"Oh crap."

L crossed his arms and straightened up as the newcomers walked into the room. Hoya was looking sheepish but Junhyung was outright mutinous.

"What are you doing here? This floor is strictly forbidden to everyone."

L narrowed his eyes at Junhyung's tone and stepped closer to the elder.

"I think I'm the one who ought to ask that question. What are you doing here? You are not even working here. And what do you think you're doing faking my brother's death and keeping him here?!!" At the end of his rant, L was screaming into Junhyung's face but the elder just pushed him away.

"I'm here because I refuse to follow Sunggyu's order." Junhyung looked at the man on the bed and closed his eyes.

"And what about you, Hoya? What's your role in this?!"

"I accidentally found out about hyungnim's disease before we went to London. When Junhyung told me that he's still alive, I guess it's my chance to redeem myself and my family's mistakes." Hoya was checking on the IV and refused to look at L.

"Neither of you even bothered to tell me! He was ... is my brother, forgodsake!" L ran his fingers in his hair in agitation.

"I didn't think you would care. You can't even remember him."

"He is still my family!"

L and Junhyung were stuck in a glaring contest before Hoya cleared his throat.

"We were going to tell you when you're calmer. We need your help to save him anyway."

"What's wrong with him? His injuries from the accident are already healed." L was flipping through Sunggyu's chart angrily as Junhyung sat the couch next to the bed.

Please log in to read the full chapter