CHAPTER 3

The House 'Maid'

I was asked to come as early as 6 in the morning. That was because I had to prepare breakfast for my employer. And what Ms Shin had also  informed, for his daughter.  After that, I have to clean the whole house then take care of his daughter. Perhaps she's still a little child. My work sounds hard and tough even before I have done anything.

 

"WHAT?!" 

 

"SHHHH you'll wake up my brother! You don't know how cranky he can be! C'mon just wear it." Ms Shin pleaded.

 

I was literally torned apart when Ms Shin asked me to wear a maid uniform. By means a gown. The black and white gown with some ribbons whatsoever. I will never wear those! Why didn't they hired a woman instead of me. I was mentally crying my life out. It was almost 6.30, I am already late for making breakfast!

 

"Jinyoung please! I'm late to work, you're also late!" 

 

"Fine! I'm just going to wear this apron." I huffed. 

 

Wearing the white lacey apron over my red checkered long sleeve shirt with a white shirt underneath. She asked me to wear the ribbon on top of my head but I refused. Once she went to work I scurried towards the kitchen. Damn this huge kitchen! I don't even know where the foods are. I saw a big refrigerator, 2 altogether and hurrily went to it. Once I opened it I was surprised by how much of the foods are. That's it I don't know where to start! I immediately look around further and spotted a bread loaf. I guess sandwhich or toast were not that bad for breakfast. But in the end I decided to make toast instead of sandwhich since I can't really find the ingredient. Good thing my toast turned out fine. I was afraid that I'm going to burn the whole kitchen because I have never used a toaster before. I took some different flavoured jams from the cupboard and placed them in separated small bowl. The breakfast was finally ready. One set for Mr Shin and the other for his daughter. I specially plated his daughter's breakfast on a cute pink plate.

 

"Good morning Sir," I greeted once I saw Mr Shin entered the kitchen. He was on his white office shirt and hanged his jacket on his arms while fixing his tie.

 

I grabbed the chair for him to sit. His face looks tired probably he got a lots of work to do. Well of course. He asked me to get him some warm milk. Since I'm still a noob in this kitchen I just get the low fat milk in the refregirator and warm it using the microwave I saw. He's looking rather seriously at me. 

 

"Here's your milk Sir," I served.

 

He sighed before sipping his warm milk. "Toast?" He asked as if there's something wrong with the toasts I made. What do you expect, I am still a man. I am not really into cooking.

 

He looked at me again but I think he'll let me go this time looking at how he put the honey jam on his toast and eat them all up. Phew.

 

"Learn from my sister how to cook," he said before he left. 

 

I sighed heavily thinking that this is going to be one hell rollercoster. Just as I was putting away his plates and glass I heard shuffle of footsteps together with a husky yell.

 

"WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS?!" uh-oh I must be mistaken. The daughter sounds like a teenage girl not some kiddos. I don't dare to turn and face her yet. 

 

After a few moment of silence I guess she finally saw me, "WHO ARE YOU?! WHY ARE YOU IN MY HOUSE?!" which I finally turned around but have yet to lift my head up.

 

"I'm s-sorry, I thought you were-,"

 

"YOU!" she immediately cut off.

 

"Miss my name is Jung Jin Young and I am your new ma- you!" I didn't finish my introduction once I saw the girl in front of me.

 

It's her, she's the daughter of Mr Shin. Man! Why am I having a lot of badluck these days. Instead of getting furious I was rather nervous.

 

===

 

"Dad! Auntie he can't be here! I don't like it!" she shouted at both his father and her aunt Ms Shin Minjung.

 

They have to come back home just as they arrived at their respective office. I see this girl must be a spoiled brat seeing how she rudely act towards her elders.

 

"Well, someone has to take good care of this house at least since you shooed away all the other maids and no one have ever wanted to work here ever since. No one can stand your haughty attitude." Mr. Shin said calmly yet roughly. 

 

Ouch.

 

Well I guess I will also be going away from here too and all I have to do is to bare for another 3months. Especially facing this brat. 

 

"Hyeri I have to attend a meeting in an hour now I have no time with your nags whatsoever," 

 

"But Dad!!"

 

"Yep me too I have hungry customers waiting for me in the restaurant so I really had to go back," Ms Shin also wanted to go away from this little stubborn girl. Shall I too continue my job? As far as I could see I have miles per square metre to clean right now.

 

"And if you refuse to have him in this house. That's it I'm at my limit Miss Shin Hyeri, you are the one who's going to be the maid in this house and I don't care how bad it looks. It's not that I am not paying you anyway," with that he left.

 

"Oh Hyeri dear take off that earring on your nose. You look like a buffalo," Ms Shin also left the territory while I unexpectedly chuckled upon Ms Shin's joke. Well more likely true.

 

I was about to start off my job by going to get my things at the closet for keeping all cleaning materials and repairing stuffs; before she called me.

 

"You stop right there!" although I can't see her because I was facing my back towards her, I know she's fuming in anger.