CHAPTER 1

The House 'Maid'

It is now official that I am unemployed. It's been a month since I got fired and on top of that, I thought the girl was just bluffing but she really did sue me. A letter from the court was sent to me after a week from the incident. Sigh. She's exageratting at this point. Sadly, my mother was the one that discovered the letter first. She was really worried by it and demanded an explanation. I mean it's a huge amount of money I need to pay there, where am I going to get money from? 

 

"Jinyoung a~" my mother called amidst busy with the customers.

 

"Thank you please come again. Yes mom?" I thanked the customer and asked my mother.

 

It took some time before she managed to just answer 'nothing'. I knew she's still worried about me. 

 

"Don't worry mom I'll try to find a way to pay her. Before I can get a secure job I can help you here. I can always be with you," I gave her an assuring smile. She looked at me with teary eyes.

 

"Wow! Your son is so handsome!" the comment startled me and my mother. 

 

"Err..H-Hello, may I help you?" I gave her a smile. 

 

She starred at me with wide eyes. That was creepy. Even my mother noticed it and poked me on my waist. I'm still with my smile, before she asked for fresh parsley. I gave them to her and she paid for it.

 

"Do you want to work?" she asked after she paid.

 

"Err.." what kind of work? With that stare of her it can be something weird.

 

"Oh don't worry young man, I don't own brothel or anything strange related to it. It's just that you suits for this job," as if she can read mind.

 

"Anyway, here's my card and if you change your mind don't hesitate to call me," she winked and finally left. 

 

"What a strange lady," my mother commented which making me laugh.

===

That whole night, my mother seems to be full in thoughts about what the lady had offered me in the market. I looked at the name card the lady gave me.

 

Ms. Shin Minjung

CEO/ Head Chef

MM Restaurant & MM Company

010-xxx-xxx-xxx

 

She sounds like a most influental person looking at the positions she owned. Looking at my mother's calm sleeping face I sighed heavily. I can see wrinkles on her face. That face used to be smooth and sweet. Without doubt I tried to call Ms Shin.

 

"Hello?" I said once the line was connected.

 

"Hello who is this?" A familiar voice greeted. With that I confirmed, it's Ms Shin Minjung.

 

"I'm Jung Jin Young, the one that you met at the market," I introduced.

 

"Oh!! Sweet Boy!" she sounds delightful.

 

"Boy, calling me so late at night, have you changed your mind?"

 

"Umm y-yes..I guess," I was honestly not sure about my decision.

 

"Good, I'll take that as a yes. I'll text you the address and you can come by tomorrow at 3 in the afternoon. Don't be late! I'll be waiting for you." she said and hang up after I thank her.

 

Well I guess this is it. I think I should get this to sleep.