Chapter Five

Immobile In a Moving World [Unfinished]

 

Sungmin entered the room in which where Donghae and Hyukjae were sitting in the bed, sniggering behind their hands like schoolgirls. Hyukjae let out a nonchalant wave to his older brother and settled back to talking with his boyfriend. Sungmin sighed and approached the pair, summoning a smile from inside.

"Donghae! Break anymore bones while I was gone?" Sungmin said with a smirk. Donghae shook his head resolutely.

"Nope! But the doctors said I may have to keep the cast on for eight weeks," he said mournfully, pouting for a cute effect, which worked every time on his boyfriend.

Hyukjae cooed and pinched Donghae's cheeks. "You're so cute, Donghae-ah,"

Sungmin wrinkled his nose. It was hard to watch your little brother get so involved with someone and even think that he was cuter than you. Sungmin was disgusted - and the recent discovery that Hyukjae and Donghae were ing hadn't helped his case either.

Donghae giggled. "Hyukjae! Don't!" He complained, and pushed Hyukjae's hand away, putting his own upon Hyukjae's that was lying on the mattress.

Sungmin's gut twisted as he watched the simple yet intimate scene before him. He remembered Kyuhyun next door, and how lonely he had looked - while Donghae was here for a couple of days with a broken leg, Kyuhyun had been here for more than a year in a coma.

"Sungmin? Stop spacing out," Hyukjae commented. "I know you're not dating anyone, but please don't get freaked out be me and Donghae," Donghae giggled and Hyukjae joined in, and even Sungmin had to join in. Donghae's laugh was infectious.

With a heavy sigh, he dragged up a chair. "Mum'll be here soon," Donghae commented, and screwed up his face. Donghae lived with Hyukjae and Sungmin; his mother had chucked him out once she found her son was gay.

Hyukjae patted Donghae's hand again, and again Sungmin's gut twisted. He wanted to go and see Kyuhyun again ...

"Anyway, where have you been? I called you to come and you didn't come for ages," Hyukjae complained.

"I-I got lost," Sungmin stammered. For some reason he didn't want to share Kyuhyun just yet.

Hyukjae narrowed his eyes. "Are you sure you just didn't want to come-" he said, and then he was interrupted by Sungmin yelping a "No!" and running out of the room.

Hyukjae looked surprised, Donghae looked like he was about to burst out laughing and both men did as Sungmin dashed from the room.

With a sigh, Sungmin leant his back against Kyuhyun's door, carefully not to hard or he'd fall in the room. Why did he feel this way about a stranger? A perfect stranger who he knew nothing about?

Sungmin played with his fingers and tried to figure out why .. Kyuhyun was just lying there, and all he'd said to him was his name and the fact that Donghae had a broken leg.

It didn't seem like he was just lying there ... Sungmin had watched enough dramas to know that many coma patients were brain dead, and it was pretty obvious that he wasn't, what with his heart rate increasing and decreasing like it did.

Sungmin let his mind wander back to all the collage work he had to do. As a musical student he didn't know much about the medical side of things; but as he was a college student, he may as well take advantage of the library. There could be information that could help Kyuhyun, or at least make him a little more comfortable.

But that didn't answer Sungmin's original question: why did he feel this way about a perfect stranger?

_______

Jungsu walked in my room again, chirpily saying a "Hello!" to me and began to fiddle with the machines that helped me live.

"Your heart rate went up a little bit more than expected today, Kyuhyun," Jungsu said. "And I see you had a visitor,"

I know; you told him to come in.

"He was nice; he was wearing a pink shirt. Quite cute," Jungsu commented.

If I could have moved my eyebrows they would have shot up.Pink? On a guy? That's unusual.

I tried to think of any of the guys at my high school wearing pink, and failed. I wonder if he's new to town ...

"I need to go and attend to another patient, Kyuhyun, I'm sorry," Jungsu said. "I'll be back soon - you need a couple of tubes adjusting but I'll do that before Ahra comes,"

As soon as I can move, I'm giving Jungsu a hug.

Pink? That's unusual for a guy. I can't remember ever seeing a guy in pink around my part of Seoul. But I can't remember much of my life before. It's like a puzzle .. and the pieces make up my life; but the pieces are vanishing and I can't make a complete picture of my life. I can only remember small things ... and many of my memories come from lying in the dark, alone and scared. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm on a roll today! ^_^ You'll see some other updates too ^_^

Happy Birthday Lee Sungmin! That was the first thing I said when the clock struck 12^^ My parents looked at me like i was mad NO REGRETS

What are your new years resolutions? Mine are: 1) To learn basic Korean and 2) Do well at studies

BORING! What are yours? ^_^

Lollysheep - Cyber hug for new years! I may write you another one-shot as a new years present XD 

Read this