Chapter Three

Immobile In a Moving World [Unfinished]

 

*When there are chapters with narration in, I will put a note at the top to tell you and the italics mean Kyuhyun’s thoughts.*

Patient: Cho Kyuhyun

Nurse Attending: Park Jungsu

Month: 013

Visible Injuries: Apparently none - he has several scars

Additional Nurse(s) Notes:

Kyuhyun has finished his thirteenth month at this hospital; and it is by mine and other doctors careful monitoring that we can tell that Kyuhyun's outside injuries have all but healed up. He has several scars but it is doubted whether they will go away or not; he has healed fast for injuries of such size.

However, he has still not woken up which is unusual for his conditions - a coma is to help the body heal and repair itself.

I have come to the conclusion that Kyuhyun's long 'stay' at this hospital is a direct result of physiological problems; there are many results that point to this being the reason.

I investigated further into Kyuhyun’s' case a few months ago and the reason for Kyuhyun’s' comatose state is because he jumped out a vehicle moving at about 80 miles an hour onto a busy highway. To this day the motive behind this jump is unknown however I think this is the reason for his mental problems.

We can tell when patients are dreaming, and when Kyuhyun dreams his blood pressure goes up alarmingly; and is often that we get slight twitched of the hand. However, despite these twitches having started around 4 months ago - he is showing no sign of recovery. I believe this is because he is getting his memory back and flashbacks are what he is dreaming of. I understand that patients who are traumatised like this are emotionally unstable and confused. I have checked my theory with other doctors and nurses who attend to Kyuhyun and they agree that this a viable theory.

____

"Excuse me, but where can I find Lee Donghae?" Sungmin asked the receptionist timidly. It was his first time in a hospital that he could remember and he wasn't looking forward to seeing Donghae. Although Donghae and Hyukjae had been dating just over a year, Sungmin disliked Donghae immensely.

"What's your relationship with Lee Donghae?" the receptionist asked, looking up from her computer and staring at Sungmin.

"Brothers' boyfriend," Sungmin told her dully; he wasn't very happy with the fact that he was sharing his brother.

The receptionists' eyebrows rose sharply and she flicked through her notes. "Room 211," she said.

Donghae had been admitted to Seoul Hospital two days ago because of a broken leg, but the hospital had kept him in to help him heal – Donghae was extremely clumsy and had dropped a bowl on his broken leg, damaging the bone further.

Sungmin hesitantly tapped on the door of Donghae's room, and let himself in as a doctor passed him with a dimpled smile. He jerked in surprise when no-one was in the room; just a silent room with a sleeping man inside.

The dimpled doctor poked his head back in. "Don't be shy ... Go say hello!"

Sungmin shook his head. "I'm not meant to be here ... I wanted to see Lee Donghae," he explained.

The doctor looked at him in the eye and Sungmin jolts when he feels the doctors' pain striking him in the heart. “He only has his sister come in and see him a couple of times a week,” the doctor explained carefully.

 "Okay," Sungmin nodded. He steped in further inside the room and the doctor disappeared; now would be a good time to leave. But Sungmin how it feels to be alone – not having many people around you; he wouldn’t want that for someone else.

Sungmin approached the sleeping figure once again. "H-Hello ... " he said nervously. "I'm Sungmin,"

He didn’t expect the figure to move; after all he's in a coma - but it was still a shock to see his heart go faster suddenly and then slow down. Sungmin approached the figure further and see's his name as 'Cho Kyuhyun' on the report hanging above his bed. He looked at the sleeping face and it's serene; peaceful. There are a couple of tubes sticking out of his arm but apart from that, Kyuhyun could just be sleeping normally.

"I meant to come and see my brothers' boyfriend ... He has a broken leg," Sungmin babbled on. "But the nurse obviously got the wrong room," another twitch of the heartbeat on the monitor. "But I don't mean anything bad by it, of course! I guess I'm just surprised to see you,"

Kyuhyun didn’t move and his heartbeat didn’t react and Sungmin can't help but feel a little disappointed. "Don't be stupid, he's a coma!" He whispered harshly to himself.

"I'll come back, if that's okay?" Sungmin asked hesitantly, not expecting an answer but still asking. "You look like you need some company," he laid his hand over Kyuhyun's for a second, turning away before he could see Kyuhyun's raise in heartbeat.

He brightly said goodbye to Kyuhyun; and even though he's in a coma, why is his heart beating so fast? Sungmin smiled a little before he left the room and joined his brother and his brothers’ boyfriend in the hospital room next to Kyuhyun’s. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

And there Sungmin enters ^_^ I'm on a roll with updates, XD