Ice cream

Let me be the one who protect you

Jiyoung POV

Once again, Myungsoo walks me home. We walk in silence, again.

"Jiyoungie...." Myungsoo broke the silence. I look up to him.

"Wanna grab some ice cream? I know a place nearby with delicious ice cream." He smiled. I don't know why, his smile relieved the pain inside my heart a little.

I put my hand inside my pocket. "But i have no money left." I don't remember Aunt GaIn giving me any pocket money this week.

"Nevermind, its my treat. Next time, you'll have to treat me in return."

"No thanks, i don't like to owe p......." 

" Lets go! " He grabbed my wrist and run. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I chose a caramel ice cream and Myungsoo picked a chocolate ice cream. We sat at the table beside the window and enjoyed our ice cream while watching the view.

"Myungsoo-sshi, have you ever try to make an ice cream?" I looked at him. 

"Nope. Why make it if you can buy it?

" Homemade ice cream is better." I tried to convince him.

"What do you mean by better?"

"You make the ice cream full of love and patience. Thats why you enjoy it more. I tried it once, but its too sweet."

"Just like you"  he mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing. Hey, don't you think its unfair to talk about things like that? You should make me some too."

"I'll try." I smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

On our way back home, we joke and laugh. Unlike just now, my feelings are all better now. Thanks to Myungsoo.

"Jiyoungie...."

"Yes?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Is it about what happened at the rooftop?"  I sighed

" No, I wasn't gonna ask that. But if you'd like to tell me, I'm all ears." He smiled.

" I'll tell you, someday. So, what do you wanna ask?"

" I'm just curious, don't you have any friend here?" He stopped and face me.

"You are." I gave a short answer, wanting to avoid this question. I began to walk again.

"Besides me?" He stopped me again.

"No one." I sighed and walk again.

"But why? You're nice and friendly."

"To you, not to them. I'll be in trouble if i make any friends here." I look up to the sky. Trying to regain my strenght.

"Why?" 

"Ummmm... I need to hurry. See you later. Bye!" I waved my hand and run away.

 

Myungsoo POV

"Jiyoungie, why are you so mysterious?"