Ch. 4

Lady Luck

Woozi’s first impression of everyone was that they were straight forward kids. From how Hoshi appeared to be in his audition, he concluded that everyone spoke their mind only to be able to understand the other better. He was right everyone did spoke their mind. Saying what they thought was wrong or right, but never losing the humours side. Adding jokes here and there with the greatest timing between themselves. That's why Woozi knew, even though the team is big, they have great chemistry.

    Woozi tried to steer clear of Hoshi, scared that the guy would correct him and say his disappointment in him. He didn’t feel scared to anyone, not in front of a crowd or judges or even his own dad when telling him he was gay. Something about Hoshi made him feel scared that he might hate him, and his disappointment would hurt Woozi. Contrary to his belief, Hoshi didn’t feel that way at all, saying straight out that he wanted to train with him. Asking him to tag along with his self practice.

    There was few time the dance room was empty. One would be when all the members went eating for a company treat or it was self-practice time. Each one went to do their own thing, while occupying similar areas. But one place which was left alone for only one person was the dance room. It’s not like the members haven’t tried to be in the dance room when Hoshi was in their. Its just, the one thing Hoshi wanted to absolutely master was dance. Dance introduced Hoshi to a whole new world, a world in which his most delicate feelings can be portrayed. The atmosphere that Hoshi has when he is serious is no joke, the members even made it a challenge to could be their the longest stuck in the upressing environment.  

    So when Hoshi asked if Woozi wanted to come and practice with him, everyone was in a riot. Junghan giving him advice in how to deal with the lack of oxygen, Mingyu saying it was karma, and everyone else giving him luck for the hardships to come. Hoshi of course laughed it off, but Woozi was getting a bit worried being in the same room with him alone. Of course for a different reason then the lack of air. After a while, this became more of a routine. Every time there was self-practice Woozi and Hoshi would go to the dance room. No one dared go inside now knowing that even Woozi was a hard core worker. Two people with an enormous aura is too much for one room to stand, let alone anyone else.

    In the practice room it was the same, dance. Just this time hoshi had someone there for him. Someone of the similar caliber, mabye even more talented. Hoshi would occasionally work on singing while Woozi on dancing and vice versa. Each one complimented the other. And it was then when he realized, not only has he found the best dance partner but maybe the best life partner he could have. Hoshi couldn’t help himself but feel nervous with woozi, he worked on keeping his hopes low. Anyone aiming to be a artist in Korea wouldn't be gay. This thought kept him going and his relationship with the shorter male the same.

The only one to notice this change in character is S.coups. As the leader Coups needed to understand everyone to be able to lead fairly. Understanding each person wasn’t so difficult as everyone was a bit too vocal about their thoughts. Just those who keep their thoughts to himself were the ones who he keeped an eye out for. The chinese line being one of those who needed to be watched since they do not speak well yet, joshua, and especially the most troublesome of them all, Hoshi and Woozi. These two caused a lot of stress for him. They were younger but there worked like there was no tomorrow. They also didn’t vocalize what Coups thinks are their real emotions.

Its not like they lie to everyone, no. They just don’t like anyone feeling unnecessarily burdened because of them. Keeping their doubts about themselves to themselves. So after a while he got a hang of their habits, like how hoshi would make a lame joke when he felt unsure with the situation. How woozi would toy with the ends of the long sleeve shirt when he felt nervous of what he is saying. One thing S.coups didn’t get was how easily they understand each other without noticing themselves. When he tugged at his sleeve, Hoshi would unconsciously pat his shoulder as if he didn’t have anything to worry about. Then when Hoshi would make a lame joke, Woozi would speak right after him changing the situation almost like he knew Hoshi felt uncomfortable.


S.coups knew them like the back of his sleeve, even if some of their actions are questionable. So when you're a kid coming into a room looking satisfied and another smiling like a fool. He knew something was up. But it seemd as it was not something bad, so Coups disregarded it all together; leaving the two to their situation.

No one else notice the couple who were in their world. The meeting came to an end, and each to their sleeping space. Except one person, Woozi couldn't sleep that day, he was almost too gidy or excited to go asleep even though he has a long day ahead of him tomorrow. It wasn't like him to feel this way, he felt like a schoolgirl who was able to talk to her crush for the first time that he saw in a drama. He didn't like generic love stories, but he couldn't help but replay all the things that happened just hours before in his mind.

Members talking behind my back.

Members not liking me at first.

Hoshi making sure they give me a second chance.

They felt thankful they met me.

And….wait….Hoshi? Hoshi did that?

A light tint of pink was brushed against his cheeks when he remembered it was Hoshi’s doing. Woozi wasn’t dumb, he knew it was Hoshi who got him on the team. He was told by the CEO to help their relationship for the better. Stating he nearly begged him to have Woozi join, even though he said some bad things to him, Jihoon was the person who would change Seventeen for the better.

Hoshi had done something that left Woozi eternally grateful to him. And now he gave him a chance to let the members think of him in a better light. No words could describe how thankful he now felt. He was left just accepting his kindness that made him mad. Not being able to pay back all the joy he felt because of him. Thinking of a way to return the kindness that Hoshi gave him, he sat their on the roof of the apartment complex not minding his surroundings. Not minding that there was a presence next to him the whole time. Listening as Woozi has an internal struggle of which he had no idea about.

Woozi came to the conclusion that first he would thank him wholeheartedly first, then decide what to do next with Hoshi himself. Though he knew no words would cover how he made him felt he needed to say it with all his emotion that he has ever expressed in words before. Clearing his voice slightly since he has been quiet for such a long time. Toying with the ends of his sweater while getting up to speak while standing, he said in such a soft voice that anyone would mistake it as adorable,

“Thank you Sooyoung…for being there for me. Thank you.”

The other sat there shocked by the actions of Woozi, by the words of Woozi. He was about to say something when he finally noticed that someone was there next to him. Almost falling down due to how surprised he was. Woozi felt a lot of emotions because of this one person. He felt surprised, happy, and grateful because of this person. The person he just told his thoughts was right next to him just as shocked. Though he came back to reality much sooner. Flashing a small smile, accepting what Woozi had said but rejecting it with his words,

“No, Jihoon thank you for being there for me, Thank you.”

These words were said in a soft tone hitting Woozi even harder with emotion. Another thing this person was good at was his words, how full of feelings they are. The level of perfection only ringed through Woozi’s ear.

He knew Hoshi meant what he said.


Extra long Chapter, YESS!

Soooo Sorry for the late updates. Thanks for sticking around, I've been crushed at school. Taking AP classes is no joke!

 

As always: Like, comment, and subscribe for more! < ^ - ^ >