Ch. 3

Lady Luck

Hoshi didn’t feel this way before, that was for sure. Unlike Woozi he had no dating experience at all. The only thing that mattered was the music. The arts is what gave Hoshi life, something he was great at. In Pledis there was no one who could rival his talent. A fast learner with passion for music especially for dance. At first he took pride knowing he would be the best, but that couldn’t satisfy him, the team was gaining numbers and though, they too, were learning quite well Hoshi yearned for competition to be able to evolve even further in much time less than waiting for them to flourish.


 

Hoshi knew this type of thinking was wrong. He wasn’t that much ahead than the others but when they consistently relied on him, on his talents, he could only teach but not grow himself. He was getting impatient, and people were noticing especially the CEO. That was one of the reasons in which he kept the spots for future Seventeen open, to see if the kids could find good partners and rivals. But Hoshi was special, he knew he’d grow big and fast. Though the search for a good rival was turning bleak and the band was getting a bit too big.

 

They sat down for a talk: Hoshi, the CEO, and the casters to see how long the tryouts would last. It was finalized, one week, in one week if no one with potential of hoshi appear then they’ll be forced to stop. This was a generous extension Hoshi knew that all too well and thanked everyone on the team. To make sure their efforts weren’t in vain he asked if he would also participate as a judge. Though they worried he might be biased, they put faith in his judgement since he knew the best of what he needed.

 

A day went by, flowing into two, then three. There was good kids but they didn’t even scratch the surface of what Hoshi wanted just yet. There was times during this that hoshi would think to himself if this were to turn out to be a teen drama. When on the last day the last participant would appear breathtaking beautiful and he would do anything to  get him on the team. Though they have some bumps here and there the girl would eventually have mutual feelings and they’ll live happily ever after. But Hoshi doesn’t like generic love lines.

 

the third day was going by a bit too slow for his liking so to waste time he began scrolling through the resumes ahead of time. There was a few that caught his attention but one of course stood out the most. Well to be exact it was exactly one line that stood out him, “Experience speaks for itself’ that was a line that Hoshi used a lot in describing himself. following that line was a list of songs and tapes that were self composed. Now this is something new. Maybe this kid didn’t have to be as good as him in dancing but composing is a great skill. One that Hoshi certainly did not have, neither seventeen, yet. The rapper line were writhing their raps but this wasn’t the same. Making the melody and instrumental weren’t their forte either. Maybe this kid is it. He had high hopes for this one but he kept his head clear as others auditioned for the spot.

 

After lunch break the judges weren’t as hopeful. two full days have gone by with no luck and a third was just going to finish. Hoshi did have a little feeling that if he wasn’t right this he might never find what he was looking for. Finally the teen came up and introduced himself as Jihoon. Jihoon was completely different from the person Hoshi pictured apart from the surprising small built and baby face he didn’t look confident. He wouldn’t be the type of person who would write such a confident line like ‘experience speaks for itself’. And his small frame didn’t help him at all. Hoshi now began to expect a personality switch when the music began but there wasn’t anything. His timidness showed a bit too much and Hoshi began to get annoyed as the audition continued. Then he did something out of nowhere, he would think as unforgivable but he went on. Hoshi stop the performance all together. Leaving the small teen embarrassed and angry.

 

The whole panel was surprised as Hoshi started to speak.

 

“I’m pretty sure this isn’t your best best performance. In fact I’m certain that this act doesn’t even represent you as a future artist as all.”

Hoshi wanted to stop..

“From your work I can tell your prideful musician but this act isn’t it. I apologize but the person in front of me doesn’t show experience at all.”

Even he was surprised, his cheeks started to be covered in a tint of red. But Jihoon didn’t notice as he was too preoccupied of what the judge, who didn’t look older than he, said. This hurt his pride the most and he too began to fume with anger. To be able to calm himself down he need time but there was none, so Jihoon only had music left. He asked in a vary serious tone, if they would play any recent song. Since he had no pen, no paper, and no piano. There was only dance left. That was exactly what Jihoon did, almost literally dancing his heart out to put that judge in his place.

 

That was exactly what Jihoon did. Hoshi was amazed though he didn’t have the same skill, his feel for the music was something else. If it was as if the music was dancing off of him instead of him dancing to the music. He was it, what Hoshi needed, he couldn’t help but thank luck for giving him Jihoon. But it wasn’t until later that he thanked Lady luck for the new Woozi to be his First Love.

 

 


 

 

Sorry Guys for the late update. Hopefully it is entertaining for you enough. ^ _ ^

 

As always : like, comment, and subsrcibe for more!!