Focus

Seventeen Days

[Next Day]

The bell rang and Jiyoung almost jumped out of her seat in excitement because it was lunchtime.

"Why do you look so excited?" her friend asked, bemused, getting ready to leave the classroom. 

"Jieun, I forgot to eat dinner last night and I was in such a rush this morning I couldn't eat breakfast." Jiyoung said, pouting. She jumped up and linked arms with her, "Let's go." she exclaimed. Jieun just scoffed and followed her lead. 

The girls started chatting about everyday life as they stood in the queue waiting for their lunch. As soon as they got their lunch, they saw their other friends and went to sit with them. "Naeun, Soojung, how's studying going?" Jiyoung asked as she sat down. Naeun started dismissing her while saying "Ugh, please don't talk about studying." Jiyoung laughed as she sat down. 

"But, guys, have you seen that hot student? I don't know his name but he's just so cute." Naeun sighed contently while smiling. "He's been in the school for a while but he totally got better looking. I don't know if it's because he changed hairstyle or went through puberty but he looks so much better now." 
"Ugh, you guys, drooling over hot guys as usual." Jiyoung laughed. 
"What's wrong with that?" Naeun grinned, nudging Jiyoung. "It's nice seeing these boys grow into..." Naeun paused for effect, "men." she finished. All the girls laughed as they shook their heads at Naeun. It was typical of her. She never actually liked anyone, she just sort of looked at every guy she thought was hot. Typical Naeun. 

"Hey, guys. I'm going to get some water. Be back." Jiyoung said as she got up. She ran across the hall and when she was coming back, she suddenly slipped on something and felt herself falling. "Damn, I messed up. Now I'm going to look like an idiot. Ugh, why does this feel like slow motion?" Jiyoung thought as she clenched her entire body, ready to hit the ground. "Oh!" she gasped, as she felt someone holding her. She opened her eyes. 

"Bu-Bus boy." she whispered, eyes widening. He helped her stand up and without so much as batting an eyelid, left straight away. Jiyoung frowned in confusion, "Okay... that was nice of him but he didn't even ask if I was OK or anything..." Jiyoung thought to herself. She just went back to the table with all eyes staring at her.

"What?" she asked. "That was the guy." Jiyoung looked confused. "The cute one who went through puberty." Naeun added. 

"Oh. That jerk?" Jiyoung replied, shaking her head. The girls all stared at her, "But, he just helped you." Jiyoung sighed and said, "Yes, but that was the jerk that embarrassed me in the library. AND he didn't even ask me anything just now. I'm surprised he didn't just throw me back on the floor." Jiyoung pouted.

"At least he helped you?" Jieun added, looking hopeful so Jiyoung didn't get too annoyed. "Hm, I suppose so. I mean, his actions were nice, it's just what followed. Isn't it just basic manners? I feel like I'm being ungrateful but at the same time, I just don't understand." Jiyoung rambled. "Anyway, forget that incident. It doesn't matter." she said, dismissing whatever else the girls tried to add on.

"Still, he was cute." Naeun declared finally.

.

Jisoo walked faster after the incident until he was by himself. He sighed in relief, he hated being the centre of attention anywhere because it gave him anxiety. He sat down and breathed slowly. At least he had the courage to help her. "Wasn't she the girl who talked to me in the library?" he wondered. "Oh crap, I didn't even ask her if she was okay, I just left." Jisoo frowned. At this rate, he was gonna look like a jerk. A nice jerk. He leaned back into his chair and sighed again. "Damn it. I ed up." he exclaimed loudly. 

"Excuse me, Jisoo?" a teacher put his head through the door. 

Jisoo jumped up in shock, "Oh shi- I mean, sorry!" he replied with, looking down. The teacher pursed her lips and left. "Why do I keep doing messy things?" Jisoo asked himself and hit his head a few times in annoyance.

.

Jiyoung started studying for mid terms again. She cracked her knuckles and neck and yawned. It was around 6pm and she still had around 2 hours left until she could leave her after-school class. She started day-dreaming about life until she felt a tap on her head. "Ow, what?!" she snapped as she turned around to see her tutor. She smiled awkwardly, "Sorry, Sir." 

She yawned again and realised there were only around 13 days until exams. She pouted and thought to herself, "I can't start thinking about pointless boys and pointless things."

 


.

.

.

OK hi guys. This was a bit of a weirdly written chapter. Idk if I want to make this long (bcs I feel like I'll run out of days.) I'll probably only do a few more chapters. I really hope you're enjoying this story guys <3 please comment, upvote, subscribe, etc, etc ^^