Apologies

Seventeen Days

Jiyoung sat there with a pen in her hand, staring off into the distance. "Ugh, I can't concentrate." she thought, sighing. She really didn't want to fail her midterms. Her exam results from before weren't so good and she promised her parents she'd do better. That way, her parents would pay for her piano lessons again.
She started daydreaming again about playing the piano. She had been playing it her whole life but because she had been focusing on it so much, her parents realised her grades took a drop, so they decided to put it on hold. She sighed again, shook her head and decided to try and concentrate. She pouted as she tried to read the content and try and get it all into her head. She had a few days left. She could do this. 

Jisoo checked into the library and sat down in the far corner. He had decided to start cutting down on his guitar practice from now. He was going to study for 2 hours and play guitar for an hour. He looked around and realised it was packed. He took a random seat and took out his books. He put his guitar case down but it hit the desk and a sound escaped, captuing the attention of most of the library. He bowed slightly, while mouthing "Sorry". He was slightly embarrassed but there was nothing he could do.

Jiyoung heard the sound and snapped her head towards where it was coming from. She looked at the boy next to her and then furrowed her eyebrows as she thought she could remember him from somewhere. "Hmmm." she thought, as she tilted her head while looking at him, concentrating. She laughed to herself slightly while thinking, "Ha, if only I put this much effort into my damn studying. Although, he is pretty handsome..." she cooed. Then it hit her, "Oh!" she gasped. "You're the bus stop guy who woke me up!" she exclaimed. 

Jisoo turned to look at her, "Huh." he whispered. The embarrassment was just rolling in today, wasn't it? He put a finger to his mouth and whispered again, "Shh." 
"Don't you remember me?" Jiyoung answered with, excited.

"I don't bloody know! Now, will you please be quiet?" Jisoo replied with, firmly. Jiyoung was taken aback.

"I-I'm sorry, I'll let you get on with your work now. S-Sorry." she said, meekly. She turned back to her desk and frowned. "He didn't have to be so damn rude. Jheeeze." she thought to herself, even more annoyed that she apologised. "Ugh, I don't even feel like studying in this environment anymore." she mumbled to herself. Jisoo turned slightly to her desk at the sound of her mumbling but went back to his work nevertheless. He didn't need distractions at a time like this.

Jiyoung packed her stuff and quietly left. She wasn't embarrassed or angry or anything. She just didn't feel like it was neccessary. "Yes, I know, I'm hyper and over-react sometimes. But there's no need to talk to me in such a rude tone. I mean, I was just trying to be friendly." she thought angrily. She took a deep breath as she walked down the hallway. She saw a practice room open with a piano inside and smiled while coming to a stop. "Just once." she said to herself, smiling.

.

Jisoo felt his stomach grumble and suddenly needed the toilet. He quickly left the library and started walking the long walk down the corridor. "Why is the toilet so far away from the libary?" he grumbled. He then heard the sudden piano sound. He stopped walking for a second, and just listened.

Jiyoung started playing again, and it was almost muscle memory. Well, no wonder, she had been playing practically all her life. She started beaming as she finally felt familiar with something. All her thoughts had gone to white. There was nothing but her and the piano. "Ah, this is so ni-" 

"Excuse me." she heard a knock on the door which interrupted her train of thought. "You're not supposed to play the piano during school hours in this period. It's exam season. People must be studying. Your door was wide open. What are you doing?"

"So-Sorry!" Jiyoung stuttered. "Always with the damn stuttering."  she scolded herself in her head, as she grabbed her bag and quickly ran out to go home.


 

The music stopped. Jisoo suddenly opened his eyes and his eyebrows furrowed. Why did it cut off so suddenly? It was meant to finish gracefully, especially with playing like that. He jogged down the corridor and looked into the practice room when he got there but it was empty.

"Excuse me." he stopped the caretaker walking past, "Was there anyone in here just now?" he asked.

"Yeah, but she was told not to play during school time." he replied. "Ah, thank you." Jisoo said, smiling. 

"What a shame. It would've been nice to meet this person. Their playing was almost perfect" he thought to himself, as he trodded back to the library, disheartened. He had forgotten he even needed the toilet anymore.