Lingering Feelings

Ice Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica regretted giving Yuri her room number. The girl came over whenever she felt like it and it was starting to become bothersome. Jessica only had a single, so it was quite small too. All she had was a desk, a bed and a couch.

 

At the beginning, Yuri used to come over to bug and annoy her about joining the figure skating team, but Jessica refused adamantly each time. Now she came just to bug her for fun.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jessica asked dryly as soon as she opened the door to her single, knowing no one else would bother her except Yuri, especially at this time in the morning.

 

“You weren’t home during the weekend so I got worried and decided to come visit,” Yuri grinned. “I even brought breakfast.”

 

Jessica squinted at her friend. “It’s five in the morning.”

 

“And yet you’re awake, aren’t you? We can do our morning run together,” Yuri shrugged, as she let herself in, ignoring the glare Jessica was giving her. From the blonde's appearance, it was clear to Yuri that Jessica had not just woken up.

 

“I don’t eat before running,” Jessica deadpanned as she closed the door. Despite her words, she joined Yuri on the tiny couch.

 

“Where were you anyways? Sleeping over at your boyfriend’s?” Yuri joked, elbowing the blonde. Jessica pushed her back.

 

“I don’t have a boyfriend,” Jessica scoffed. “I was at home.”

 

“Oh, you went to see Umma Jung?” Yuri asked as she bit into an apple. “How is she?”

 

“Yeah, I go every weekend. She’s fine,” Jessica shrugged as she helped herself to a bit of the tuna sandwich Yuri brought despite her previous words.


“Tell her I say hi,” Yuri commented and gulped down two gulps of water. “Now come on. Let’s go.”

 

 

 

 

They got to the track at around 5:30am. It was freezing. Jessica could see her breath every time she exhaled.

 

“Do you usually wake up this early everyday?” Yuri asked suddenly as they started stretching. “Tiffany told me she saw you running here the other day at around the same time.”

 

Jessica nodded as she bent down to tie her shoes. “I like running now. There’s nobody else here.”

 

She then took off leaving Yuri behind.

 

“That’s weird,” Yuri muttered, stretching her arms. “I remember you used to hate waking up early. We couldn’t get you to wake up on time for morning practice. You were always late.”

 

‘Have you changed that much or...do you have trouble sleeping now?’

 

Yuri took off after her friend.

 

 

 

 

The two of them jogged for half an hour until more people started showing up.

 

“I’m headed to the gym. The team has land training this morning. You wanna join?” Yuri asked, hoping Jessica would say yes, as she grabbed her water bottle and towel. She was still trying to persuade Jessica to join the skating team.

 

To her dismay but not to her surprise, Jessica shook her head. “We have morning practice today.”

 

They bid farewell and parted ways. Jessica headed to the dance studio only to find a note on the door.

 

‘Morning practice is cancelled. Head to the gym on the west side of campus for weight training.’

 

Under the note was a list of exercises for them to do.

 

Jessica frowned reading the note. The west side gym was the gym the figure skating team used. Just her luck.

 

Clutching her sports duffel bag, Jessica contemplated whether or not she should just skip morning practice.

 

‘And get lectured by the coach in front of everyone? No way.’

 

 

 

 

After dropping off her stuff in the locker, Jessica hesitated at the entrance into the gym. Thankfully, she hadn’t yet run into anyone on the figure skating team, but it was only a matter of time.

 

“What are you doing, Unnie?”

 

Jessica turned around and instantly grinned.

 

“Yoona.” It was her favorite dongsaeng.

 

Yoona grinned teasingly. “Were you spacing out again?”

 

Jessica hit the girl lightly on the shoulder. “No, just deciding whether or not I should skip.”

 

Yoona gasped. “And leave me all alone? You wouldn’t.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes at the dramatic act. “After you retire from ballet, you should become an actress. You have the facial expressions down,” she joked.

 

“Will you be one of my fangirls then? Do you want my signature?” Yoona mimicked the motions, causing both of them to burst into laughter.

 

“Ahem.”

 

The two turned around to find Hyuna, a second year in the ballet team, glaring at them dryly. “Can you guys move? You’re blocking the door. Some of us actually want to practice and not just play around, you know.”

 

Jessica returned the glare and opened to retaliate.

 

“Sorry,” Yoona apologized as she put an arm around Jessica and led her into the gym before the blonde could do anything rash. Hyuna scoffed and walked in after them, plugging in her earphones before minding her own business.

 

“What’s her problem?” Jessica asked, eyeing Hyuna.

 

“I got the lead for the winter production again,” Yoona stated. “She’s...a little upset. She really wanted the role. She practiced really hard but there wasn’t even an audition. The director gave it to me after seeing my performance during the tour.”

 

“She’s just bitter because she’s jealous of you,” Jessica muttered. “I hate people like that. You should watch your back around her.” Jessica warned.  

 

Yoona merely hummed. She was already used to hostility and jealous stares. “It comes with being on top I guess,” she shrugged. “It doesn’t bother me that much, so you shouldn’t let it bother you either.” She bopped Jessica on the nose for good measure making the girl pout.


“Fine,” Jessica sighed in defeat.

 

“Good. Now let’s go practice. I think I can beat my personal record today. I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter