Her Angel

Take Me Home

It has been weeks, months even since Wheein confessed to her. They didn't bring it up again. Solar has been as weird. "So jelly!" Hwasa would tease from time to time. Wheein always reacts violently while Solar never understood what's actually going on.

It was few weeks ago when they were told that each girl will have her own apartment . Same building, same floor, but different apartments. At first the girls didn't process the idea easily. They got used to each other. They got used to Hwasa's ignorant self. Moonbyul's cheesiness. Wheein's snacks and Solar's cleaning-addiction.

Later, after thinking about it for a while they started liking the idea. Finally they will have some personal space, time to reflect.

They wrote the numbers of the apartments on separate papers. They closed their eyes and picked the papers up.

"Younger to older." Said Hwasa.

She opened her eyes and read the number "23"

Wheein: "21"

They looked at the girls besides them.

Moonbyul: "24..Hwasa's neighbor!!!" She said excited. "Then Solar will be between Wheein and Me.." Maknae grinned. Solar sighed. She knew she's gonna get troubled by Hwasa. After all, that's the both of their positions in the group. Her to be teased, trolled, pranked and Hwasa to do all of that. She didn't know that the person that tells them to stay sane when they are taking a picture or making a video is none than Wheein.

Wheein was the sane one in the group but that never stopped her from teasing the girls.

Everything was ready when they made it to the dorm. They packed their personal items and, with all the never again's, they left the dorm. It's not like they can't hang around but they are no longer roommates. No longer waiting for the shower. No longer voices and laughter filling the air.

 

*******

 

The girls came back from Jeju island and tiresome took over the air. They said their goodnights and each girl headed to her own place.

In the middle of the night Yong Sun found herself unable to sleep. Suddenly, being all alone again, made her feel home-sick even though she was home. She stared into the blinding darkness blinking away the thoughts of what it might hide. Moonbyul was so tired earlier. Knowing her she probably just fell asleep a bit ago. Hwasa will never wake up right now. One more thing was stopping her from calling any of them is the feeling deep down her stomach hinting that they are not who she needs.

Should i call Wheein? She reached her hand out, hitting everything posing on her night table before she finally got hold of her phone.

 

To: Jung
  Are you up?

From: Yong Sun

 

From: Jung
 
Yes! Is everything okay?
To: Yong Sun

 

To: Jung
Can you come over? Or should I come over?
From: Yong Sun

 

Seconds later Yong Sun's phone rang. "Open the door!" She smiled and hurried out of her bed, turning on the light and heading to the front door. Wheein was in her pajamas. She smiled at Solar. Yong Sun looked at the younger girl for a bit. She, then, pulled her in and for a hug. Tight, full of relief and..love?

Wheein, flustered at first, stood still but when the girl wrapping her in her arms didn't seem to let go any soon she hugged her back. Wheein's hair smelled like roses and coffee and Yong Sun took one more second to enjoy the scent. Pulling away reluctantly she whispered "Thank you for coming, I couldn't fall asleep."

Wheein the leader's hair, tugging the locks covering her pale face behind her ears. She took the cold hands between her's "Angel Wheein is here now and she'll help you sleep." She reassured smiling warmly at the girl before her.

Even though Yong Sun is the oldest, she was fragile. The almost blonde girl appreciated that Solar was perfectly imperfect. Everything about Solar was attractive in its special way though.

 

Her long brown hair and the way it curls a little at the ends.

Her bright smile and the tiny dimples she has at the corners of .

Her warm, now freezing, hands. The way she nags the members to wake up, to eat, to keep it clean, to start rehearsing, to keep it quiet..

She could go on for days about Solar, talking about the details, the never-will-be-forgotten memories, the Angel-line, the high notes, the hard days..

 

Solar settled back in bed and Wheein sat on the edge, still holding her hand. The older girl pressed herself against the cold wall then with her free hand she patted the empty room next to her "Sleep with me.." she asked cutely, nicely, kind of begging for Wheein's approval.

Wheein blushed and nodded right before laying next to Solar. "It was empty. My entire life felt empty before you stood in front of my door. I couldn't even close my eyes." Wheein was looking at Solar who's expressions were full of bitterness and sadness till she looked up and their eyes met. The leader's face lit up and the reminder that she's not alone right now. "It's no longer empty." She whispered and snuggled closer to to the younger girl.

 

Wheein's heart betrayed her. Solar looked up again as she felt the beating heart beneath her palm. Her eyes demanded some explanation or simply something making her wish a reality..that the little heart was beating for her.

 

She felt Wheein's hand pressing against her back then brushing against its way to Solar's head. She felt the tiny fingers her hair, brush it slowly sending warm shivers down her spine and warming her cheeks.

The older girl was slowly falling asleep. And when she's sleepy, she let's everything out. That's what Hwasa learned through the long, numerous nights she spent in the same room as the girl.

 

Wheein felt a pair of warm lips press against her neck. Soft as ever. Her fingers stopped moving and her hand hovered slightly on Yong Sun's head, holding her breath. The latter didn't pull away. Instead she breathed warmly against the younger girl's neck before kissing it again earning a silent moan, heavy breath from the kid.

She found herself pressing her body against the older girl, pulling her closer and asking for more affection. And that was it. They clung into each other like they would for dear life. Hearts beating, eyes closed.

 

"Wheein-ah!" Called Yong Sun hesitant. She tilted her head to find the girl looking at her with cheeks as red as ever. Wheein got more flustered with the way Yong Sun devoured her face with her eyes, biting her lips.

"Yes?"

"I want something..I want..to.." and before the girl adds anything Wheein pulled her for..a kiss. Same soft lips but now pressed against her own lips. It always sounds cheesy when people say it but it really felt like time stopped. They felt as if it was only both of them with their loud breaths and beating hearts.

 

Wheein dreamed of this since so long. Since the training days filled of doubts of ever actually making it to the light. Since the sleepless nights busy with exercises and sweat.

 

Little did she know that Yong Sun wanted as much but she didn't know what she wanted that much. Her heart was glued to Wheein's existence and the older girl always brushed it away as a "She's so tiny and fragile and I want to protect her..maybe I also want to be someone..necessary in her life.."

She said one night to Moonbyul after a few drinks. "Byul-ie..have you ever felt like this..for someone?" She asked her best friend. Solar was too busy in her own world to notice the slight smirk on Byul's face. "Yes.." She answered.

 

Yong Sun didn't know but now she knows. When they ran out of breath, they pulled a little, their noses still touching.
"Yong-Doni.." Solar pressed her lips against Wheein's again for a quick peck.
"I like you.. Wheein-ie.." and Wheein kissed Solar again. "You're my angel.." She whispered between stolen kisses and little smiles.
"I..I want to kiss you.. again and again.. but.. I want to fall asleep with you..but .. don't leave me.. stay here.. okay?"

And Wheein nodded, making a promise to.. Her Angel