Undercover

Take Me Home

Wheein didn't wait for a response. She plugged the AUX cord to her phone and played some loud music. 

Yong Sun was still speechless. Her heartbeats still racing but weirdly the heavy stone on her chest was no longer there. Her cheeks were all shades of pink and her gaze never left Wheein. 

The music played non-stop. One song, two songs, three songs. Time flying and none of the girls was aware of it till Yong Sun's phone rang. 

Byuli

​"Why are you taking so long?" Asked Moonbyul. 

"Um? Uh.. I needed to stop..and buy some drinks cause I feel dehydrated." The leader lied. She was still processing what Wheein said. "Okay! Be careful. We're waiting." Said the other girl before hanging up. 

Wheein played the music again. Solar finally started the engine and drove off. No matter how loud music was, for both girls it was so silent. Both of them where in their own worlds and all the music did was separate each of the worlds. 

Once they made it to the dorms Wheein bowed to the older girl, mumbled a broke I'm sorry and hurried in. Yong Sun followed short after. Hwasa was all over her best friend. She hugged her so hard, squeezing life out of her, eyes full of tears. 

Wheein was sobbing too, finally letting out all what she held in around Yong Sun. No one understood what's happening, even the oldest of them. 

Hwasa and Byul asked million questions but Wheein answered none. Instead she excused herself to go to bed saying that she feels tired and not herself. Yong Sun looked flustered, eyes red, obviously from crying. The maknae wanted to make sure that her best friend will be as comfortable as possible so she followed to her room. "Wheein-ah.. let me sleep with you tonight.." She said and the other girl didn't reject. Wheein actually needed it. She needed her best friend's presence that night. 

Moonbyul was left with the confused leader standing in the living room staring through the walls at a non-existent universe. She snapped her fingers right in front of her face to get her attention. "Yes? I'm sorry.." Solar said. "Tell me what's wrong. Tell me where you found her and tell me why she was there. Tell me why she is crying and why you look like this." 

"I don't know.."

"You don't know what? Unnie I might be dense sometimes but I know when something is off." Moonbyul insisted on knowing what happened but what she couldn't understand is Yong Sun herself doesn't know what happened. 

"I found her in an Inn near the National Park. She was by herself. She was not planning to stay but it got dark and she was hesitant to drive in the dark. She doesn't look like she is okay so that's why I cried a little. That's the entire story now I'm going to take a shower and you can sleep in my room tonight since Hwasa is staying with Wheein." The leader headed to the shower and Moonbyul was left confused. She threw herself on the couch and the TV. She let out a relief sigh as she looked for something to watch and get her thoughts off what happened today. 

 

30 minutes later Solar was out of the shower. She called Moonbyul "It's late and we can't wake up after 7 tomorrow, let's go to bed Byulyi." The latter did as told. She turned off the TV, the lights and joined the older girl. 

"I'm worried about Wheein." The rapper was now on Hwasa's bed staring blankly at the white washed ceiling. "Same.." Was all what she got from her best friend. The latter turned off the lights and silence took over the place.

 

That night Solar couldn't sleep for more than an hour. What Wheein said in the car played in her head a million times "Yong..Doni is my home.."

"Yong-Doni..that's my nickname.. Yong-Doni is my home?" She asked herself again and again. She didn't catch herself smile at the thought of being the one Wheein loves. She didn't pay attention to her beating heart that was about to burst at the simple thought of maybe being what Wheein belongs to. Finally at 5 AM she fell asleep. 

 

The girls had no scheduled events that day but they preferred to start practicing early in order to have the entire afternoon and evening for themselves. Yong Sun's dark circles revealed a sleepless night. Wheein complained about having a headache at least 5 times. Hwasa looked pale. Wheein was crying in her sleep and Hwasa didn't have the heart to go to bed and leave her like that. Moonbyul was the only one who got decent amount of sleep. She looked normal, at least. 

 

"Okay, seriously now.." Hwasa said during the tiny break they had between practices. "Please let's go to a theme park I've been so bored it's unfair! I'm still a kid, you know?" She whined and the other girls laughed for the first time that day. "You say you're still a kid while you hate it when people say you're young! Double standards." Wheein called out her friend's bull. "You just want to make us pity you and actually go.." She added.

"Well I brought your hoodies and your masks and everything is ready so please let's go.." The maknae begged a bit more.. and more because the older girls loved making her beg and she knew it but she loved how they're finally smiling.

The girls decided that having lunch in the company's cafeteria is best in order to save money for some smoothies later. They decided that waiting for it to get a little dark is the best thing to do in order to not make a fuss in the park and actually have fun.  

 

It was 7 PM and the kids were already in the park. Wandering around, fascinated about all the rides they want to get on. "BUMPER CARS!" Hwasa was as excited as a little 5 year old kid. She turned to her unnies and with puppy eyes she asked them to play that first. "Two teams! Byul unnie and I versus Angel-line. Decided." 

Hwasa's desire to go to the theme park was more than just out of boredom. Last night when Wheein was crying in her sleep, she mumbled "Yong-Doni" more than once and Hwasa knew that something was going on. Her doubts were made sure in the morning when both girls did everything avoiding each other.  
Everyone knew that Hwasa is fatal in these games so Moonbyl was super excited about "crashing" the other team. Moonbyul had the most adorable smile when she's excited about what she's talking about. 

 

"HwaByul vs. Angel-Line" Screamed Moonbyul when she got in the red mini car, joined by Hwasa. Wheein and Solar got in a yellow mini car. "Yellow cause Solar Taeyang (Sun)" Said Wheein, talking to Yong Sun for the first time that day. Solar just smiled. 

In the middle of the ride both teams were heading to each other, so fast, ready for the crash. And right before they bumped into each other Wheein felt a warm arm wrapping itself around her tummy, fixing her against her seat. HwaByul started laughing so hard after the bump, Solar had the brightest smile while the younger girl in the team was staring at her ignoring the entire world against her. All she saw was Yong Sun's bright smile and pretty face. All she felt was Yong Sun's arm making sure that she won't get hurt. 

"Unnie, put on your mask or people will recognize you from your nose muscles and then you can kiss our break goodbye. We are.. Undercover today!" The maknae scolded Moonstar and like the obedient kid she is, the older girl put on her mask. "Good girl!" Hwasa pat her unnie's head laughing. 

 

Wheein was the last to get off the car. She looked up to find the girl she loves giving her a hand. At first she thought it was just to help her up but once out of the mini car, the leader linked their hands together and dragged her to join the girls walking before them. The younger girl was blushing. If it was any other day, it'd be normal to have Yong Sun do that around her but she literally confessed to the girl with chestnut hair last night. Wheein didn't understand what Yong Sun was trying to do but she was happy that Yong Sun is being herself around her. 

 

"My sun.." She whispered low enough so no one could hear her or that's what she thought.

"My angel.." Solar said and poked Wheein's dimple.