Girl Crush

Take Me Home

It was the annual ISAC games and Mamamoo were one of the many groups competing this year. During the games some pictures were going viral online in the fandom. One of the pictures was of Moonbyul and Wheein. They were in their costumes. Sitting next to each other but more like cuddling. Legs and arms intertwined as they watched intently something that is not shown. Wheein's left leg was on Moonbyul's, left arm slightly holding onto her. The younger girl was resting her head on unnie's shoulder. She looked comfortable. Moonbyul, unable to keep her hands for herself, like always, she rested her hand on Wheein's knee. The two girls looked as comfortable as ever and the fans were going crazy for that.

 

That day Solar was sent home earlier than the others. Bored, the leader got on the internet to distract herself while the show played on TV. She was only interested in the parts where her girls will join. Curious about what netizens have to say about the show and especially her group's appearance on it, she searched for forums related to the topic. Scrolling down she passed a picture that looked "odd" to her. Moonbyul and Wheein were all over each other while watching something.

Yong Sun didn't understand why but she felt a sting in her chest. It was some heavy feeling she experienced before but she couldn't tell when or how. The feeling got worse as she started reading the comments about the photo "WheeByul are killing me oh my god".."Now Kiss".."I SHIP IT".. Solar thought that maybe the feeling she's having is because she wants to be there with the girls and Wheein.

"The girls and Wheein! Hahahahaha Wheein is part of the girls too I didn't have to say and Wheein..nice..now I'm talking to myself.." She let her phone fall on her tummy and she closed her eyes hoping she'd fall asleep till the kids come home. She already made dinner so now all to do is wait.

The picture kept hanging in the back of her head making it harder for her to get off those thoughts that she couldn't define. Her mind went back to that night few weeks ago. The night Wheein went missing. She started thinking all over again about what the tiny girl said that night. Yong Sun still didn't figure out the right places to these pieces in the puzzle. Maybe she is dumb or maybe promotions stopped her from thinking straight.

 

It was around 10 PM when she felt little hands play with her hair and rub her cheeks telling her to wake up. She tried to open her eyes but the light was blinding. She shut them close right away. "Wake up!" She opened her eyes again and now the girl is blocking the light from hurting them. The leader smiled. She smiled as if she is seeing an angel. And the angel smiled back then said "I think this unnie have been enjoying such a dream." Said Wheein making a funny face. Solar slapped her arm lightly "Ugh these naughty kids I was just smiling cause I saw you!"

While Hwasa and Moonbyul laughed at how cheesy Solar was being. Wheein was blushing so hard and the oldest was rubbing her eyes trying to wake up. "How are you? Won't you shower first?" Asked the leader. Wheein walked to Moonbyul, tiptoed to whisper something in her ear then she pulled away, still tagging on Byul's shirt and asked "Do you want to shower first or me first?"

The scene gave Yong Sun a feeling of uneasiness. The same feeling from when she saw the photo earlier. "Let's shower together.." Answered Moonbyul as she proceeded to tickle Wheein but her hands caught air. She looked to her left to find Solar pulling Wheein while telling her to go into the shower because they have no time to waste and she's hungry. One hour later the girls were around the table in the living room. They loved eating in front of the TV even though they don't pay attention to it. Hwasa noticed that the leader is sulking and she kind of had an idea about what might the reason be.

 

"Byul unnie! Did you see this picture?" She said showing her phone to Moonbyul as her eyes were fixed on the oldest of them. Solar saw the picture and Hwasa could swear that jealousy is filling the room. Wheein asked what is it and Hwasa showed her. She captured the way Solar coughed and looked around. The way she slightly clutched her dress when Wheein said "We look like a cute couple Moonbyul-ah." And looked at her with a smile from ear to ear as her dimple made her smile so special and bright.

 

"Why were you all over Byul?" Asked Solar "I mean..you do look like ..you have.. something going on..and you guys were in public.." The Maknae smiled. Wheein looked flustered and Moonbyul cut the silence and answered "We're known for being so touchy so what's new? Plus look at this cheeseball right here.." She said looking at Wheein. "I would never mind her doing that even if in public. She's so tiny and cute!!" Earning a bigger smile from the honey haired kid.

Yong Sun stormed to her room and closed the door violently. "What's wrong with her?" Asked the second oldest. "Umm..from my point of view..your best friend is jealous." Said Hwasa smiling. "Over me?" The Maknae shook her head and pointed to her own best friend.

"Wheein?"

"Unnie stop being oblivious for a second! This is so frustrating oh my god" Complained Hwasa.

Wheein looked at Hwasa giving her a "you're delusional" look but the latter didn't pay attention to that. Instead she proceeded to explain to Moonbyul how Solar herself doesn't realize that she's jealous.

"Wheein! I think you need to go and talk to Unnie..She's probably not feeling so well and waiting for you.." Said the wise maknae and Wheein got up heading to Yong Sun's and Hwasa's room. She knocked twice before she opens the door and walks in to find her Girl Crush..or maybe a little more than that..or much more..sitting on her bed playing with her phone. The tiny girl sat next to Yong Sun asking her what she's playing. No response. "She'll love it if I use some aegyo.." Thought Wheein to herself before getting off the bed, kneeling down, looking up at Solar and with puppy eyes she says "Unnie-ah! Puppy Wheein wants your attention!! Unniiiiiiiiie!" Yong Sun was now looking at Wheein not able to hold back a smile. "You're so adorable, puppy..do that lalalalala thing for me" The leader said and the tiny girl happily obeyed.

 

Hwasa could hear Solar's laughter from the living room. Moonbyul asked the Maknae to tell her everything.

"Now unnie tell me..what's wrong?" Asked Wheein innocently. "To be honest I don't even know.." Said Solar all serious. She was looking down now. The older girl was confused with everything including her reaction earlier. "Let's go eat. I'm still hungry." Said Yong Sun as she got off bed. She held Wheein's hand and dragged her outside. The other two girls stopped talking and looked at them all smiles. "I'm sorry." The leader said sitting down. "Let's continue eating." Hwasa and Moonbyul chuckled. "This food is so delicious, unnie..thank you" Wheein commented in a cute voice as she gave a cheeky smile to Solar. The latter looked the most satisfied.

 

"Wheein-ah! Wear that cute dress that I love later to bed." Teased Moonbyul just to get a reaction from the oldest. She saw how her smile disappeared and how she started stiffing with rice. Hwasa recognized Byul's game and decided to join "The one piece pajamas?" "Yep..Wheein-ah..tonight you're mine.." Added Byul with a really cute smile. Solar choked and they all looked at her, worried. Wheein ran to the kitchen and got some water for her choking crush.

"What's wrong unnie?" Hwasa asked even though she knew exactly what was wrong.

"This rice is weirdly dry." Commented Solar as she regained her breath. Wheein took the oldest's hand between her hands, squeezing them a little, she said "Please be careful from now on, unnie." And it was possible to see the pink color creep around Solar's cheeks as she smiled warmly.

Hwasa cleared saying that they have plenty rooms if the girls needed some privacy, winning herself a slap on the arm from her best friend.

 

That night, when everyone went to their beds. When the lights were off and each girl's companion was her thoughts, Wheein kept thinking about what her best friend said about Solar's weird actions. Since that day in the amusement park, Wheein avoided bringing up her going missing night especially that her Girl Crush was acting like she always does. She avoided the possibility of actually ruining their friendship.

 

Yong Sun was rolling in bed. She kept thinking about the picture of "WheeByul". That feeling of uneasiness haunting her thinking about the possibility of something going on between the two. Then she thinks about Wheein coming to her room. She think about Wheein acting cute to cheer her up and Wheein. Yong Sun doesn't understand. This feeling is new to her. The feeling of wanting someone's entire attention. The feeling of wanting someone.

 


A/N: I'm not fully satisfied with this chapter so I'm sorry if it .