003

DW 0.5

note: thank you so much for people who has subscribe this story. Please do leave your comments too, because I love to read any feedback.. :)

Ever since that day Minwoo came to the riverbank everyday, hoping that she would stop by. Little Eric came to this place to play with Gomdori once in a while. Gomdori was still trauma from the fell, it never went near the water.
 
It's been 2 weeks since the last day he met her. Minwoo haven't seen her again. He went home sighing.
When he reached home and entered the front door, Minwoo heard his mom talking to her phone.
"What, your friend lost his house because of fire? Poor fella.."
"yeah, sure.. sure.. he and his son could stay with us. I bet Minwoo won't mind."
"Mind what?" Minwoo butted in.
"Oh Minwoo, you are home? Your father's friend's house has just burned down. He and his son got no place to stay right now. Your father asked me whether it is OK to let them stay in our house for a while. What do you think?"
"We have to help them, mom. Besides we still have one empty room right?"
"I know you would agree. I'm so proud of you~" Minwoo's mom kissed him in the cheek.
"Stop that!" Minwoo protested feeling embarrassed by the kiss.
"Ok, honey, your friend can stay with us. When they are going to moved in? Tonight?"
"Ok, i'll have Minwoo to help me clean the room. Ok, bye.. love you."
"Now, Minwoo, lets clean the room."
 
Minwoo's family has one extra room for guest, inside also has bathroom. Minwoo often use it when his mother use the common bathroom for too long. 
Minwoo and his mom started cleaning the extra room. Not much to do though, as his mom always keep the entire house clean.
Half an hour later the room was managed to be cleaned and added with necessities; new bed sheet, towel, etc . After Minwoo had cleaned himself, his father came home with 2 other people, one was a guy as old as his father the other one was a boy, he looked like he's the same age as Minwoo. The boy's expression were empty but he tried to smile as he entered the house. 
Minwoo's father introduced the guests to him and his mother. "This is Mr. Kim and his son. They will be staying with us until they find a new house."
"Nice to meet you. Our insurance promise to settle our claim in 2 months, until then we are going to trouble you." Mr. Kim said.
"No, you won't be bothering us. Please make yourself at home. Minwoo, please greet uncle Kim." Minwoo's mother replied.
"Welcome, uncle. Please make yourself at home." Minwoo shake Mr. Kim's hand.
"Dongwan, please introduce yourself." Dongwan was still deep in his own thought, when his father ask him to introduce himself. Thinking that all the memories with his late mom has lost along with his house.
"Ah, I'm sorry.. my name is Dongwan, Mrs. Lee. Thank you very much for your hospitality. And.."
Dongwan was surprised to see Minwoo. His eyes were double his normal size.
Remember, he doesn't know you.. he knows Donna. Dongwan tried to calm himself.
"Nice to meet you, Minwoo. I think I'll be bothering you a lot starting now." Dongwan said nervously afraid that Minwoo would recognize him.
"That's ok." Minwoo grinned widely.
"How old are you, Dongwan?" Minwoo's mom asked.
"16."
"Oh, you are as old as Minwoo. Minwoo please be kind to him, ok!?"
"OK, mom. Mr. Kim, let me and Dongwan take your bag to your room if you want to continue talking with mom and dad." offered Minwoo.
"Thank you, Minwoo." Mr. Kim replied, handed him his bag.
Minwoo grabbed Mr. Kim's bag with his left hand and his other hand grabbed Dongwan.
Dongwan started panicking, did Minwoo recognize him!?
Dongwan timidly followed Minwoo.
They has now entered the room. Dongwan stopped once he inside the room, preventing the other party to close the door.
Minwoo has put Mr. Kim's belonging inside a wardrobe and now he's walking towards Dongwan.
"Do you need help with your bag?" Minwoo asked.
"N-no, I can do it myself"
Dongwan ran to the wardrobe and put his backpack down.
"Is that all? Do you have any other thing?" Minwoo asked.
Dongwan shook his head. "No, these are the only things left."
"Please don't be sad, my friend. If you need anything just ask me, OK?" Minwoo pat both Dongwan's shoulder.
"Come to think of it you still use your uniform"
"Yes, I just notice that the whole house was gone when I return home. This is the only clothes I have left."
"Don't worry I'll give you some of mine. I see our height is not that different. It'll fit on you."
Then, Minwoo took Dongwan around the room, explaining the bathroom (it has hot water in it) and how he has put towels and extra soap and shampoo there.
Minwoo then excused himself to pick up some clothes for Dongwan. He returned with huge pile of clothes and pants. 
"Sorry, these were last season's"
"It's OK. I don't really follow the latest trends. Thank you so much, Minwoo." 
Dongwan couldn't feel anymore grateful than this. Dongwan gave him his genuine smile.
Minwoo felt relieve to see his new friend's smile.
"Lets be friend from now on."
-----
 
"Dad, do you remember when I told you I fell to the river?"

Dongwan told him everything when he and his father finally set into Minwoo's family's additional room.