tired of trying to hold on

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Heeyoung pressed the doorbell to the white grand house with Haejin sleeps peacefully in one arm. The door creaked open as her mother’s face came into her sight, the wide smile grew on her face as saw the baby shifted a bit.

 

“I thought you’re not going to make it,” Mrs. Jang opened the door wider, “come in, it’s cold outside.”

 

The young mother nodded and went into the house, her old house that she misses the most. Heeyoung handed Haejin to his grandmother while she changed her shoes into a pair of slippers she never used again after she got married to Jaewon. Oh how she missed this house so much.

“Dad,” she spotted her father reading newspaper on his leather chair as soon as she gets in to the living room.

Mr. Jang put down his daily newspaper and smiling softly to his daughter, “You’re here,” he got up from his seat and stretched out his arms. Heeyoung knew very well her father wanted a hug, it’s been weeks since the last time she met her father.

 

She walked over and crashed herself in her father’s warm hug, wrapping her arms around his waist and rest her face on his chest, “I really miss you.” 

Tears started b in her eyes and some of them started to falls on her cheeks and his father’s clothes. 

 

Mr. Jang chuckled softly and gave pats on her back, “I miss you too, honey, very much.”

 

Heeyoung smiled and pulled back from the hug as she looked up to her father, “How are you dad?”

“I’m really fine, are you alone? Where’s Jaewon?”

The young woman smiled turned soft as she shook her head, “He’s having a business trip to Tokyo until tomorrow.”

“It’s such a shame he can’t make it on his son’s 100th days,” Mr. Jang flatly said while Heeyoung just looked at him lovingly.

 

“Heeyoung-ah!” here came the annoying high-pitched voice, she playfully rolled her eyes and turned to the stairs where her older sister ran down excitedly. She slung her arms around the younger woman and hugged her like there was no tomorrow.

 

“I miss you sister!”

 

“Get off woman,” Heeyoung slapped her arms away from herself but then laughed, “I miss you too, how’s life?”

 

Her sister pulled away and smiled widely, “It’s wonderful! Lu Han and Seunghee are upstairs, jet lags. We just arrived yesterday night, the plane ride was too long from Beijing to Seoul,” she pouted but then its replaced by a smile, “So…where’s our star for today?”

 

She looked around and finally spotted Haejin in their mother’s arms, “My baby nephew!”

Heeyoung shook her head at the sight of her sister’s immature side, Jinhee maybe older than her but she is the immature one in the house.

“He will wake up in no time, it’s been two hours since he sleeps. Please, don’t bother him,” she informed.

 

Jinhee frowned at her sister with a deflated shoulder, “but I just want to poke his cheeks,” she whined and sat beside their mother, who busy admiring Haejin as she his cheeks. 

Heeyoung joined them in and sat on the other empty space beside Mrs. Jang.

“He’s so adorable,” her mother whispered in amazement before she turned to the younger daughter, “he takes after you a lot.”

“He’s like the exact copy of you, besides his eyebrows and lips,” Jinhee butted in as she observed the little boy in their mother’s arms.

 

Haejin’s eyes fluttered open as a small cry came out from his lips, “look who’s awake,” the small cry turned to a bigger one as now the baby boy cried loudly.

The whole family laughed and cooed at how cute Haejin when he is crying. Heeyoung glad she was born in this happy family, oh how she didn’t want the day ended.

 

 

 

It was late at night when Heeyoung and Haejin arrived back at their house. The dinner was amazing, her parents pampered over Ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter