change yours

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jeju-do’s fresh air greeted Jaewon as soon as he went out the terminal while pulling a suitcase with him. He breathe in the air as a small smile formed on his lips, “like the old times.”

 

“Jaewon-ah,”

A voice called for him, making the man turned immediately as he spotted a very familiar woman. Jaewon ran to her like a little child and immediately pulled her into his embrace.

 

“I miss you,” he whispered softly, earning chuckles from the woman.

 

“When was the last time we meet? One year ago? No, is it two years?”

 

Jaewon pulled away from the hug, lips stretched from ear to ear, “Two years mom. How are you?”

“I’m fine, how about you? Are you doing well these days?” she caressed his hair lovingly, “I love your hair color.”

He scoffed playfully and slung an arm around her, “How about we talk in your restaurant? I’m hungry.”

There goes the childish Jaewon every time he met his mother. His parents separated since he was a little, Jaewon had to go with his father to Seoul while his mother went to live in Jeju. He always knew his parents’ marriage was just like his, an arranged marriage one. And when it finally ended up with separation, Jaewon can’t do nothing to mend up his broken family, after all he was still five at that time.

Jaewon’s mother, Mrs. Lee pulled open the trunk as Jaewon put in his luggage inside and closed it after.

“Let me drive.” 

His mother gladly gave the car key to him then walked over to the passenger seat while Jaewon slipped in to the driver’s seat and started the engine before the two of them drove away to his mother’s restaurant, which was located not that far from the airport.

 

“Why didn’t you bring Heeyoung and your son? Oh, what’s his name again?”

 

“Haejin, mom,” Jaewon let out a light chuckles, “I can’t take them, I’m here for work.”

 

He can hear his mother clicked her tongue, “They can stay with me while you work, don’t be such a workaholic. You’re starting to act like your father…” her words trailed off at the end.

Jaewon can’t help but to feel guilty when he heard her words, “Mom?” he called for her. Hearing no answer, he took a glance at now the sulking middle-age woman beside him, “Mom, are you mad at me?”

“Nah, forget that. What do you want to eat now? I will make it when we arrive later,” she asked her son.

A smile grew on his face as he tried to think of his mother’s foods, “How about crab stew? I heard the seafood here is really delicious.”

“Of course! I order the seafood right from the fisherman, I will make a crab stew then!” she beamed like a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter