for haejin

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Heeyoung!” her mother greeted as soon as she opened the door to her house.

The young mother smiled softly as she handed Haejin to her mother, “I’m sorry to bother you early in the morning mom.”

“No, it’s alright honey,” the older woman said as she hugged the sleeping Haejin in her arms, “how’s Jaewon’s condition?”

Heeyoung nodded once, “he’s fine, I guess…I’m sorry I have to drop him here, I can’t bring him to the hospital.”

Mrs. Jang nodded in understand, “Hospital is bad for babies since their immunes aren’t that strong, besides we needs him in the house,” she laughed and stretched one arm out to take the baby bag from her daughter, “I will take care of him well.”

“Thanks mom,” Heeyoung kissed her cheek once and pecked her son’s forehead before she bid goodbye to her mother.

 

Last night she got call from Minho that Jaewon got admitted to hospital, he said her soon-to-be ex-husband fainted when they were on their way home.

According to the doctor, Jaewon ate too much instant foods, junk foods as well as noodles. Well, he was kind of lazy to cook, she knew it well. But he can at least buy foods from restaurants instead eating the instant foods, and it was for a whole week. Heeyoung promised Minho to come in the morning since she believed, he got some works to do too in the company.

           

Arriving at the hospital, Heeyoung hurriedly went to the elevator and got up to the eighth floor, where the VIP wards were located, since Jaewon’s family partially owned the hospital. She flashed the security her ID card and went to Jaewon’s room immediately, which Minho already informed her the night before. She slides the white door open as she saw Jaewon still asleep on the hospital bed.

 

“You’re here,”

The deep voice greeted her as Heeyoung turned to the sofa, only to see the sleepy looking Minho rubbing his eyes.

 

“Did you bring his clothes over?”

 

The man nodded, “of course, the doctor said he needs to stay for three more days. This jerk.”

 

The young woman chuckled lightly, “Don’t be like that, he’s your boss.”

 

“But he’s my friend too, he worried me,” Minho raked his jet black hair with his fingers as he let out a big heavy sigh.

 

“Thanks for accompanying him for the night, I will be here until you’re done with you works,” she smiled softly and patted his shoulder, “go home and wash up, you need that.”

 

Minho nodded and thanked her before he went home to prepare himself for work.

 

Heeyoung sat down on the chair next to the bed as she looked at the lying man on the hospital bed. It wasn’t that long since she saw him the last time and he already changed, his cheekbones now protruding, and he looked really pale. The eye bags can be seen clearly, it looked like he spent his night awake, probably working on his work papers.

“Why are you so thin now?” she stared at his small wrist and heaved a sigh before gripping his hand with hers, “did you eat properly at home? I know you can’t cook any dishes but that doesn’t mean you can’t order any take-away, please don’t worry me like this,” she ran her thumb on the back of his hand.

 

The sudden movement from his hand startled her as Heeyoung immediately put down his hand on the bed and stood up from the chair. Jaewon slowly opened his eyes and finally awake. For a few seconds he only stared at the white ceiling above her before he finally turned his head to face her. She awkwardly stood there, a small relief smile plastered on her face.

 

“You woke up?”

 

“Am I in a hospital?” He sounded so tired, his voice even cracked. 

 

Heeyoung nodded, “I will call the doctor then,” she was ready to walk out from the room when a hand gripped on her wrist.

 

“Stay here,” the tired voice said.

 

She slowly turned around as she saw Jaewon held her arm, “But Jaewon, the doctor—”

 

“There is a thing called nurse button there,” he nodded at the bed side, where the button can be seen.

 

“Ah right,” she peeled his hand off of her arm as she reached out her hand to press the button.

 

“Why don’t you sit down?” he asked, still with his thin voice.

 

Heeyoung only do what he said, not answering with words. The awkward silence filled in the room as the two of them waited for the nurse to come.

“How are you?” he asked so suddenly, breaking the ice in between them.

“I’m doing fine,” she muttered softly, “I don’t need to ask you the same thing because I know you’re not fine today.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter