starting a new

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After a long road from Gwangju to Seoul, Heeyoung finally arrived back at the house she used to live in for the past four years.

“We’ve arrived,” she announced cheerfully while turning around to the back seat, where Haejin sat as he started to whines. The woman chuckled and unbuckled her seatbelt before getting out from the car and headed to the back seat to pick her son up.

“You must be tired,” Heeyoung leaned his small body on her shoulder as she patted his back softly while her other hand grabbed the baby bag and slung it on her right shoulder. “Remind me to move the other things later,” she muttered to herself before she closed the car’s door softly. Haejin stopped whining as he leaned his head on her shoulder.

She punched in the old passcode to the house as it clicked open, Jaewon haven't change the passcode.

 

“Heeyoung, is that you?” the manly voice from inside greeted as soon as she stepped into the house. Sounds of footsteps approached as Jaewon came into her sight, still with his bed hair.

 

“Just waking up, I guess?”

 

The woman chuckled and swapped her shoes with her slippers before walking into the living room. Jaewon only smiled softly as he stretched out his arms to take the little boy from her, “Come here, Haejin-ah.” He carried Haejin with him as both Heeyoung and Jaewon took a seat on the couch.

Jaewon lifted Haejin to the air before he planted kisses all-over his face, which earning squeals from the baby. “Why are you being so cute early in the morning?” he playfully rubbed his nose together with Haejin’s, making him giggled even more.

 

“Have you eat?” she asked.

 

Jaewon turned his head to her as a sheepish smile appeared on his face, “not yet.”

 

“Let me cook something so that you can eat.”

 

With a small nod from him, Heeyoung got up from her seat and went over to the kitchen to cook for breakfast. She can hear Haejin continuous giggles along with Jaewon light chuckles as the edges of her lips tugged upwards. Heeyoung was genuinely happy with the changed situation, even though it was not more than a day, Jaewon showed many changes in him and it made her really happy.

Heeyoung opened the fridge and saw it was already full-packed with ingredients and some drinks and snacks as well, she pulled out some vegetables along with chicken to make a porridge for Jaewon, since his doctor said he can’t eat hard foods for a week.

Around fifteen minutes later, Heeyoung came out from the kitchen with a bowl of porridge for Jaewon on a tray as she put it on the dining table. She then made her way to the living room only to see the TV turned but set in low volume. The man on the couch turned his head to her direction as he heard footsteps nearing, “He fell asleep.”

Heeyoung shifted her attention to her son who was sleeping peacefully as he leaned himself on his father’s body. “I should’ve bring the small bed from the car earlier,” she muttered to herself but then turned to her husband again, “I will take his bed from my car for a while.” Before Heeyoung could turn around and go away, Jaewon held on her wrist as he carefully lifted Haejin up while getting up from his seat.

 

“I will take care of the bed. Give me your car key.”

 

“But Jaewon—”

 

“No buts, give me your car key,” he stretched one hand out as Heeyoung sighed softly but obeyed anyway. She rummaged through her jeans’ pocket and pulled out her car key then gave it to him. “Now you hold Haejin while I settle your luggage,” he handed Haejin swiftly to her then ran a little to the front door and left it open as Heeyoung followed behind and watche

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter