disappointment

Serendipity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Heeyoung carried her three months old son in her arms as she patted his back softly, burping him after he had his milk just now. She walked over to the balcony in her room and enjoyed the view of sunrise from there. It was still six in the morning when Haejin awake, wailing with all his might and Heeyoung knew well what was that means.

 

“Look baby that is sun,” she pointed to the sky, making the little boy turned his head around to where she pointed at, “it’s beautiful, isn’t it?”

 

Giggles came from her son, making her giggled along with him. Heeyoung continuously patted his back until he finally burped. She immediately went inside and put him on the bed, covering the now sleepy boy with his blanket as she lied on his side, rubbing the baby’s stomach softly. Heeyoung always did that when Haejin wants to sleep, which has been a habit for him to get his mother’s loving touch to lull him to sleep.

After making sure that Haejin already fell asleep, Heeyoung got up from the bed and went to the bathroom to wash up and changed her clothes. Heeyoung put the pillows around her son and once again she made sure that Haejin won’t wake up in anytime soon, she then went out from the room quietly and walked over to the kitchen to make some breakfasts for her husband.

She actually wasn’t in a good term with him ever since they were married three years ago. It was all thanks to the arranged marriage their parents set on them. Heeyoung clearly declared that she didn’t hate him at the first time they met, but his silent treatment towards her really makes her annoyed. Still, she didn’t hate him.

They sleep separately, doing things on their own except for Heeyoung making him foods to eat for breakfast and dinner. Since Jaewon won’t be home for lunch and would be back before midnight, she would just put the dinner in the fridge and pasted a note for him to reheat it when he is hungry. He never cared for her either, even when they passed each other he would just nodded at her greetings then went off to do their own things.

Three years passed just like that, their parents always and almost every day forced them to have a kid since they were married for a long time. They said they wanted a grandchild as soon as possible. It felt empty without child around, they added. Jaewon and Heeyoung talked about the topic for a long time and finally decided to fulfill their roles as a married couple about a year later, after a very long and soulless discussion.

Heeyoung gave birth to Haejin without her husband around, since he was in Japan for a whole month business trip, her mother replaced his place instead and companied her for twelve hours long painful labor. He didn’t even call or message her to ask how she was doing, or at least he can ask about their son. But no, he didn’t. Jaewon didn’t even gave a suggestion for his name, Heeyoung was the one who gave him a name.

Having Haejin was the best, the house felt much merrier with him around. Heeyoung finally knew how hard it was to be a mother, for the first month she needs to feeds Haejin once every two hours, and it was really tiring. She needs to wake up in the mid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter