Quality Time

Pure Joy

Eun Gi's sleepy eyes fluttered as the morning light hit her face. To her delight, the first thing she saw was the handsome face of her husband. He looked so peaceful while sleeping, something he rightfully deserves after all the hurdles he's been through in his life. Eun Gi was tempted to kiss her husband but she thought that he might wake him up. He needed his sleep after last night's, um, activities. She blushed at the memory. Even after three years of marriage their chemistry is still burning.

She carefully stretched her aching body and rose from the bed. She managed to retrieve Maroo's shirt from the floor before tip toeing to the other end of the room. Eun Gi took her mobile phone to check the time. It was already 7 in the morning, her twins are surely awake by this time. She glanced at the sleeping form of her husband before going to the porch and dialed Choco's number.

"Yoboseyo? Unnie?" Choco answered

"Hi Choco, sorry if I called so early. I just wanted to check on the twins. I hope they are not giving you a hard time."

"Not at all unnie! They're incredibly behave. They're so adorable. Always smiling. They don't cry unless they are hunrgy, wet or away from each other."

The two ladies were having a pleasant conversation about the babies. Eun Gi was so immersed into the conversation that she did not notice Maroo nearing her. She suddenly gasped in surprise when she felt two warm arms wrapping her waist from behind and a chin on her shoulder.

"Unnie? Still there?" Choco called out

"Good morning Choco" Maroo greeted with his sleepy voice

"Ah, good morning oppa. By the tone of your voice it seems you had a very tiring night" Choco teased

"You bet. How's everything there? I hope our twins are not keeping you up at night"

"Nope, just like what I told unnie, the babies are incredibly behave. We are managing it very well, you don't have to worry a thing"

"That's great to know. We owe you a good dinner when we get back"

"Sure thing oppa. Well, I'll leave you two now. Enjoy the rest of your vacation! Bye unnie!"

"Bye Choco, see you soon!" Eun Gi hanged up and turned to her husband. She wrapped her arms around Maroo's neck, "Good morning" she smiled at him lovingly. "Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

"Not much, because my wife kept on fussing around." Maroo grinned which made Eun Gi pout. "Ya, I wasn't fussing around!" She pinched her husband's cheeks. "Alright alright I was only kidding." Maroo enveloped his wife in a warm embrace. "Last night was fantastic. Thank you" he whispered to her ears and Eun Gi tightened her hold around Maroo.

***

"What do you want to do today?" Maroo asked Eun Gi as they were having their breakfast in the hotel porch.

"Maybe we could go to the market to buy some souvenirs, then we'll see there what else we could do."

"Okay your call since you granted my wish yesterday" Maroo winked at Eun Gi who chuckled in response. 

The market place was full of people as it was a Sunday. Maroo held Eungi close to him while looking at the displays. Through these small gestures Eun Gi could feel that she was very much loved by her husband. He may not be the vocal type of guy but he sure does make up for it through his actions. She smiled to herself and moved closer to her husband.

The store owners, like the food stall ahjumma, would mistake them as a newly wed couple, to which they use as an advantage to get discounts. Hours later their hands are full with shopping bags. They stopped at a local restaurant for lunch. 

The couple was enjoying their meals when Eun Gi saw from the glass window that a group of men and women parked their motorcycles in front of the restaurant. 

"Maroo..." 

Maroo looked at his wife who has her eyes fixed on the window.

"I suddenly miss riding the motorbike. Remember it was my hobby before we met?"

"Yes, I remember very well" Maroo cringed at the thought of their second encounter. As much as he'd like to reminisce only the good memories of their past, the bitter ones would always linger. 

"I want to experience it again" Eun Gi can' take off her eyes from the motorbikes.

"What? Going into an accident due to your risky hobby?" Maroo teased.

"Ya! Of course not. That was only one time!"

"Seo Eun Gi, I can't risk my wife and the mother of my children get into an accident just because of her 'hobby'" Maroo said sternly, as if disciplining a child. Eun Gi could only pout, of course her husband wins the argument, like aways. 

Maroo silently hoped that their children won't inherit Eun Gi's pout because it easily disarms him. "Come on, finish your meal and we'll do something fun."

After leaving the shopping bags at the hotel Maroo brought Eun Gi to the sea side.

"Wait here, I'll just get something" Eun Gi nodded and sat on the bench. She wondered what her husband is into. A few moments later Maroo arrived with two bicycles on each hand. 

"I won't allow you to ride the motorbike, but I guess riding a bicycle won't hurt." He flashed his boyish smile at Eun Gi. 

"You're unbelievable!" Eun Gi chuckled at the surprise. 

"No, I'm just trying to be a good husband"

The couple spent the rest of the afternoon biking, basking in the beautiful scenery and sharing laughters. Their last stop was at a view deck where they watched the sun set while leisurely sitting on a bench. 

"We should do this more often" Maroo rested his chin on Eun Gi's head.

"I love the idea. When the kids are older we can go to more places, abroad perhaps? How about Aomori?"

"Wherever you like my dear" he kissed Eun Gi's hair.

Later that evening they finally reached their house where Jae Gil and Choco stayed in for the weekend.

"Welcome back imma! You should have extended your vacation, we've just begun enjoying the twins" Jae Gil greeted the couple. 

"As much as we'd love to, we can't stay away from our kids for a long time." Maroo approached Jae Gil to take the fussing Chae Woo. Eun Gi likewise turned to Chae Mi who was enjoying her bottled milk. The twins suddenly became ecstatic at the presence of their parents.

"My gosh, you've grown since the last time I saw you!" Maroo cooed as he raised his son. 

"Which was one day ago." Eun Gi commented with a smile followed by kissing her daughter's chubby cheeks. Chae Mi was playing with the collar of Eun Gi's blouse, the babies really missed their parents. 

"Thank you so much to the both of you. Next time you can drop off your daughter in our place and go on a vacation together. You need to keep up with us, look we already had two kids in one go!" Maroo the teased couple. 

"You know that's a good idea. We should schedule it soon, right yobo?" Jae Gil placed an arm around Choco which earned a laughter in the room.

***

Back in their room, the twins can't seem to contain their happiness at being with their parents. The four were playing on the couple's bed where Maroo would make funny faces that would bring the twins to shrieks and laughters. 

Eun Gi noticed that it was already 10 o'clock in the evening and the babies should be put to sleep. "Okay, okay, uri Chae Woo and Chae Mi need to sleep now so they can grow up strong and healthy!" Eun Gi scooped Chae Woo in her arms, but as if understanding what his mother said his face started to frown until he cries and wails. Sensing her brother's sadness Chae Mi cries as well. Maroo picked up his daughter, "Don't cry my princess, it's okay, it's okay". 

"There will come a point when we should be firm on our decisions even if causes them to cry. It's a way of disciplining the kids" Eun Gi said as she rocked her crying son. It's clear that the twins have Maroo wrapped around their little fingers, thus would give in to anything that they want. But not in Eun Gi's case, being raised by her disciplinarian father, she still acknowledges the importance of not spoiling her kids.

"Come on Eun Gi, they're merely seven months old! It's their nature to cry whenever they sense something unpleasant." Maroo reasoned out while still calming Chae Mi. 

"I know, sorry, I just do not want them to grow up spoiled." Eun Gi placed a kiss on her son's thin hair. 

"It's okay, I understand where you're coming from." 

Soon after the twins calmed down and fell to sleep. At seven months they still share a crib because they can't be away from each other, and for that their parents are very happy. 

"You know I've been noticing lately that as our children grow they look more like you." Eun Gi said as they watched their twins sleep. Maroo chuckled and smiled with pride. 

"Do you think so? Well I do get that comment at times too. But they also resemble you in many ways. Look at how they sleep, their parted lips and their arms streched up. I think that view is very much familiar." Eun Gi glared at her husband. 

"So you're saying that I sleep like a baby?" 

"No, I'm saying that your sleeping habits are unique." he wrapped his arms around her waist. "And I love it to bits" he whispered to her ear and pecked her on the cheek.

"You have to be thankful that I love you. I'll let you get away this time." Eun Gi said in a fake threatening tone. Maroo placed his hands on both side of Eun Gi's face and leaned in so close that their brows and noses touch.

"And I love you too." 

************

There goes another chapter! Thank you for all the comments, I hope you liked this one.

Thanks for your suggestion chingu @Sievmey_Affxtion, I hope it's okay that I the couple didn't really race using a motorbike. XD

Let me know your thoughts, and of course, suggestions are most welcome! :D

Have a great week ahead!