A Vacation

Pure Joy

"Do you have everything with you?"

"Yes unnie!"

"Make sure that they are fed every three hours. Check their diapers every hour. Uri Chae Woo needs more diaper change than Chae Mi. And oh, always keep their stuffed toys beside them in the crib. It's their habit to cuddle onto them when sleeping. I stored enough milk in the chiller. Please warm them, but not too warm." Eun Gi was busy double checking the baby bag while reminding her sister-in-law of the things that the twins would need. Maroo could only smirk and run his hand over his hair. 

Choco took the bag from Eun Gi and placed it on the table. "Unnie, you do not have to worry anything and just enjoy your date!" 

"Sorry, it's just that, it's my first time to be away from my babies for a long time." Eun Gi sighed in defeat and looked at her husband. 

Maroo wrapped an arm around his wife's shoulder. "Eun Gi-ah, we've talked about this so many times. We'll only be away for two days, nothing bad is going to happen to our babies. But if you're really worried, we can just postpone our vacation." 

Eun Gi shook her head "No, you're right. We've been planning this for quite a while now, and we really need this time together. I trust that Choco and Jae Gil will take good care of the twins.  I'm just being a paranoid, sorry about that."

Parenthood is taking most of their time, thus the couple have little time for themselves. And now that they are marking the third year of their marriage, Maroo finally convinced Eun Gi to go on a vacation without the babies.   

The couple gave their sleeping twins a final kiss before they headed for the car. 

"Ya imma, make sure to give these kids another sibling when you get back!" Jae Gil teased, which earned a glare from Eun Gi and a response from Maroo, "We'll do our best!". 

---

The cool wind and morning sunlight kissed Eun Gi's skin. They passed by the beautiful landscapes as they made way to their destination. Her eyesight was fixed on the horizon but her mind was elsewhere.

"Chagiya? Eun Gi-ya?" Maroo called out to his wife. 

"Uh, yes?" she now turned to look at his husband who was occupied driving. 

"Can I ask you a favor? Stop worrying and enjoy the moment. " Maroo knew Eun Gi too well. 

"Okay, I will. It just hit me, the last time we went on a vacation together was before I got pregnant with the twins. It's been a really long time."

"Was it that long? Geez, so we really have to make up for it." Maroo grinned and looked at his wife. 

"Seo Eun Gi, prepare yourself. We won't be sleeping for the next two days." Maroo remarked teasingly and both of them burst into laughter. 

They finally arrived at the place which held a special memory in their story. It was where they had their first date, that is, where Maroo 'kidnapped' her from their house and brought her here. The couple chose this place as they decided that it would be good to add more special memories here. 

"Woah, it's been ages since I comfortably laid on a bed." Eun Gi dived into the big bed and rolled like a child. Maroo chuckled and decided to join his wife. He captured her in an embrace and rolled on top of her. Their faces were so close that their noses touched and they could feel each other's warm breath. 

"Eun Gi-ah" Maroo said in his low husky voice.

"Maroo-ya" She called in return. She closed her eyes in anticipation for Maroo's lips on hers. But to her dismay Maroo's lips landed on her forehead.

"I bet you're hungry. Want to eat some fish cakes down the road?" Maroo smirked at her and lifted his self from the bed. 

"Ya Kang Maroo! What was that? Teasing me and all?!" Eun Gi yelped at her husband as she stood from pushed Maroo. 

Maroo loved every aspect of Eun Gi, including her being furious and childish at times. He wrapped his arms around Eun Gi and rubbed her back to calm her. When he felt her relax under his arms, he kissed her hair followed by her forehead and lips.

"Sorry I just enjoy teasing you. We have all night to enjoy each other, let's just fill up our stomachs first." 

The couple found a nearby food stall and fed themselves with fish cakes, and teoppoki. Like sweet young couples, they would feed each other and even wipe the sauce on their lips. 

"Aigoo, young love it is. Are you two on your honeymoon?" the ahjumma at the food stall asked the couple. 

"Thank you ahjumma. Actually we are celebrating our third wedding anniversary." Maroo placed an arm around Eun Gi's waist.

"Oh really? Well you two do really look young, and very much in love! You will surely have beautiful babies!" the ahjumma happily commented. The couple smiled at each other lovingly.

"We already have babies, in fact they are twins."  Eun Gi showed her phone to the lady where she kept a picture of the babies on her wallpaper. 

"Aigoo such beautiful babies. Alright, I will give you complimentary meals as a gift for your anniversary!" 

"Thank you very much!" The couple clapped together as they indulged themselves into a delicious meal. 

---

Hand in hand the couple walked along the path where silver grasses adorned the view. 

"Sometimes I wonder, what if we had not met in that airplane all those years ago? Where would we be now? Would I still be the ruthless Seo Eun Gi who knows no mercy and only loves Tae San? Would you still be a doctor and end up with another woman?" 

Maroo stopped and turned to Eun Gi. He placed his hands on both her shoulders and looked deep into her eyes.

"Even if things were different I know that circumstances would still bring us together. In this life, you and I are destined for each other, nothing will ever change that. Not even our past." 

Deeply moved by her husband's words, Eun Gi slowly pulled Maroo into a kiss. He was right, even if their past was different, they would still cross paths and be together. 

"I love it when you become so cheesy. It makes me fall for your more and more." Eun Gi whispered to Maroo.

"I'm glad to know I have that effect on you. So, shall we go back to our cabin? It's getting cold here". He whispered back in a rather seductive manner. Eun Gi eyed at him knowingly and held out his hand making way to their inn. 

In a swift, they were back in their room where they could have all the privacy that they want. 

Once the door was closed and locked, Maroo pulled Eun Gi closer to him by the waist.

"You know, I missed those times when we have the house all for ourselves, not worrying if we would disrupt a baby's sleep." Maroo traced slowly Eun Gi's face with his lips. She sighed in content as she rested her hands on his chest.

"I must confess that I miss it too." She whispered before Maroo captured her lips into a passionate kiss. 

Things happened after the other and they found themselves on the bed in a mix of tangled limbs and discarded clothes on the floor. Their intimacy for the past months since the birth of their children had been quite discreet, and often short as they only steal opportunities when the twins are asleep. But this time, they made sure to express their longing for each other in the most explicit way they can. 

Lying sated and contented on the bed, Eun Gi was doodling on Maroo's bare chest.

"What do you say about having another baby?" Eun Gi suddenly brought the topic. Maroo was quite surprised, they haven't thought of adding another member in the family since their twins are just about to turn one. 

"Well, why not? But I hope we could have the baby when the twins are a bit older. We both know how difficult your pregnancy has been, not to mention the amount of attention that a baby needs."

Eun Gi lifted herself with an elbow to look at her husband. "That's true. But what do we do? I forgot to take my shot"

"Ya, Seo Eun Gi, seriously?!" Maroo's face got pale. He might not survive another pregnancy this soon.

Eun Gi chuckled at the reaction of her husband. "I was just kidding, don't worry. I wonder what our twins may be doing now. Let me just check on them." She was about to leave the bed when Maroo got a hold on her wrist.

"Not that I do not care about our children, but I thought we'll have this time for ourselves?" Eun Gi almost laughed with the almost puppy face that her husband gave her. Instead, she went back to his side and gave him a quick kiss. 

"Alright, then what do you suggest we do?" Maroo pretended to think hard.

"Well, we can have our dinner at a local restaurant, walk along the shore and watch some performances at the plaza" he suggested.

"But-" he stopped.

"But what?" Eun Gi raised an eyebrow as if teasing him.

"But I think it'll be best if we just stay here in bed all night" and in a swift Maroo managed to cover them in a blanket as he showered kisses on his beloved wife. 

"Maroo-ya!" Eun Gi shrieked as she surrendered to her husband's demand. 

****

Alright, there goes another chapter that suddenly popped in my head. What do you think?

What do you want them to do on the second day of their vacation? Let me know! ;D