Twinkle Little Stars

Pure Joy

The silence of the night was disrupted with small whimpers that turned into wails. This scenario had been going quite regularly for a month since the twins have arrived in their home. 

"I'll take care of it" Maroo said in his still sleepy voice before getting up from their bed. It has always been the set-up. Maroo and Eun Gi would take turns in getting up in the night to attend to their babies' needs. Having a child is difficult task, what more if there were twins.  

At first, Eun Gi insisted that she attends to their twins at night since Maroo will be waking up early for work. But Maroo argued that Eun Gi has been taking care of them all day and that she needs to rest at night. After a few more discourse they came to a compromise that they would just take turns.

Maroo walked over to the crib where Chae Woo was fussing and woke his sister who was sharing the bed with him. Maroo lifted Chae Woo and checked on his diapers. He was still clean from when he was changed just a few hours ago. 

"Hush now Chae Woo. You will wake up eomma and your sister. You don't want to disturb them right?" Maroo rocked him while phasing back and forth. He also checked on Chae Mi, who to his delight, has gone back to sleep. He smiled seeing how her little girl resembles much like Eun Gi when sleeping. 

Chae Woo suddenly burst out a wail which startled Maroo. "You're hungry, are you? Let me get your milk" Maroo picked up a bottle of milk which was prepared by Eun Gi before going to bed. Producing milk for two babies is hard work but Eun Gi was able to do it with the help of some vitamins and supplements.

Maroo is such a proud husband and father. When things get too tough at the clinic he just reminds himself that he will be with his family in a few hours' time. He would come home with a huge smile on his face and anticipation on hearing the things that the twins did for the day.

Before the twins were born, the couple moved to a bigger house in the town. They knew that their kids would need a backyard and a larger space to run around once they are able to. Maroo remained to work at the clinic while Eun Gi asked a friend from town to run the coffee shop. Life has been peaceful in this small town, far from their toxic life in Seoul.

Maroo opened the bottle cap and fed Chae Woo. In an instant his cries subsided and peace has once again set in their room. Maroo sighed with relief.  After finishing his meal, Maroo repositioned him to help him burp. Everything seemed at peace now.

Maroo walked over to the window too see the midnight sky. "Woah look at those stars Chae Woo! They're twinkling so brightly!" He whisphered to his son.

"When you grow older we'll watch gaze at the stars with your mother and sister, okay? It'll be so fun." Maroo placed a kiss on Chae Woo's chubby cheeks and continued to rock him. Not long after he finally fell asleep. 

"Finally, I could get some sleep myself" he thought to himself. But just when he was about to settle Chae Woo in the crib, Chae Mi took her chance to cry. "Oh my god!" Maroo muttered.

"It's my turn. Now get some sleep." Eun Gi said as she sleepily rose from the bed and placed her hand on his back. 

"Thank you" He gave her a hug and briefly kissed her on the lips.

"We're a team remember? Now let me have my mother-daughter bonding time." Eun Gi winked and patted his arm. 

Maroo slipped into bed and thanked the heavens for his wife. One important thing that they learned since the birth of their twins is that they could do things easier and better if they have teamwork. For now he will succumb into slumber while his wife is singing a lullaby.

***

Gladly my muse is cooperating today and I have time because of the holiday. 😁 

What do you think about this chapter? 😁

And oh, if you have suggestions feel free to let me know! 😀