Ready...Set...

let's play a game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You opened the door and were greeted by an unexpected woman with a black face mask. Not very worried, since Luhan was with you, you opened the door wider.

“Can I help you?”

She wordlessly held a rag up to your mouth and everything went black. As you were fading to unconsciousness, she effortlessly slung you over her shoulder and turned down the hallway.

You awoke several hours later with a massive headache. You were on a thin bed secured halfway up the wall. Peering up from your position, you saw trees and clouds zoom past you. Was it morning already? Trying to make out the characters on the sign in your little section, you saw that you were on a bullet train headed for Shanghai.

Did I just get kidnapped? You pulled out your phone, which was miraculously still on you, because checking it is way more important than escaping from a potential kidnapping in your teenage mind. You saw a new text from Luhan: “Sorry kid, I’m in on it. Don’t give them a hard time and enjoy yourself J”

Rather than anger, you just felt confusion. Looking down, you saw the woman from earlier sitting below you, typing away on a Macbook Air. Leaning over, you tried to plan your escape route when she looked up and smiled.

“Good morning, Xinyuan!”

Completely bewildered, you stammered out a reply, “Uh…m….hello.”

She laughed gently and helped you down to her level. Introducing herself as Sophia, your personal coordinator for Ultimate Survivor, she apologized for earlier. Apparently there was a camera crew behind the door filming my reaction for the show. She assured you everything would be fine, but couldn’t tell you any more details since the storyline of the show depends on our reactions to surprises.

Accepting fate, you decided to at least get some sleep in before arriving in Shanghai. Without a worry in the world, you drifted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter