Close Encounters of the Alpaca Kind

let's play a game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

God, I can’t believe Sehun and Tao just ditched me sleeping in the car like that. Kris grumbled to himself as he dragged the airplane girl along by the elbow. Well, I just have to drop her off at her apartment, and I’ll never have to hear her screaming at me again.

He thought back to when he woke up a few minutes ago to the sound of car doors slamming and Tao giggling.

“Come on, bro, let’s get out of here!!! Kris is gonna flip out when he wakes up!!!” Sehun mischievously called out from across the parking lot, drowning in his own dorky giggles.

Sehun and Tao continued their conversation in the elevator, plotting to get Chae-rin together with their cold-hearted Kris. They spent the rest of the night fantasizing over how much fun they would have messing with Kris once he finally got himself a girlfriend. Of course, Kris never heard any of that and thought they were just lazy.

Lost in worries about how he was going to deal with these two clowns for the next who-knows-how-long, Kris turned the hallway corner and immediately stopped breathing. The front door of the girl’s apartment was swarmed with film crew members. Pivoting on his heel was an instinct for him by now, so he booked it out of there. He couldn’t be seen by those reporters with some random girl. It would ruin his cool-guy image completely!

Getting to his front door, he fumbled with the lock and pushed it open. Looking down at the girl next to him, he hesitated for a moment. He didn't even ever let Tao into his apartment. It’s his private space. And—to be honest—has a lot of embarrassing things he claimed didn’t exist: childhood photos, hundreds of stuffed alpacas, and…well…we’ll talk about that something else later. 

For the sake of his manly image, he turned to the sleepwalking girl and unceremoniously plopped her on the foyer between his apartment and the next. Seriously, how can anyone sleep through all that? Oh well, it’s not like she’s someone important so she’ll be safe from the reporters roaming the halls.

He shut the door to his room and headed for the bathroom. It was time to powder his perfectly chiseled nose, especially if those reporters did figure out where his apartment was.

Settling down on the couch, he started hearing an annoying buzzing sound from outside. He grabbed the nearest stuffed alpacas and covered his ears with them, looking upward at the galaxy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter