Arrival

let's play a game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the traumatic, way-too-long plane ride, you found yourself relaxing in the departure lounge while waiting for your ride. You weren’t signed with a studio yet, but a few agencies were sending reps to meet with you starting the next weekend. Despite being a free agent, you did secure a gig on some new experimental game show. They were looking for lots of foreigners on the show, and you fit their profile and cast vision well as an ethnically Chinese-Korean, American citizen who traveled abroad lots as a child. Excited to start your career, annoyed that you didn’t finish your chemistry homework (and that you still had to graduate in the first place…), and angry at that tool bag on the plane. Who does he think he is?

To be honest, you weren’t all that rich—unfortunately way too middle class for the star-studded lifestyle you wanted. Growing up, you were actually less wealthy than most of your friends so you took great pride in working extra part-time jobs on top of maintaining grades to buy your nice clothes. Your sister owed you for being so shady these past few weeks. She’s had a real job for a few years, so affording this ticket wasn’t a big deal for her. Besides, her boyfriend’s family was really really rich. You were staying in the model apartment of his family’s building, so I guess you’d see if that money was actually worth anything soon. A mischievous smile cracked open on your lips. You turned toward the window and closed your eyes, dreaming of marble floors and city view verandas. Although you were freshly eighteen years old, HGTV really ed up your daydreams, turning you into a middle aged soccer mom when it came to interior design.

The intro instrumental to Heart Attack started ringing out, interrupting your thoughts.

“Wei? Is this Miss Lu Xinyuan?” a soft voice asked in Chinese from the other line.

“Hi, Luhan ge, it’s me! Are you here yet?” You were happy to hear your cousin’s voice. It’s been forever s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter