A Queen Awoken

Born To Serve (The Sliver Mistress)

Deeper into the swamp they traveled only moments from fresh water and a few minutes from the moon's final placement.

Junhong noticed that the Moon had moved twice, as if it being moved forcefully. Everything about tonight was unnatural.

The pull wasn't so strong now but his legs wouldn't stop moving, they did seem to be slowing down. He must of been close to where she was.

From his last vision she was in a open space before the chanting began, which looked like it was easy to find. He felt he should of found her already. Trees-Check, Fresh lake-Check. Why was he in swamp lands alone?

As annoying Kailer and Lillian were he wish they had been with with him, so he could bounce ideas off them to see what stuck. Then again he wanted to as far from Lillian as he could.Her imprint was invasive. Whether she knew it or not but her imprint was leaking her thoughts. 

Sometimes it was private thou only he could hear, and sometimes her thoughts were loud enough for everyone to hear. 

The last time it happened, he pretended he didn't hear anything to spare her embarrassment. Soran on the other hand gave up and told her to shield her thoughts. When she touched him, her touch no matter how gentle would leave a burning sensation behind.

 That often happened when two people are imprinted on other people. His body was rejecting her and soon she would be very aware she's been rejected. She was in denial, using the fact that Junhong's uncertainty with how his imprint to his mistress affects him. Hoping he would turn to her..even in desperation.

The pull disappeared when he stood in front of a cave opening. The kind of cave that looked like it was never touched by human  hands.

The floor was covered in moss and beautiful small purplish blue wild flowers. A 'fairy garden' it was called.
The walls covered in healthy green ivy vines. It all seemed a bit too beautiful, as he walking into a fair's den.

He began wondering if this all had been a trick of some sort, why would they bring him to a fairy den. Was this a set up to engage war with the fae?

Deeper into the beautiful cave he began to hear whispers in archaic language. Against better judgement he followed the voices into the deepest part of the cave, a door from no where slammed behind him. Ensuring he wouldn't leave the cave or retrace his steps.

This was planned 

*

Lillian rode her lover's shoulders to avoid mucking up her boots , Kailer didn't mind. It was the first time in a while, she showed affection to him since Junhong and Soran arrived...
But in her defense she was simply caring and affectionate to everyone. Lillian was kind, suspension began to fester.

"I'm not sensing him"Lillian said suddenly.

"Me either, it's like he just disappeared" Soran agrees

"People don't just disappear Soran. There has to be a reason" Her voice going higher, her speech becoming accented.

"Humans just don't disappear, our kind do. Remember" Soran wanted to laugh at her open foolishness.

"Can't he like teleport?" Kailer asked.

"Only if we have an idea of where we're going or been there before. He's never been here before. ' Soran explained

'Oh" Kailer once again felt left out for not knowing about how magic worked. It's not his fault he wasn't born like them, they didn't need to remind him or rub it in his face 

"I wish I could sense him" Lillian's mind echoed sadly, Soran turned and looked at her. Shaking his head at her.

"You cannot be serious Lillian" was all Soran said before walked a head of them.

Lillian blushed and Kailer frowned, he couldn't read minds, he could hear them if he listened carefully or Lillian allowed him to do so. He felt like he just missed out on a very vital part of Soran's and Lillian's conversation.

"What's that all about?" He asked

"Don't worry about it, it's nothing important" Lillian began to climb down his tall shoulders. "I'll walk on my own now"

When her feet touched the floor, Kailer leaned in for a kiss but Lillian sent a mild current at him.

Standing back her looked at her for the first time, her hair falling out of place, hiding her beautiful face. "What's really going on" He asked

"Nothing I'm JUST worried about Esther"

"Liar! You don't care about Esther. I bet you wouldn't mind her being missing"

Lillian turned around, "If Esther becomes a witch we, The Mist are doomed! We have too many halflings to carry on if war starts"

"Junhong is a halfling!"

" He's different, he's much more talented than a normal halfling"

"A mutt is a mutt. Yes he can do magic but HE IS NOT LIKE US! He serves a manor, he's dependant on a full bred just like the other mutts"

"Don't compare him to the others. You just can't sense his power like we can. Why else would our village dote on him."

"Because they think he's a reincarnation! If he didn't have sliver hair no one would care. You wouldn't care"

"Shut up! You don't know me"

"I know you better than anyone. This is your imprint talking. Once the mission is done you'll be fine"

Lillian cocked her head the side, smiling slightly ,"I know what your going on about now. Your jealous you can't do magic."

Kailer growled "I Will never be jealous of a half breed, unlike him, I'm pure bred through and through"

"Born with no talents. Might as well be a human" Lillian smiled something wicked and turned to catch up with Soran. Leaving Kailer to stew in his rising anger.

*

She felt water all around her, she couldn't see it but she could feel and smell.

The last time she was spoken to she was left blind, driving her slowly mad. Never has she suffered before. 

"Soon we will have a proper audience"

"I don't care"

"You care not for your peers to watch the rising of true self?" 

The voice was mocking her, it knew she was growing weak, she hadn't eaten or drunk anything in days. She stopped asking a while ago.

She was sure she would die soon any way.

"Junhong" she weakly tried to call out. Very scared and tired.

 Closing her eyes as she laid in the cold water, she couldn't see there was no point of having her eyes open.

"Esther.." a voice answered softly. It vaguely sounded like Junhong.

 Tears forming as she was sure was dying, "where are you?"

"I'm coming"

"I'm dying though, your too late"

"I'll still come, even if you have to die in my arms"

"I love-"

Pain jolting in her right hand, Ester screamed loudly. "Ain't it sweet. Calling one's lover near death"

A hand grabbed her hair, it tightly "You won't 've dying today priestess. Sorry about it"

Even without vision she waswIt sure was face to face with her attacker. She could smell wine and finery on his breath. He wasn't low class but he acted like it.

"How elitist of you ms.Bellthrone" he sneered with amusement.

"I'll be with you soon, just hang on"

"Ah, your crying. I think it's time to say goodbye to your widdle Prince priestess"

She called Junhong's name but like before it wouldn't go through. They were purposely blocking her connection to him. He never forget her.

He Never Forget Her.

Stactic began to fill her veins, burning richly. She suddenly never felt so alive.

Her feelings of hunger and thirst faded, she felt one with her body. She could feel the air burning around her as her mind and vision cleared.

"Who allowed your filthy hands to touch me?" She spat

She could see the man who held her by her hair face slack with confusion, she could seen fear.

Feral, she's feral! Get away from her.

Stumbling back the man let go violently, ripping stands of her ebony hair. When he looked at what he done, he cursed.

 Blood had fallen in her water.

"You idiot!" A bodyless voice shouted

"We can still do the ritual, she's only began the feral process. Begin chanting. Hurry Lord"

The drums began and chants filled the air, full of urgency.

"Why do you keep calling me priestess?" She demanded

No one answered her question, the chanting began to grow louder and louder.

 Their words were gibberish to her ears but they stung and wrapped around her body.

"Stop it!" She cried, covering her ears tying to block the chants. She couldn't take the pain.

Throwing her head back she screamed into the air, she was nearly unheard. One last time she scream a blood wrenching scream that took all the air she had in her lungs.

*

'Did you hear that?" Soran turned to Lillian and Kailer, they both nodded.

Making pace they jumped down the hole before them, casting aside the hesitation and debate they once had .

Junhong stopped before the lillie covered shroud, Esther scream filled his mind and ears. Rattling him so severely he couldn't stand on his feet, he gripped his hair and ride out the sensation. She was dying and his imprint was struggling for strength.

Once the wave of pain subsided, he slashed open the shroud and began running as fast he could. The feeling of determination and urgency guiding him through the maze. He felt connected and could hear chanting. 

Very near and very angry. Whomever held his mistress would die. He swore on nephlim's dead bodies. Everyone involved would bleed out.

Thunder rumbled through the cave, allowing Soran to pin point the location, he closed his eyes to concentrate and faded to water, charging through the maze and Joined Junhong.

"Missed me?" Soran joked.

While Junhong felt very so wild he couldn't remain too stoic, he flashed his old friend a smile.

"Where's other's?"

"They'll be here in five seconds.. give or take"

"So bloody cheeky"

It was true through six seconds later, Lillian ascended from the ground. A weak Kailer panting beside beside her.

"I hate magic"

"It might be too late Junhong" Lillian warned.

Junhong looked at her with red slitted eyes, teeth nearly fanged, the look of feral Mistling "All the better" he coldly said.

Kicking the fae rock, shattering it he jumped in leaving them all behind.

"Soran, can Halflings go feral?" Lillian asked

"I'm not sure about anything anymore" he spoke honestly with sarcasm for the first time in centuries.

""

*

He landed with a hard thud, shaking the smashed earth under him. Looking around he recognized the place, but there was no chanting, no drums. He missed something.

 Esther hung in still the air. Silver translucent chains guarding her body. It was so unnatural.

"Your too late widdle Prince. Your princess is now a priestess" A man stepped out the trees.

"Is she dead?" Junhong asked

"I don't understand" he looked at Junhong in horror

"Is she dead?" Junhong  Enunciated slowly.

"No but Esther is no longer the Esther you knew"

Junhong scoffed "I don't care about that. She's not dead, I won't have to kill you"

Just then Soran and Lillian dropped down, Kailer soon followed. They joined Junhong by his side, taking in the situation.

Soran sprang in the air breaking the chains that bound Esther whilst Junhong stared down the man before him.

Lillian reconized him, he was Minster of the Mist. This whole situation was getting more intricate by the minute.

"We're taking her" Soran threated.

The Minster shrugged nonchalantly. "Take her, she's too feral to be a proper priestess"

His words were filled with bitterness.

"Fetal? What do you mean?"

"She began feral a while the ritual, it only fused half of her. Rituals need bodies, your mistress is a "

Junhong growled 

"Oh Goody a another one. Such animals" The Minster gasped before apperating before the group.

Soran turned to Junhong "what do we do now?"

Junhong held Esther in his arms, watching her sleeping form "I don't know."

Lillian and Kailer watched in disgust, Lillian shook with jealousy while Kailer watched the woman he loved obsess over man whom would never lover her.

All the anger in him bubbled over , smoke rising from the ground, swallowing hin and blowing away. He was gone in a literal puff of smoke.

"What in the worlds ?" Lillian gasped

"Your lover aperated,you should go after him"

"He's non magical though how can he do that?"

"You underestimated him."

Lillian nodded then took one last look at Junhong cradling his mistress before turning into what looked like glitter.

"It seems I underestimated everything I ever knew..anything was possible" Soran whispered as he looked on, watching the feral halfling that once was his friend.

"The Prophecy is lining up" Soran whispered telepathically to his Lord.