The secrets we keep

Born To Serve (The Sliver Mistress)

She stared at him with sliver eyes, sending non verbal anger though her mind. Questioning whether he was protecting her or ruining her fun. 

Just like her parents, her servant keep her locked up in the house like a animal. 'For her own protection' they say. Why does she of all people needed to be protected? 

If she ever got in trouble couldn't they just buy her freedom or do the memory thing Junhong did so well.

In her mind they were all suspicious, her family was keeping something from her since she was old enough to develop talents. She could aperate from air or mist, she could read open minds, she could move small objects, she could sense essence. She was not normal and neither was anyone in her house.

Junhong had more talents then he led on, he too was keeping things from her. She trusted him but something told not to lay her loyalty in him. She wasn't paranoid, it was blood Intuition. Something wasn't right with her so called loyal servant's blood.

She couldn't ask out right anymore, when she was younger and naive she had asked him why they could do thing other people couldn't. Junhong told her they were special and told her not to ask questions.

It wasn't fair, every one was in on the secret but her, she wasn't a child anymore, she was nearly 18 in human years. 

Taking a sip she continued to stew in her silent rage, replaying what happened in the park two hours ago. He made her submit even if it was for a moment. 

 The words 'yes sir' was salty and  bitter on her lips. How distasteful, he probably thought she and him were equals now. That though nearly made Esther gag.

More importantly he had declared they would not be haunting for a while, as if he had the authority to tell her of all people what to do. He may take of her but she was his mistress.

"Do you think they'll remember?" Esther asked haughty

 "No, I cleansed their mines" he said

"Just say wiped or erased. No need to be fancy with me"

He looked at her, his eyes crinkled as he smiled at her, as if she was most amusing. "Just because you prefer to sound like a spoiled child of this century doesn't mean I should too. The best things in life are the classic, including language"

"Too long didn't listen; I'm stuck in the later 18's" she smirked

 She didn't want to admit but she secretly liked when he got on his not so Victorian soap box and rant about modern society. He sounded older but he looked forever 20.

They aged slowly and it was hard to explain to people out side their manor. Her father at the moment was currently pretending to be Christoff the second.

But who exactly were ' They'?

Caught up in her thoughts she didn't hear what he been going on about.

Junhong was standing, smoothing his sliver hair back in place. He glanced over at her expecting her to do the same. It was time to turn in, the sun would bright and at its highest in a few short hours.

He hope she wouldn't fight him, and he was surprised when she agreed and walked ahead of him to the stairs. 

'Maybe she's ready to put her childish attitude away' he thought to himself.. but was rudely interrupted by Ester sliding into his thoughts. 

'How dare you say I'm childish. Your rude even in your thoughts'

'Get out'

'Make me'

Before he could begin to force her out of his minds, she began to place annoying thoughts in his mind. Something that took him by surprise. He had no idea she could do that. She was getting new talents.

With all his focus on locking the entrance to his mind he successfully pushed her out quite forcefully.

 Esther stopped mid step and suddenly fell though the floor, like the step was made of quick sand.

Junhong's eyes widen, had pushing her out cause that?He never used that much force before. 

Then remembered that she wasn't mature and couldn't handle mind suppression..

"" he muttered and apperated to lowest level of the manor but it was empty.

He thought maybe she got trapped in the staircase and couldn't get out. He could see her panicked face shrouded in darkness.

She wasn't there, this was not good..

*

Sure this was simply some trick Esther was playing he calmed himself down. He could not let her see him panic over her silly game.

 There's a reason for everything, while their race could do many things, disappearing into thin air was not one of them..he thought. To be honest he wasn't sure. Everyone gained different, unique talents. He seriously hoped this was a new talent that should couldn't control instead of her playing a joke.

Upon entering the hollow ground of their yard he cross himself, he knew superstitions were a thing of the past in the modern world but old habbits died hard.

He didn't bother calling her name out loud, he opened his mind and began searching for her presence, he wasn't sure if it would work, so far he only used it once..on a cat..when he was 12.

He felt her presence buzz softly in his mind. She near but she still seemed far, her presence wavered and faded as if she suddenly translucent. Shouldn't he get a good sense of where she was, he could find anything as long as they living and connected to earth.

That's when it hit him. Maybe she wasn't technically here, maybe she was off in a near by portal. 

 He was so screwd. He never visited a portal and only learned through a book. 

"Damn" he muttered, today was a day of curses.

Never had Junhong ever used a portal, he would have to ask someone who has, the only problem was he wasn't sure how long it would take and if anyone would notice their mistress would gone.

*

He's always been close to an "old sage" named Soran who lived seven hours away from the manor. While they were good friends, asking favors from him never went our hassle and a bit of guilt.

Soran. Could never just let you borrow a book or spell with payment and witty sarcastic remarks. 

Today was no different, as they sat in his years old wicker chairs, playing a bit of mahjong and enjoying Irish tea. Saron took the chance to pester his old friend into telling him why he came to visit.

"Can't an old mate visit the country" Junhong smirked at Saron.

"Saron narrowed his eyes at him, he could feel his nervousness telepathically.

" You haven't visited in 8 years. Last time I saw you we're sold to the Bellthrone's. Something has come about your mistress huh Jun?"

"You always were someone to cut to the fat" Junhong sighed "and here I was enjoying a bit of country air"

"Nonsense" was Saron said before claiming Junhong's playing pieces.

"That's cheating, you were there when Mahjong came about"

"I'm that old , your just rusty from years of chasing a toddler daywalker" a smile in his eyes.

It felt like they were children again, bickering and throwing insults. They never actually had a row in their years of being friends.

"Why don't you tell me what's come to your mistress.. whom your imprinted with"

"Never gonna let that go are you?"

"As long as my bones belong to the mist clan" he stuck out his tongue.

"Grow up"

  without leaving anything thrash could possibly be of some help, he told the sage everything that happened three days ago. He even told him about waiting a day and a half to see if anyone noticed her disappearance. Luckily Junhong told the. Manor that she was in one of her moods and no one questioned it. He was very thankful for once to have such a stubborn mistress.

Meanwhile Soran poured himself more tea and began thinking about where his friend's mistress could possibly be. Not many people of their clan could skip into portals. Not by themselves at least. 

Then it dawned on him, some one had summoned her. 

Summoning required powerful skills and concentration, whomever summoned her presence, had to be someone older and important. Hopefully she was safe and being cared.

Soran opened his mind while humming a incarnation. It was worth a shot to try to connect with her. 

The connection was fuzzy and fading. He could feel her aura as calm as it was. Almost like she was sleeping.. 

 Suddenly his connection broke and he sensed nothing.

 Eyes flying open he hawked at Junhong. 

"What did you see?" Junhong asked concerned by the look on his face.

"I could feel her aura. She's sleeping but it broke. Maybe you should be a bit worried. Who ever broke the connection is beyond powerful." Soran explained.

"Who do you think has her"

Someone who wants her presence crystallized,Soran thought to himself but he lied and said "I don't know"

He felt he didn't need to worry his friend even more.

" Guard your thoughts for the next days. Also I think your imprint will come in handy soon" Soran says as he translates his vision, leaving the last bit to himself.

"Sleep brother, daylight is among us , rest here"

Junhong noticed Soran was talking slower suddenly. Sometimes visions knocked the energy out of him but never like this. It must of been a strong one 

 He couldn't help but think his oldest friend was keeping something from him..