OS5 : VKook - Lost Stars

Kpop Imagines & One Shots

“- I’m breaking up.”

Taehyung looked at me with his big and deep brown eyes, and I saw his lips shaking a bit. He looked so pale in the rain that was falling on us as we were sitting on our favourite bench.

“- You’re… you’re leaving me ?!”

I couldn’t even tell him I was sorry. Of course I felt bad, I felt awfully guilty, and my hear was as broken as his but… I couldn’t. Because I was the one causing all this pain. I was the one leaving him when he needed someone the most, and it was all my fault.

“- Jungkook…”

Yes. All my fault.

“- Why ?”

I felt his wet eyes burning my skin away. I felt as if he could see my true feelings, my heart craving for him to touch me, to kiss me one last time - and I couldn’t get myself to look at him. I didn’t want to see him crying, knowing I was the reason of his tears.

“- Look at me…”

But I couldn’t. I turned my face away from his and let my fringe hide my teary eyes from his sight. I didn’t want him to see me in pain - he’d know what I was truly feeling for him.

Because it was the truth, I didn’t want to break up with him. I myself didn’t know why I was breaking up when he made me so happy about myself, for the first time of my life. He made me feel so special and yet, I was leaving the only person I could see me being happy with.

I slowly got up, trying to run away from him, from his warmth, from his eyes.

His freaking eyes, begging me to stay.

I knew he understood nothing of the situation - but I was as confused as him.

I was being a coward, and I was aware of my lack of courage, but I couldn’t help it.

“- Jungkook, please, tell me what’s going on…”

I felt his cold and delicate fingers grabbing my wrist, and for a few seconds, I almost gave up. I almost turned to him to take him in my arms, his whole body, to tell him everything would be okay - but it wouldn’t.

So I jerked away from his embrace, leaving him behind.

As I got farther and farther away, I could still hear him breaking down and sobbing. But I couldn’t turn away now, not when my own cheeks were covered in cold and wet tears. I couldn’t let him see I was as broken as he was, and I couldn’t let him see the coward I was being for leaving because I was too scared of my own feelings, because I was too afraid of him leaving me - because I knew it would happen one day. He would get tired of me and he would leave me, just like everyone did before him.

So I prefered leaving him before he could ever run away from me.

I heard him say my name one last time before turning in another alley. His voice was broken, and I could hear the love he still felt for me filtering through his deep, wavering voice. I looked up and allowed myself to see him one last time before leaving forever, and I saw his sitting there, a few meters away from me. I couldn’t even distinguish his face with all the rain, but his small hands were holding his chest and I could see him sobbing the pain away, as if he would never smile again.

But I smiled. I smiled at his broken figure, because I knew he would meet someone better than me.

“- I’m sorry, I murmured, walking away from him. I will always love you.”