Fourth Chapter

The Angel's Strength
Please log in to read the full chapter

9 YEARS LATER...

 

It was a peaceful morning in the kingdom of Sapphire Blue. The sun rose in its full blazing glory and its majestic rays warmed the valley.

As the sun shone on some tall, majestic cliffs, four figures suddenly jumped from the cliff, whooping and shouting.

One of the figures slipped a huge piece of wood underneath his feet, did a double twist in the air and landed clumsily in the branches of an oak tree.

That was Yesung.

The second figure jumped, slipped his piece of wood underneath his feet, tried to somersault, but ended up freaking out which resulted in tumbling down the cliff and landing in a prickly thorn bush.

That was Heechul.

The third figure jumped, slipped the wood underneath his feet, somersaulted in the air and did a triple twist before neatly landing on the ground.

That was Kangin.

The last figure hesitated a while, jumped, but ended up rolling down the cliff and landing on top of Heechul who was trying to clamber out of the thorn bush.

That was Ryeowook.

Kangin got off his "skateboard" and went to help Yesung from the tree. Yesung was trying to untangle himself from the mess of branches.

" Yah, hyung, wait. Don't move. ", called out Kangin.  " I have a plan. "

" Arasso. You better make sure this plan works or I'll end up having another blue-black like last time. ", sighed Yesung exasperatedly.

" Don't worry, hyung! ", said Kangin brightly.

Kangin stepped a distance away from the tree, dashed forward and slammed his entire body weight against the tree trunk. The oak tree shook under the massive force and the branches shuddered.

The branch Yesung was sitting on gave way and he tumbled down, but Kangin caught his hyung with his strong arms and set him gently on the ground.

" Alrighty, now let's go find Chulie hyung and Wookie! ", said Yesung.

" I'm right behind you, hyung! ", said Kangin.

They both walked off to the cliff and peered down. Two figures were trapped in a thornbush, groaning and rubbing themselves.

" Ooooooooh!!! Ouch!!! Ow, double ow, triple ow!!! ", complained a voice.

" Stupid maknae! I scratched my beautiful face! Get your ing out from my face! ", snapped another voice.

" Language, hyung! You swear too much! Angels aren't supposed to curse or swear, y'know! ", replied the voice.

Kangin and Yesung started laughing their heads off at the seemingly hilarious spectacle below. Ryeowook and Heechul glanced up at the two boys who were howling with laughter.

" Hardee-har-har. Veeeeeeeeeeeery funny. ", laughed Heechul sarcastically.

" How 'bout giving us a hand here instead of laughing like a pack of hyenas up there? ", shouted Ryeowook.

Still chuckling slightly, Kangin and Yesung slid down the small cliff and hit the dry river bank. They pulled the thistles from their friends and helped them out of the thorny bush.

" That's much, much better, but my hair is ruined!!! ", shrieked Heechul as he tugged at his dirty hair.

" Aish, hyung, just wash your hair at home. ", sighed Ryeowook as he rolled his eyes.

" You fuss too much about looking beautiful, y'know. Hyung, safety is more important than you looking-- ", started Yesung, but Kangin shushed him.

" What? I didn't-- "

" Quiet! Do you guys hear that? ", hissed Kangin.

All of them strained their ears to listen carefully. There heard the faint footfalls of horses and distant cheers coming from the town.

" Sounds like something's happening in the town. ", said Heechul.

" C'mon! Let's go check it out! ", said Yesung as he tugged Ryeowook by the arm.

" Ne! Let's! Ka ja! ", said Kangin as he shoved Heechul forward.

The four of them ran past small brooks, over mossy rocks, through tall trees and through tall grass. They reached their hometown and saw a band of Alpha angels walking towards the streets and to the palace. They were waving to the Omegas who crowded around them.

Kangin peered over the bobbing heads of the crowd and his eyes caught a stunning figure who seemed to stand out above the rest of the Alphas.

The man had spiky, chestnut brown hair with light brown highlights, smooth, peach-colored skin, light salmon-colored lips, eyes the color of a stormy sea, a slender nose, a tall, well-built figure and a strong, angelic appearance. He wore a sapphire blue robe that was held together by a gold sash sequined with diamonds and rubies.

But the object that caught his eye was a sharp tiger tooth hanging on a platinum chain around his neck.

Leeteuk.

Kangin felt happiness surging through him.

His hyung had come back.

" Hyung! Leeteuk hyung! Hyung! ", shouted Kangin as he jumped about, trying to get the man's attention.

But the roar of the crowd drowned out his voice. Leeteuk didn't hear him.

" Hyung! Leeteuk hyung! Hyung! HYUNG!!! ", shouted Kangin at the top of his voice.

The group continued to move on. But a girl, who was waving and looking around, caught sight of Kangin and nudged Leeteuk in the ribs.

" Leeteuk oppa, someone over there is trying to get your attention. ", she said, pointing to a frantically jumping Kangin.

Leeteuk looked in the direction of the girl's finger and his eyes caught sight of Kangin's tiger tooth necklace.

" Kangin-ah??? ", said Leeteuk in surprise.

Leeteuk passed his stuff to the girl and dashed off into the crowd to find Kangin. Kangin noticed this and tried to search for Leeteuk in the mob.

" Kangin-ah! ", shouted Leeteuk.

" Leeteuk hyung! ", came a voice from somewhere in the crowd.

" Kangin-ah! Oh, mianhaeyo. ", a

Please log in to read the full chapter