Second Chapter

The Angel's Strength
Please log in to read the full chapter

An Omega child angel and his three friends were playing in the streets. They were playing tag with one another.

One child had silky black hair and a feminine face and stature.

His name was Heechul.

The second child had spiky black hair and an adorkable face.

His name was Yesung.

The third child had short, reddish-brownish hair, beautifully sculpted cheekbones and a sweet face.

His name was Ryeowook.

The last child had blackish-brownish hair, a mischievous face and he was slightly chubby.

His name was Kangin.

Kangin touched Yesung's shoulder, shocking the elder boy.

" Tag! You're it, hyung! ", laughed Kangin.

" Awww! No fair! ", complained Yesung.

" Haha, Yesungie hyung's it! ", shouted Ryeowook.

" Catch us if you can, Sungie~ ", teased Heechul as he ducked behind a shop.

" Yah! This is soooooo unfair, you guys! ", whined Yesung as he stomped his foot angrily.

Kangin chuckled as he ran away behind a wagon. Ryeowook climbed up a tree to escape from Yesung. Heechul jumped into an empty barrel he found behind the shop.

" Yah! This is not funny! Guys! You guys are so mean! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! ", sobbed Yesung as he sat on the cobblestones crying.

" Aish! Spoilsport! ", grumbled Kangin as he walked towards Yesung.

" Yah, hyung! Aish! Stop crying, you big baby! ", said Ryeowook as he went towards his friend and hugged him tight.

" Aish! Shut your ing mouth! ", snapped Heechul.

" Hyung, language. ", hissed Ryeowook.

" Let's go play in the fields instead! ", said Kangin.

" Turtles! ", said Yesung who had suddenly cheered up.  " I wanna see turtles in the lake! "

" Hyung, there aren't any turtles in the Lake of Shining Waters. ", muttered Ryeowook softly.

" Who knows? There may be now! Ka ja! ", said Yesung as he shoved Heechul and Kangin forward.

Shaking his head, Ryeowook tagged after his turtle-obssessed hyung. Heechul grumbled about him getting his hair messed up. Kangin chuckled at his hyung's weirdness.

They ran all the way to a field full of tall, but neatly cut, grass with small, white narcissus scattered across. An old oak tree grew next to a large shining lake. Cool zephyrs blew across, making the grass sway this way and that way.

" Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow~ ", chorused all three boys in unison.

" It's sooooooo beautiful~ ", gawked Ryeowook.

" Tag! You're it! ", shouted Yesung all of a sudden as he touched Heechul.

At this, Kangin and Ryeowook broke off into a run. Yesung darted off before Heechul could touch him.

" Aish! Yesung, you little brat! When I get my hands on you, I'll throw you into the lake to join the fish if it's the last thing I do! ", threatened Heechul as he chased after Yesung.

Cackles of laughter could be heard for miles.

Kangin went over a little hill close by him. He tripped over a little mound and rolled down the other side of the hill.

" Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ", screamed Kangin as he tumbled down headfirst.

Kangin rolled downwards till he landed on a patch of white bluebells. He was so shocked that he passed out.

 

*******

 

" Gotcha, you little sneak! ", exclaimed Heechul as he grabbed Yesung by the collar.

The elder picked up the squirming latter and brought him to the lake.

" Hana, duel, set! ", counted Heechul and threw Yesung into the lake.

" Yaaaah! ", shrieked Yesung as his body hit the warm water.

" Hahahahahaha! ", guffawed Ryeowook and Heechul.

" Help me out! ", said Yesung.

Heechul and Ryeowook extended their hands to help their friend out, but instead of them fishing Yesung out, Yesung dragged them in!

" Ack! My hair! My lovely hair is ruined! ", shrieked Heechul as he pulled himself out of the water.

" Ptoo! Ack! Cough! Yuck! Lake water! Gross! ", sputtered Ryeowook as he spat out a mouthful of lake water.

" Payback! ", smirked Yesung as he fished himself out and squeezed his shirt dry.

Heechul gave an evil smirk and shoved Yesung back into the water.

" And that is double payback! ", sneered Heechul.

" Hey, I found a turtle! ", exclaimed Yesung.

Heechul and Ryeowook turned to look and saw a little turtle plodding towards the lake. Yesung reached forward and took the clammy reptile in his hands.

" I'm gonna name him Ddangkoma! ", announced Yesung proudly.

" You turtle maniac! ", chuckled Heechul.

" Well, it's better than standing in front of the mirror all day long p myself up to look like a diva! ", countered Yesung.

" Hey, hyungs, where's Kangin hyung? ", asked Ryeowook all of a sudden.

The three boys looked around. Kangin was nowhere in sight.

" Probably he's hiding. ", shrugged Heechul as he shook his hair dry.

" Or maybe he went back to the village to grab something he left behind. ", concluded Yesung as he his new pet fondly.

" Maybe, but I think we should go look for him. Just to be on the safe side. ", said Ryeowook.

The three boys shook themselves dry and called out Kangin's name as they wandered around, looking for their friend.

 

*******

 

" Hey, kid, are you alright? ", asked a voice.

Kangin fluttered his eyes open. A boy about the same age as him with chestnut-brown hair, fair skin and an innocent, angelic face was kneeling over him with a worried look.

" Oh, you're finally awake! I thought you were dead or something! ", breathed the boy in relief.

Kangin just stared at the god-like being before him. There was something about the boy that made his heart jump.

" Here. Let me help you up. ", offered the boy as he extended his hand for him.

Kangin took the boy's hand and stood up with the boy's assistance. Kangin dusted himself off and looked at his saviour.

" Oh, how rude of me! I forgot to introduce myself! Choneun Leeteuk imnida! What's your name? ", asked the kid.

" Kangin. Choneun Kangin imnida. ", smiled Kangin.

" Nice to meet you, Kangin! Are you one of my kind? ", asked Leeteuk.

" Huh? "

" Are you an Alpha or an Omega? ", asked Leeteuk.

" Oh! I'm an Omega, Leeteuk-sshi. You? ", asked Kangin.

" I'm an Alpha! Wanna be friends? ", smiled Leeteuk.

" Sure! ", smiled Kangin.

" How old are you, Kangin-sshi? ", asked Leeteuk.

" I'm 7 years old. How about you? ", asked Kangin.

" I'm 10! So I'm your hyung! How cool! ", said Leeteuk happily.

" Where do you live, hyung? Then, maybe I can visit you and we can play together and-- "

" Mianhae, Kangin-ah, but I live in a palace. I'm constantly training and learning with Appa and the rest of my dongsaengs. The only free time is when Appa says we've done well in our training. ", apologized Leeteuk sadly.

" You live in a palace? Where? ", asked Kangin.

" Follow me and I'll show you. Ka ja. ", said Leeteuk as he took Kangin's hand and led him across the field and back to the village.

They walked through the streets till they came to a crystal blue palace. Large towers stood proud and tall up above the clouds. Tall walls rose high above the ground. Sapphire blue flags flew majestically in the breeze on top of the lower towers.

" Wow~ You live here? ", asked Kangin in awe.

" Uh-huh. ", smiled Leeteuk and his eyes caught sight of a scarlet flash around Kangin's right wrist.

" Kangin-ah? "

" Ne, Leeteuk hyung? "

" What's that on your right wrist? ", asked Leeteuk as he pointed to the flash of red on Kangin's wrist.

Kangin looked and showed Leeteuk his wrist. A scarlet bangle was wound around his wrist.

" What? This? Oh. I had it on the day of my birth. Umma told me that I was born alongside another angel. An Alpha angel. She told me that the bangle is to show that I am gonna be best friends with the angel who has the same bangle as me. ", explained Kangin.

" Hey, Appa told me the same thing too! ", said Leeteuk.

" That means... ", mumbled Kangin.

Leeteuk pulled back the sleeve of his long robe and showed the scarlet bangle on his right wrist. Kangin's eyes widened.

" You have the same bangle as me! So that means... ", said Leeteuk.

" YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND! ", finished Kangin and Leeteuk together.

" So, you were the one who was born alongside with me! ", said Kangin with a huge grin.

The both of them hugged one another.

" Leeteuk! Time to come back! It's time for lessons again! ", called a loud voice.

" Coming, Appa! ", shouted Leeteuk.

Leeteuk turned to Kangin and smiled apologetically.

" Mianhae, Kangin-ah, but I have to go back now. ", apologized Leeteuk.

" No worries, best friend. I hope we can meet each other again soon. ", smiled Kangin.

" Sure. Annyeong, Kangin-ah! ", shouted Leeteuk as he disappeared into the castle.

" Annyeong, hyung! ", shouted Kangin.

Kangin cast one more glance at the palace and walked back home. He went into a candy shop.

" Annyeong, ahjumma~ ", smiled Kangin as he entered the shop.

An old lady, who was sewing behind the counter, put her knitting down on the counter and hobbled out to meet Kangin.

She had frazzled gray hair, a sweet round face and wrinkled hands.

" Ahh! Kangin! My favorite nephew! Ahjumma and ahjusshi missed you so much, you know! ", smiled the old lady as she hugged Kangin.

" I missed you too, Miyoon ahjumma. Where's Kyunho ahjusshi? ", asked Kangin.

" He's at the back, making licorice strings. You can go in and say hi. ", answered his aunt.

" Kamsahamnida, ahjumma. ", smiled Kangin as he entered the back of the shop.

Kangin twisted the doorknob open and walked inside. An old man with large round spectacles and crazy white hair sat at a big machine that produced lots of colorful strings.

" Annyeong, Kyunho ahjusshi. ", said Kangin normally so as not to suddenly scare the old man.

The elderly man stopped his work when he heard Kangin's voice and turned to see the young child standing at the door with a wide smile on his face.

" Kangin! My little nephew! Come here! ", smiled the man as he opened his arms for a hug.

Kangin rushed forward and hugged his uncle.

" What're you making, ahjusshi? ", asked Kangin.

" Licorice strings that change flavors as you chew on them. ", stated the old man proudly.

" May I try just one, please~? ", begged Kangin cutely.

" Of course. Here. ", smiled the old man as he handed Kangin an orange licorice stick.

" Kamsahamnida, ahjusshi. ", thanked Kangin happily.

Kangin chewed the licorice stick and he shouted in surprise as he continued munching on the licorice.

" It's orange now--no, strawberry! Wait, honey! No, scratch that, it's now grape! Now, it's m

Please log in to read the full chapter