Chapter 3 - Nightmare

I Found You

  I realized I was in a different place the moment I opened my eyes. ‘This is a dream.’ I told myself. There is no way that this is real. I was back to the place where all my misery started, the place where I lost everything that meant the world to me, my parents.

 

         ‘Katie, run!’ I heard my mother’s voice screaming at me. I felt my tears spilling out and flowed down to my cheeks. ‘No!’ I shouted. ‘Mum.’ I had to stop this from happening again. I ran as fast as I can to save her. She was being tortured by ‘them’. ‘Mum, don’t leave me again. Please!’ I shouted across to her but she didn’t hear me. I didn’t stop running. I wanted to kill that man that was torturing her.

 

         As I ran closer and closer to her, I felt arms surround me and held me in place. I struggled against them and began thrashing. I looked at my mum with a horrified expression. The man that was torturing her suddenly turned around and looked at me. But to my big surprise I didn’t see who I was suspecting. I felt confusion came over me as I saw the face of my dad. ‘No. That’s not possible. He loved mum.’ I told myself, not believing what was happening in front of my eyes.

 

         ‘No!’ I shouted as I tried to clear my mind. This is not real, it’s impossible. I blocked out everything and everyone’s voice but there was a voice that brought me back to reality. ‘Katherine.’ I heard someone call me. ‘Katherine, wake up.’ I listened closer to that voice and opened my eyes.

 

         It took me awhile to take in my surroundings. I was in my room and I saw Ethan there. He was shaking me to wake up. I was visibly sweating and the blanket that was on me was tangled up with my body. ‘Ethan.’ I croaked, my voice sounded horrified. I could feel the ears threatened to spill out as I remembered what I saw but no way am I going to cry in front of me.

 

         I heard whispers and talking so I looked around and saw that my door was ajar and I saw almost every pack member outside my room. It’s a good thing that I didn’t cry or that would be the most embarrassing this I’ve done in my entire life in front of them. I’ve never really cried when my parents passed away. I hid the sorrows in me because I wanted to be strong. I didn’t like to be weak.

 

         ‘What are you doing here Ethan and everyone go back to your room.’ I commanded in my Alpha tone. Everyone immediately scrambled and went back to their rooms while Ethan just sat there, on my bed beside me. ‘Gee, everyone’s worried about you. You were practically screaming and thrashing. Don’t blame them.’ Ethan explained. I looked at him in a confused manner. I didn’t like being taken care of and of course I’m not used to it. ‘I can take care of myself Ethan.’ I said with a warning tone. He looked at me for a while before saying, ‘Come on Katie, I know you too well okay. I’m going off now. If you’re going back to sleep might as well try to avoid screaming.’ He added the teasing in the end.

 

         I growled at him before he left my room and closed the door behind him. I sighed loudly and put my head into my hands. What was that dream about dad torturing mum? A million questions flooded my mind and I wanted an answer to all of them. Just that I didn’t know where to find them.

 

         I looked at the clock nailed high up to the wall. It said it was 5:30 but the sky was still dark. I would have gone back to sleep but then I didn’t want to have any more nightmares. It feels like someone is telling me something through this and I just didn’t understand it. My nightmares have been getting worse lately. Usually I won’t wake up screaming or something I’ll just wake up sweating like a pig.

 

         I decided to take a shower to calm myself down and to get rid of the sweaty odor. I was right, the shower did clam me down. I was thinking about the nightmare trying to make sense about it the whole time I was in there. But apparently I don’t really get to think too much because I have other stuff to do. I was interrupted with my thoughts when a sudden knock came from the bathroom door. It was a good thing that locked it just now. ‘Hey, you in there?’  I heard a soft feminine voice. I immediately knew that it was Sarah. She was one of the kindest female in the pack. There weren’t a lot of females but still it was home for me since I knew everyone since I was a child.

 

         ‘Yup.’ I replied. ‘Don’t stay in there too long okay, you’ll get sick.’ She told me. ‘Okay, I’ll be there in a while.’ I said back to her. I heard footsteps and they began to fade. When I was sure she was away I turned off the shower and reached for my towel and began to dress up when I was dry. My looked at myself in the mirror and the reflection said that the girl in the mirror was obviously tired and needed a good rest. I agreed with that but I didn’t want to go to sleep. I really wished I could have a good night sleep and get rid of the bags.

 

         I went out of the bathroom after I combed my hair and let it loose so it could dry. I didn’t need to comb my hair because it was naturally silky smooth. I went down the stairs and straight to the living room. When I entered everyone’s eyes landed on me. Probably about what I said just now. They knew that if I was angry I could stay like that a long time and I like my privacy. ‘Meeting’s in half an hour.’ I said to them before leaving. I seriously needed to apologize to them and tell them that a pack is coming to visit us.

 

         I went in the kitchen and found Sarah there. Ethan was there too drinking coffee and looking out in the mirror. ‘Ethan, meeting’s in half an hour.’ I informed him. ‘Oh, okay.’ He turned around and looked at me. I continued my way to the counter of the kitchen and made myself some coffee. I definitely need some to keep me awake. ‘Hey, did you tell everyone about our soon to come visitor?’ I asked my beta. ‘Oh, I didn’t that’s your job.’ He grinned.

 

         I let out a sigh and was relief that I arranged a meeting so that I could tell everyone. ‘What time are they coming?’ I asked again. ‘Um… around 9?’ he replied me. I looked at the clock and saw that I still had time because it said it was only 7.

 

         After everyone was in the meeting room I walked in front of them and cleared my throat so they would be silence and let me tell them what I want. Everyone immediately quiet down at the sound of my voice and looked at me. ‘Okay, I’m sorry about last night. If anyone was offended that I snapped at them I’m sorry and don’t take it to the heart.’ I let out all the tension. I didn’t really like anyone to be angry at me or be offended.

 

         ‘It’s okay.’ Everyone said and then cheered. They’ve never actually heard me say sorry before so they kind of stood still with shocked crossed their faces. I cleared my throat again and everyone quiet down. ‘We have visitors coming around nine and I don’t want any of you creating trouble for me.’ I warned them in a scary tone. ‘Just do what you need to do and practice today. Meeting’s over.’ I told them and walked out.

 

         I went to my office to distract me about anything else and went to continue doing my work. I did paperwork until I didn’t really hear the knock on the door. That knock brought me back to reality. ‘Come in.’ I said. The door opened and Sarah came in awkwardly. Only the Alpha and the Beta was allowed in here unless they get permission from us. So to just say in simple words not everyone has been here before.

 

         ‘Can I help you?’ I asked her. I was rather harsh because I was tired but she understood me. Sarah wasn’t the one to get angry too easy and it was a good thing. ‘They’re here.’ She said casually. I dropped my pen and looked at her. What? But it’s just… My eyes trailed to the clock on the table and it showed that was 9:10. Wow. Time did pass fast. I looked at her again and nodded.

 

        Before I even noticed it I was already walking down the stairs to the living room. I heard voices and one voice caught my attention. It was soft and kind, not rough and husky like the others. Not to mention that it sent shivers along my body. I went in to the living room and saw a few werewolves that I didn’t know. One of them caught my attention. When he looked at me I saw the same sparkles and tingles all over my body just like I did last night.

 

HEY!! PLEASE SUBSCRIBE MY STORY!! I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS.