Chapter 2 - Mate

I Found You

         I didn’t want to wake anyone up so I decided to creep out through my room window. I walked to my room as softly as I can; it’s not my fault that everyone here has super hearings. Its really creepy. After walking down the long hallway I finally reached my room. It was one of the biggest in this mansion. Although I didn’t want it everyone said I deserve it because I was the Alpha.

 

        I felt relief flood to me as I reached for my door knob and went in. My room was just the same as before, the scent of wood and the forest. I reached for my window and unlocked it. I opened it slowly, enjoying the fresh air coming in replacing the cramp feeling in my room. After climbing out of my room I jumped down and landed with a light thud. I stripped my clothing off after looking around to make sure I was completely alone.

 

        One thing bad about being a werewolf is when you shift to your wolf side you’ll tear your clothes and be left with nothing. I shifted once I stripped and ran towards the woods. It was so refreshing. I felt all my muscles loosen up and I felt free with the fresh air blowing against my skin more like fur actually.

 

         I ran as fast as I could like a speeding bullet. I wasn’t focused on where I was going because I just followed where my legs lead me to. It wasn’t long before I realized that I wasn’t in my territory anymore. Oh crap! I thought to myself. Now what? If I get caught I’m dead.

 

         I looked at my surroundings and realized that I was on the Firestone’s area. What. Am. I. Doing. Here? Oh no! Since I was here already I’m going to have no choice but to try not to get captured or there will be problem between my pack and the Firestone’s pack and I know Dad wouldn’t want that to happen.

 

         I heard some voices coming towards my direction and I tried to hide within the bushes and branches of the trees. The moon was behind the clouds thanks goodness for that. If it was bright I could have been seen. I was really thankful that my fur was black so I can hide better.

 

         The people that passed me didn’t take a second glance when they turned at my direction. I stood as still as possible. They’re probably the night guard for this pack. I listened closely to the sound of footsteps hoping that they would go away so I can run back.

 

         I was about to come out from my hiding place when I heard that coming back. I cursed under my breath and went back to hiding. The men just now were talking to a guy. He was just nodding his head and absorbing whatever that man was saying. I didn’t exactly bother to listen to what they were saying so I just stood there and hoped that they would go off by now.

 

         When they all finally finished I sighed softly, hoping none of them heard. They walked back to the opposite direction but the guy that was just nodding his head and listening just now stayed back a bit and looked around him. Does he know that I’m here? Oh no, if he finds out I’m going to be captured. When he turned to glance at my direction I saw what I wasn’t expecting.

 

        His eyes were blue and sparkly. I could feel the pull between us when we looked at each other. I didn’t know why I was feeling this. He stared at my direction for a long time then creased his eye brows. I didn’t know why I was feeling the sudden urge to go and wipe away that frown on his face.

 

         The wolf in me was screaming MATE! MATE! MATE! So this is the feeling when we first meet out mates? I didn’t know what to do or what to say. I looked as he walked to the opposite direction of my way with a confusing look plastered on his face. Now I’ve found my mate.

 

         I was still in daze when I ran back the mansion and put on the clothes I left outside and jumped into bed. My mind was flooding with a million of questions. Why now? Who was he? What was he doing in the Firestone’s pack? I don’t think I’ve seen him before.

 

         Usually last time dad would bring me when he visits that pack and I knew everyone there. I guess time has changed. I didn’t know who he is but all I know is that he my mate. I had butterflies in the pit of my stomach. I didn’t feel like I was ready for a mate. I was fine living alone with my friends that acted no less like a family member to me. What if I reject him? Will I regret it someday? Yes! You will regret it. My wolf said to me.

 

         I thought about what to do if I meet him tomorrow. I didn’t know what to say or do anything to him. After a lot of thinking, I felt my eyelids getting heavier and heavier every second and finally dozing off into another world. Tomorrow is going to be a bad day.