Chapter 4 - Meeting the Firestone

I Found You

Eric’s POV

 

         I didn’t know what happened last night. I felt tingles throughout my body when I looked at that bush. There had to be something behind it. I knew. But who was there? My mate? I remembered that I felt my wolf’s excitement and happiness when I felt the tingles. He was screaming that he found his mate. He was so excited that I had to shut him up.

 

        We’ve waited for a mate for quite some time already. At first I didn’t want one but now I saw the loneliness people said when you can’t find your mate. Having a mate is the best thing that has ever happened to any werewolf.

 

         I was so confused and lost in my thoughts that I didn’t hear someone calling my name. “Eric!” someone called me in a stern voice and I turned my head in their direction. My best friend and also my beta Alex was looking at me with a concerned look. I’ve been like this since this morning.

 

“What’s wrong with you man. Why are you so distracted?” he asked with a frown on his face.

“Don’t know.” I looked in his direction and answered both his questions with the same word.

 

         I wasn’t really in a good mood today so I mostly ignored everyone and ignored their questions about me being so distracted. It was really starting to piss me off. Ever since I’ve been Alpha I was always working so probably my stress had made my mood worse. Dang! I sound like a whiny girl.

 

“We’re here.” Alex informed me.

 

         I looked up at saw we have already reached the Luna territory. We were going to meet their Alpha and say our condolence because from what I heard from my dad the Alpha’s parents died. My dad wanted to get another treaty from this pack’s Alpha but apparently he stepped down so I have to do it. I groaned at that thought. I wanted to leave as soon as we’ve finished.

 

         Suddenly 4 big wolves came from the behind the trees and stepped in front of us. They eyed us carefully trying to figure out if we were a threat to them or not. They were in wolf form so I didn’t really want to do anything rash.

“We have a meeting with you Alpha. We’re from the Firestone pack.” I said in a calm voice.

 

         One of the nodded to the others and gave a way. Two of them were beside out groups on each side. They walked with us all the time their eyes never left me. I just hope that they think we won’t cause any trouble. Alex led the way because he’s been here a couple of times and knew the Alpha very well. But whenever I asked him who was he, he’ll just ignore me.

 

         Soon there were at least 10 wolves surrounding us. They were very big and looked like they could give you a kick straight to your grave. I felt cramped and my wolf was angry because he didn’t like to be cramped but I ignored him.

 

         When we reached the entrance of the house, we were greeted by their beta. He said that their beta will be joining us soon and is still doing some paperwork. Well, every Alpha is very busy all the time. I know the feeling.

 

         There were a few werewolves in human form that was sitting on the couch and talking with each other. Their beta was standing up looking out of the window in a daze. I began talking to the werewolves opposite me. I could see they were struggling at first but seem to relax when they knew me. I learned a bit about them before I felt my body feeling that tingling again.

 

         I could feel that my body suddenly felt excited and I could smell such a wonderful smell. It was the scent of lavender and the forest making me in a daze. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and felt my heart beat faster which each second that passed.

 

         I immediately knew that my mate was near. I’ve been waiting for this for such a long time that I couldn’t wait any longer. When I looked up I saw the most beautiful girl I have ever seen before. She was a little tanned with long black straight hair and a perfect body with the perfect curves that was covered with a pair of jeans and a buttoned shirt. Although the clothes were casual it still didn’t stop my heart from beating any faster.

 

         I looked into her eyes and saw that her eyes were a beautiful black and I saw a tint of red flash at her cheeks. She immediately looked down, embarrassed. She looked so beautiful when she blushed I had so stopped my hand from caressing her face.

 

         My desire in me started to burn up but I tried my best not to show it. “Kate” Alex said from beside me and she looked up and a smile formed at . God, she was beautiful and I had the urge to wrap my arms around her. “Alex.” She breathed. Her voice was sending me to a daze.

 

         “This is the new Alpha of my pack, Eric.” He introduced me. I smiled at her and she nodded her head towards me. “I’ve heard you’ll be visiting. Welcome to my pack, I’m the Alpha here. My name is Katherine.” She said to me smoothly.

 

         My eyes popped out and I felt my jaw hit the ground. Alpha? She is an Alpha? I’m going to kill Alex. “T-Thank you.” I stuttered a little. I wasn’t expecting this. A she-wolf as an Alpha, she’ll make a great mate for me.

 

         After a few hours we signed some documents forming a treaty and I was ready to go. I didn’t want to leave her but I had some more work to do. We were still talking when she suddenly flinched and covered her face with her hands and growled. I wondered what was wrong everything was fine until now. Everyone flinched including me and I could see that everyone in her pack froze when she suddenly got up and rushed to the door. What was wrong?