THE THINGS THAT HAD TO BE SAID

LS THE SERIES: #EARNPETEFOREVER

finally earn caught up with him and grabbed him by the arm. “ enough earn.” pete said. “earn, what do you want from me?”

 

what earn didnt realize is he still had his lapel microphone on him and basically his and pete’s conversation is being broadcast to the concert.

 

“no pete. its you who is enough. enough running pete. i can’t do this anymore. i want you back. i’m sorry. you gotta forgive me. please. i know i screwed up. i miss you. heck i love you. it took me a while to realize it.  and i know you love me too.“ earn said.

 

“youre imagining things. earn. go back to noh and your friends. i have yu…”

 

“i’m imagining things? you really think i don’t know how you’ve always felt about me? and you really think i’m still chasing after noh?”

 

“you’re only here because you need a doormat earn. you just need someone to pick you up everytime you’re hit with the fact that noh is with phun and not you. i’m done earn. i have yu..”

 

“no you don’t have yuri. she’s not your girlfriend. don’t even pull that on me. she’s just your best friend and you know it. your new best friend.”

 

“well there you have it. the position’s been filled up. so why are you even bothering?”

 

“you really hate me that much?”

 

“i don’t hate you earn. and yes, heaven help me because i still do love you. i’ve been in love with you since i don’t even remember when. but this love has just been so painful. and you have just been so painful . i just want this to stop already. look at us. do you really think there is even an us left?”

 

“pete….you can’t give up on us. please. ” earn said as tears started to roll down on his cheeks

 

earn grabs pete and hugs him so tight they can feel each other’s hearts beating so fast. “im not letting you go, you gotta forgive me.”

 

“earn…lets stop this. this is too hard already” pete turned around, hiding his own tears. “ pete puhes earn away.

 

“pete...is this what you really want? .... if this is whats gonna make you happy.....” earn fights back tears. he lets go of Pete.

 

pete is teary eyed. but he walks away from earn.

 

Yuri arrives at fridae soon after pete’s line message. she bumpis into noh and phun. the first time since she caught them kissing.

 

what was a moment of awkwardness became brief after yuri smiled at them both after they all froze.

 

“yu, looking for pete?”

 

“yes noh. have you seen him?

 

“i think he might be at the club offices,” phun said.

 

“we can guide you there, “ noh offered.

 

“ don’t worry i can find my way. “ yuri smiles back at them. she winks at them and says, “ besides i dont think i'll find anyone else making out here today. “ then she laughs. phun and noh laugh wth her. nervously

 

she then bumps into a downtrodden earn who is coming back from Pete.

 

earn and yuri’s eyes meet. earn tells yuri—he’s over there. points out pete’s location at the football frield.

 

Yuri finds pete.  “pete?”  looking up pete says, “thank you for coming. “ pete tells her what happened.

 

Yuri asks, “ do you really want to do this? you love him. “

 

“but i love me more.  i don’t think we’re good for each other.”

 

“pete. if that’s what you think then so be it. but don’t let it be a decision out of anger. sleep on it and think. i can see that as much you’re trying to do  what you think is right, you’re also hurting from your own decisions. you gotta stop too. and do what really just makes you happy.”

 

Pete and Yuri sit in the bleachers in silence.