WHEN A FRIENDSHIP ENDS

LS THE SERIES: #EARNPETEFOREVER

there was an easy humor between earn and pete even if they seemed different. they’d laugh at things other people won’t find funny.  they had gotten so close they unconsciously developed the same mannerisms and at times would even finish each other’s sentences. both being only children of their parents, they were inseparable. the 2 families had actually gotten close because of the friendship of the 2 boys.

 

of course they had their share of disagreements. and fights. but nothing as bad as what happened in pharmacamp. their fights, while often passionate and heated, would always be patched up within the  same day, and never with harsh words exchanged like what happened at camp.

 

Pete was thinking about his years of friendship with Earn when a hand comes up to him with chocolates. he looked up. it was yuri.

 

“you look like you can use this, “ Yuri smiles at him.

Pete faintly smiles back. “thanks,” as he takes the chocolates.

Yuri sits beside Pete and they start chatting, oftentime laughing. “

 

Noh spies on them from afar. he smiles to himself. “why are you grinning? whats so funny?” Noh looks up. it’s Earn.

 

“it’s so nice to see Yuri smile again, especially after what i put her through.”

“ don’t you want her back?”

“nah. i can’t make her happy. but it looks like pete can. and from the looks of it, she and pete are getting along just fine.”

“i told Pete to back off.”

“why?”

“Noh, your happiness is important to me. don’t you want her back?”

“Earn, i’m already happy.  Yuri deserves to be happy too. Just like you.”

“noh you know how i feel.”

“and you know how i feel. my feelings for you won’t change no matter how many times you kiss me. you are my friend.”

 

Noh gives earn a pat on the shoulder as he walks back to Phun who motioned him to join him in  his seat with food.

 

alone and dejected, earn walks back to his seat. he stares blankly outside the window. he was still that way whe the train reached Hua Lamphong station that he was the only one left inside the train.  Noh had to tap earn’s window just so he can get off.

 

as he walked behind Noh and Phun to the exit of the station, he heard familiar voices. laughing.

 

“i’m starving. you wanna grab  a pizza before going home” Yuri asked Pete.

“i know of this great pizza place in siam paragon. i used to go there with…never mind. lets just go.”

Pete and Yuri flag down a taxi and they speed away. earn watches.

“hey earn.” its Phun, 

“pete left you for a girl.” Phun says mockingly..

“shutup” says Noh.

normally exchanges like this with Phun would have almost come to blows. but this time around, Earn just walked away. 

the days that followed Pharmacamp had everyone in school talking. as people had gotten used to seeing earn and pete together, it was so noticeable that they were now poles apart. the angels speculated that it was a lovers quarrel. they had been teased as a couple since they were both so passionate about each other. normally they would just laugh off the teasing. or play along, if theyre in the mood. if they were being playful, they’d engage in their own brand of fan service. pete is less stiff, less formal and less awkward with earn around. earn cleans up a bit in pete’s presence.  the teachers like how Pete helps earn with academics. earn wasn’t a bad student. he’s actually smart. but pete’s discipline in studying rubs off on earn and that spells the difference.

Pharmacamp changed that. while they still sat together in class, Pete would normally leave and arrive separately from earn. their conversations would be cold and never personal anymore. just about school work. pete didn’t quit the cheer team but as with class, his conversations with earn were limited to what they needed to talk about only. there was definitely no more humor. and when work was done, pete left ahead.

the rest of their friends in the cheer club noticed what was happening. initially Por and Card wanted to stay out of it. after all, they didn’t want anyone else to poke into their business. Por and Card were like Phun and Noh. so close everybody thinks theyre dating but theyre not saying anything. weirdly enough earn and pete never asked too.

as time passed, their friends and the whole school noticed how the 2 ex-friends were changing. Pete no longer lingered in school after class and after club. he was excited to leave  school and he would often be spotted with Yuri around town after school, leading citizens of Fridae college and the convent to speculate that theyre already together.

Earn on the other hand busied himself with school work and club work to the point he was overworking himself and his team. it was driving them crazy. and the team noticed it because normally it was pete who would tell earn when the cheer club needs a break. earn became all about business. he wasnt also as sociable anymore and his temper would rise quicker than usual.  Pete would just shrug him off each time earn lashed out at Pete at class or club. and that infuriated earn more.