CPR

LS THE SERIES: #EARNPETEFOREVER

when PE time that day came, they had to change into their PE uniform. off they went to the changing rooms with their classmates. as Earn was taking off his top, his abs and muscles flexed, catching Pete’s eyes. Pete looked away quickly before he is caught. he proceeded to change into his gym shorts catching earn’s eyes as pete slid down his pants and exposed his legs and his bulge. earn also looked away before he is caught.

 

as if fate was tempting them, PE class was all about emergency response to injuries. the class divided into tandems. the teacher didnt really know earn and pete weren’t even talking anymore and just grouped them together.

 

and just their luck, their lesson: was how to administer CPR.

 

both boys swallowed hard when the teacher announced this. they both knew from watching TV and movies that this involved mouth to mouth resuscitation.

 

they weren’t alone though. the class, all of them boys, were’t really keen on doing mouth to mouth to each other. it’s just that in earn’s and pete’s case, and without them knowing it, they had more reasons to be apprehensive. not only do they have to do mouth to mouth, they'd have to pump each other’s chest. that means theyll have to feel each other’s heart. which means—-well you know …

 

as the other boys settled down to study CPR, both earn and pete separately realized the futility and severity of the situation. 

 

“lets just get this done and over with.” earn said.

 

pete said, “ ok lie down. “

 

earn said “ huh? i wanna be on top?”

 

pete said, “ huh? what are you talking about? we have to take turns. we both get to be on top and at the bottom?”

 

earn, “ fine”

 

both boys are trying to relax so their heart rates wont be so fast when they feel each other’s chest.  but it was useless.

 

pete had to think. i must think of a way. “ teacher, i forgot something in my bag let me run to it.” and off pete runs back to his bag. since running increases the heart rate, this would be a plausible excuse for when earn checks his chest.”

 

not to be outdone, earn too said, “ yeah teacher i need to go to the toilet. i’ll be quick” and he also runs out.

 

so the class finished the CPR exercise with flying colors and with both earn and pete clueless that their heart rates were already high even before they ran.