The more beautiful it is

Rewind

A/N: Hey again to the new subbers! Quick updates huh? This story basically wrote itself haha it all came to me so easily. Please continue subscribing and commenting! I look forward to hearing your opinions on the development. I'm already in the works of another Taemi fic ;)

----

It’s a few months later and they finally both have time to go on another date. Taeyeon picks the location, a rooftop restaurant and so a dinner under the stars. And Taeyeon picks her up from her dorm, Sunmi having to beat off her friends from following her to the car, trying her best to tell herself not to kill them later for embarrassing her. And Taeyeon pays for everything, including a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

She finds it so much easier to chat with Taeyeon this time, the older girl being an amazing listener and having no problems going along with Sunmi’s lame jokes. And she’s proud of herself for being able to place her hand over Taeyeon’s during their dinner. And she’s even more proud of herself for being brave enough to kiss Taeyeon on the cheek when they get back to the car. And when Taeyeon brings her to a park and they walk hand in hand until 2AM, Sunmi wants the night to go on forever. But unfortunately it has to end soon because they both have schedules in the morning and they don’t want their group members to worry.

Sunmi pouts at Taeyeon after she fits the key into her door. It’s time for them to say goodnight and goodbye but she doesn’t want to move, doesn’t want to go in.

“We’ll see each other soon,” Taeyeon laughs at Sunmi’s pained expression. “I promise.”

---

And she stays true to her words because three days later, Sunmi gets a text from Taeyeon to meet her on the roof. She was exhausted because it was 10PM and their schedules for the day had just ended, but she finds energy in Taeyeon’s words and in Taeyeon’s ecstatic emojis.

She wants to be secretive at first, already tired of the relentless teasing she got from her friends about their relationship, but Sunye and Yeeun are experienced and she’s caught, spilling the beans. But they allow her to go anyway, patting her head and messing up her hair as she whines and leaves the dorm.

It’s only when she’s in the elevator that she realizes that she’s only in an oversized shirt and shorts and it’s slightly cold outside. She wonders if she should go back and change but she doesn’t want to keep the older girl waiting.

So she’s shivering and looking around for any signs of Taeyeon but sees nothing, wondering if maybe she was just imagining things.

But then there are arms wrapping around her waist from behind and once again she’s on fire. The second the other girl makes contact with her back she can feel heat engulf her, trap her and knock the air from her lungs.

“Hey you,” Taeyeon’s voice is low and she sounds tired, making Sunmi’s heart hurt. She came out all this way to see her despite how tired she must be, and she’s truly touched, knowing how valuable her time was as well.

Her heart is almost bursting at this point as Taeyeon starts rubbing circles over her tummy and despite her state of dress, she feels like she might be melting. She can’t find words, despite wanting to thank the older girl for coming out to see her, despite wanting to say ‘hey you’ back, despite maybe even slipping in three specific words.

But she becomes cold again for an instant when Taeyeon lets her go to turn her around to face her. The shivering doesn’t last long because Taeyeon has removed her sweater and put it over her shoulders. Sunmi is surrounded by Taeyeon’s scent and she wonders if maybe she could keep this after, if maybe she can wear it around the dorm or backstage at shows, or while in queue while recording or-

“Did you run up here without thinking?” Taeyeon chuckles, her eyes twinkling at the adorable girl before her and snapping her out of her trance. “I mean, I know you probably missed me a lot but we can’t have Wonder Girls’ Sunmi getting sick because of me.”

Sunmi smacks Taeyeon on the shoulder before lurching forward and pulling her into a tight embrace, missing her closeness and not failing to notice her shivering and teeth chattering.

“You must be cold now,” Sunmi mumbles into the shorter girl’s shoulder.

“Not anymore.”

And the two stay like that for a while until Taeyeon decides to pull them back into the building, realizing there’s no point in them both getting sick, no matter how beautiful the night was.

And so they decide to sit on the top of the steps, catching up with each other on recent events and somehow there’s so much to talk about despite there only being three days since the last time they saw each other.

Soon Taeyeon is laughing at one of Sunmi’s strange jokes and her hand finds its way onto Sunmi’s bare thigh, causing the younger girl to instantly turn red. She thought she was used to Taeyeon’s skin ship but she didn’t expect that. The hand feels like it’s fire and Sunmi can feel herself sweating. The older girl doesn’t fail to notice, especially with the goosebumps forming on the leg and the redness of Sunmi’s skin.

“Do I still make you nervous?” Taeyeon asks with a slight smirk, but the confidence in her words are contradicted by the pink in her own cheeks. She swallows the lump in as Sunmi’s still frozen, refusing to speak.

“You don’t need to be nervous around me,” Taeyeon continues, but for Sunmi’s sake she removes her hand and rubs the back of her neck.

Sunmi was doing so well with the whole not being nervous thing. Before Taeyeon’s hand found its way to her thigh, Sunmi was playing with it, playing with her fingers and was even pressing it against her cheek in the middle of conversation.

The air is silent this time and all Sunmi can hear is the sound of her heart beating so hard against her chest. Her palms are sweaty as her hands go up and down her legs in an attempt to calm herself down, but suddenly Taeyeon grabs one of her hands before using the other to turn her head around to face her straight on.

And there’s this look in Taeyeon’s eyes that Sunmi will soon learn to be a very important signal. A signal she gladly takes advantage of after that night.

“Close your eyes.”

And suddenly lips graze against her own for about a second and she opens her eyes immediately at the loss of contact to see Taeyeon pink up to her ears. But before Taeyeon can say anything, Sunmi’s the one leaning forward and her lips press firmly against the older girl’s.

It’s awkward and it’s her first time and this is how most kisses looked like on dramas anyway, so she should be okay right? But then Taeyeon’s leaning forward into her, her lips no longer stiff, moving this time and she wraps her arms around her neck and suddenly Sunmi’s in a daze. She tries to imitate Taeyeon’s movements, hoping she’s not too awful of a kisser.

It’s silent for a while as the two look away from each other to catch their breath. Sunmi’s hand automatically reaches up to touch her lips, not believing what just happened. She’s resisting the greatest urge to mutter ‘omo’ to herself over and over again, but is betraying her, making stifled sounds instead.

Taeyeon sees this after calming herself down and immediately bursts into laughter.

“You’re too cute!” she’s clutching her stomach and she’s relieved because now she’s laughed her nerves away.

“So cute that you want to kiss me again, right?” Sunmi surprises herself with her own words but definitely doesn’t regret them when Taeyeon leans forward to kiss her again and again and again.

And for the next week or so, if they’re not able to meet up for a date, Taeyeon’s at her complex again in the middle of the night and this time they’re both prepared to spend a few hours on the rooftop. But despite being properly dressed, they’re still wrapped up in each other’s arms under the moonlight, talking about everything and nothing, exchanging secrets and exchanging kisses.

---

It’s something she sees on a drama, several dramas in fact, and it’s cheesy, so cheesy to the point where Sohee threatens to disown her as a friend for even daring to do such a thing. But Sunmi protests, knowing exactly what she wants to do, no matter how cheesy it may be. Promise items, couple items, they symbolized something important to her. Her days, her nights, the time she’s spent with Taeyeon had seemed so fragile, so unbelievable and Sunmi wanted something to reassure her that it was all very real, that it was concrete and that it wasn’t going to go away anytime soon.

And it’s well worth the effort, the slight embarrassment and once again endless teasing from her friends because Taeyeon’s mouth won’t close upon opening the box, her eyes round with wonder.

“This is mine,” Sunmi declares proudly, holding up her arm and showing off the bracelet she made for herself that matched in design.

“How come mine is a necklace and yours is a bracelet?” Taeyeon asks with a slight tilt of the head. “Shouldn’t we be matching exactly?”

Sunmi glances to the side as she laughs nervously, “Ah, well, it seems that I didn’t have enough twine by the time I got to mine so it was only long enough to make a bracelet instead of another necklace.”

Taeyeon’s staring at the necklace in her hands. It’s a little crude looking, red twine decorated with a few chains and fake crystals, but she loves it, adores it and knows that she’ll keep it close to her heart for a long time. She’s always had a soft spot for overly sentimental gifts, even if they were a little cheesy.

“Normally, these kinds of things make me cringe,” Taeyeon laughs as she places the necklace around her neck. “But somehow, coming from you this makes me really happy.”

Sunmi’s eyes are shining so bright that you can almost see the stars in them. Despite her previous confidence and certainty, she was worried that maybe Taeyeon would think it wasn’t just corny, but childish as well. But she recognizes the proud and gleeful smile playing on the older girl’s lips and she wants to scream in triumph.

But the next thing Taeyeon says catches her off guard and she’s pink from head to toe.

“So is this you claiming me as yours?” Taeyeon asks with a waggle of her eye brows.

Sunmi shoves her over a little in embarrassment, “Why do you have to say it like that?” She’s pouting and her arms are crossed and she’s looking away, but she’s waiting with bated breath.

Instead of getting a proper response, Taeyeon grabs a hold of Sunmi and tickles her sides, laughing maniacally as Sunmi tries to shove her away in protest. She’s whining and struggling against Taeyeon’s grip, trying her best to escape the attack. But soon the tickling stops and Taeyeon catches the younger girl by surprise by leaving a soft, tender kiss on her lips. And when she leans closer, their foreheads touching as they both catch their breath, Sunmi realizes that that’s the only answer she needs.