Our Path

Nycthophilia

Everyone in silence. No one dare to speak. Only Dara sob echoed around the room. Everything is decided. Tomorrow, the four best friend will lost their one member. Bom, the one who will disappeared was sitting on her bed. Her gae was blank. Dara was next to her patted Bom tummy. Younbae and Jiyong sighed then sighed, then sighed again. They also lost their world. Bom on the other hand had no move. She sat like statue only her tears and her hands were moving. Alongside with Dara hands she patted her tummy. She whispered “Everything will be ok, my son.”

“Thank you guys. Tomorrow everything will be different. I hope no one will speak about this. There is one day, all our brothers and sisters will discover this, and I hope you will tell them wisely. Once again, Thank you very much.”

Dara gave necklace to Bom, a jewel necklace with Bom’s shape on the necklace stone.

“At least you’ll know that your name is Bom.” Dara whispered on Bom’s ear while she put the necklace on her neck.

:::::::::::::::

15 Oktober 3 AM.

“Congratulation Bom, you have a son.”

“Park Junhong, thankyou for survive.” Bom whispered to her son whom lied next to her. She examined everything on her son, her tiny fingers, her tiny nose, her tiny lips, her red skin. Her tears followed after. She closed her eyes and kissed his forehead.

::::::::::::::::

Bom and Junhong was sitting on the bench above a big tree. They both were tired for cleaning the entire garden. Bom was sweating and took long breath.

“Mom.” Junhong called her mother.

“Hm?” Bom responded her and looked at him very gently.

“Why are we leaving in here? I mean why mental hospital?” Wind blew so hard, Bom took a deep breath once again. All leaves she had been swept flew. The yellow leafs from the big tree above them fell. Bom looked at the clear sky above them. Eight years little Junhong also looked at the sky. Bom blinked, and look at Junhong again. Both of them looked at each other.

“Mom was a patient here.” It was so hard to tell him actually. Admitting that you were a mental person was not hard. It was harder when you confessed to your own son.

“You were a mental person?” Bom nodded.

“I could not remember who am I, where did I came from and everything and I just could not remember anything. That was why they put me here. Untill now, I could not remember anything. Montsh has passed, they knew that I were not a mental person only forget everything. Auntie Chaerin and Uncle Yongguk found me in the forest lost uncouncious while you were in my womb.” Then the tears that she held second ago was wrecked. A drop, two drops tears was out. She looked away from her son and looked at the sky again. It was like the sky was a tears blocker for her. The memory was really hard to recall, all she did was scream and cried, she did not remember anything and it was so hard. “Chaerin auntie found my necklace and named me Bom. That couple who were took care of me all this long.” Bom wiped her tears, and touched her necklace she was wearing. Bom then smiled, she was remembering the good people around her while she was in the blackout brain state.

“Mom?” Bom moved her head again towards Junhong. “It is ok. Do not cry. You are not right now, right? Besides, even so you are still my mom, the only one I have in this world.”

“That is not true. Chaerin and Yongguk offered me to live in their house. Both of them work in here. Yongguk uncle has this hospital. But I refused to live with them, and live here instead. That couple has no child to be rised so when you were born, they were so happy, and taking care of you just like their son. Everyone actually was happy over your birth. Everyone here is super nice, I repay the food and clothes they gave me by working here, and sometimes helped the nurses and doctors look over the patient.”

“Hahahaha, I remember when you and Doctor Gong run after one patient. It was so funny mom.” They laugh together. Junhong laugh was so inocent. He laugh very free, he has no weigh on his shoulder. Bom will keep that laugh forever on Junhongs lips. Whatever it cost.

“That’s why, everyone here also loves you Park Junhong.”

:::::::::::::::

“What are you doing bro?”

“I’m leaving, I trust this company to you.”

“What will you do?”

“Search after her. She has our son. I have to find her.”

“But Choi Seunghyun, you.....”

“Just run this company well. I’m leaving.”

:::::::::::::::

“Choi Seuunghyun, could you please help me with these?”

“Ah, sure Mr Kim.. ” The charismatic Choi Seunghyun turned into a labored in the traditional market. Hi journey to find his love brought him into this situation. Eight years had been passed, last information he got that his love was seen in this area. He left everything behind in the city. All his companies was trusted by his friends. Choi Seunghyun never give up, he was into deep love in his heart. He has to find her no matter what it costs. He helped his boss moved all the sack on the carrier. He worked in the market right now.

:::::::::::::::::

“Bom, we run out spices, could you go to this market and find on the list?” Bom was cleaning canteen when the chief auntie called her to buy spices that she had written on the paper.

“Oh, sure. But could you please wait after I clean this?”

“Sure. But not that mart you always visit, they don’t have many things. Go to this Market instead. Go to Mr Kim who sold spices, and because this one is quite heavy told his man to help you, his name was Choi Seunghyun. Told him that you are Mrs. Han relative. He’ll help you right away.”

“I got it.”
::::::::::::::::

That was how the destiny brought them together; Junhong told me everything just like they were all good memories. Her father knew who Bom was, yet he still searched for her no matter what it cost. I relived over that fact. I down my head when I heard all the stories, my heart broken into pieces. The fact that Bom has suffered a lot made me question all this about. I did not know where I came from and who was my parents, but suddenly my path was became a Judge.

Love was mysterious thing, hurt, happiness, agony, protect, laugh, and the feeling of home combined into one. Bom was trained to threw all the feelings but she failed, she refused to become a Gyna murder with only bone and flash. She acknowledged that she had these unseen things called feelings and I did too acknowledged now. I was not afraid anymore to be called weak, because I knew that I was strong. Weakness was necessary too, to know what you truly were. She was brave to be just simple human being, because ‘perfect’ was not really that perfect.

::::::::::::::::::

“And one day, my father told me to run as far as can without asking why. It was actually when a Gyna tried to kill my human Mother, my dad was there to help her, but what power human being only have? Of course he won. Kang Daesung uncle told me everything when I was 17. I am over 100 years old right now By the way, this school stuff get pretty boring so I will ended it here. Well, since I was in my mother womb when she was a Judge, so my face remain still. ”

Again he continued his story, I feel the agony in the edge of his lips when he smirked, he was hurting I knew. He refused to close her eyes this time, he did not wanted to remember all the pain. But different with me, I did imagine that entire thing and my tears fell again without my control. He hold the pain such long time, and after he killed V, i did not know his true feelings right now, I hope he was happy.

Junhong raised my head and erase my tears, he gave me the sweetest smile he get just like I was the one who experienced everything. Of course the burn feeling came again, but nothing will hurt me more. He took my hand and gave me something, it was necklace. Bom’s necklace. I smiled immediately that part of Bom was left behind.

“For you” He gave me that necklace, and I pursed my eyebrow, without a sound he understood that I need an explanation. “Dad told me that when my Mother was still a Judge, she talked about you a lot, along side with your three friends, but somehow my mother felt that the girl named Lee Hayi will be the part of me. I don’t even understand why. That’s why I keep my eyes on you, protect you, and everything because of my mother.” I admitted I was shocked, He knew me for the first time I stepped this school but he did not say a word to his friends. “But the thing was, I thought it was because of my mother the desire to protect you, but I further I knew it was not. And how I want that this is just one side because a Judge will get this burn in their entire body if they fell in love. I just realized that I touched you a lot, imgine if you have feelings toward me, you will be this so much pain.”

He looked away in the forest, he lend his back on the bench that we were sitting on now, he talked so relaxed that everything he was said was an absolute true. So  my head down again and squeezed Bom necklace. I did wanted keep that, but it was Junhong memories with her mother, prove that there was a women called Bom and she was Junhong mother. I took his hand and the burn feeling came again, I placed the necklace on her palm.

“It is not belong to me Choi Junhong.” Besides, this necklace was not the only Bom left behind, I looked at him who still day dream and looked at the sky. Bom left this boy called Junhong.

::::::::::::::::::

I will continue my path became A judge, it was not because I was affraid that I have to lose memory. But Choi Junhong and I decided to live our life and hoping for second llife.

::::::::::::::::

Seoul 25 February 20XX

“Ah, I .” A woman around his 27 burried her face on the table. The paper and the pen all messed up on the floor. A man with his hand was holding a coffee put on of the crumble sheet and read it.

“Hey, Lee Hayi this one is nice.” Lee Hayi looked at the sheet she just threw and looked at the Man with ‘are you kidding’ gae. The man laughed lightly and place the coffee on the table. “Here, less sugar your favorite.”

“You, Choi Junhong, you can relax like this because you are not a solo. My company told me to write my song. Or should I ask for his help?” She giggled when with blush.

“Lee Hayi don’t you dare to imagine just two of you in a studio or even in the public place because I’ll be there even just my shadow.”

“Are you my boyfriend or my father?” And he just raised his shoulder and they laugh together.

::::::::::::::::

Thankyou for following, subscribing, commenting my story. Have a nice day.