The Girl Named Lee Hayi

Nycthophilia

Morning in the Mideast is quite sunny, but the wind was so loud. The grass was quite green, it covered all the ground in front of the big building with huge field, huge enough to make you lost. This building was second biggest beside the hospital, despite of how secluded this city and the houses that pretty friendly to the nature.

She was breathing out loud that you might think that was a wind blew. Her cheek bone which was stick up in her cheek was seen red, with her nose, she cover her nose for cold and after she put her hands in the pocket made a sure face and step forward.

She arrived in the main hall, place that you can almost saw an entire student, she lost her confident as always before all eyes turned into her the ball rang, saved her from awkwardness. She was sighing, no one recognized her yet, and so the girl looked for her class.

She waited outside the class look for everything that catch her attention, she sometimes puffed her cheeks to kill the time even sometimes took a glance in the class activity, it was chaos no teacher yet.

Fingers suddenly on her shoulder, her eye almost popped out alongside with her heart she grabbed the finger and twisted them her action made a sound out from a mouth, the mouth of the owner of the finger. She was surprised more than the finger owner. She nicely released her grip felt so sorry.

“New kid, huh?” It was the teacher. Man. Seemed like he hide his humiliation, the scream he made all the students looked for what happened. It also made Hayi cheek color look liked a steamed crab. She nodded for the question. “What are you guys looking at? Sit in your chair. And you.” His finger straight the new kid “Follow me.”

What a nice first impression, she thought.

:::::::::::::::::

“Introduce your self.” Ordered the teacher without wasting time. The square room pretty much made Hayi felt shiver. The stare or you can called the gaze was a sign to not stick to me ever. She gulped her saliva. There were many boys in there, but the girl were almost the same with the boys, somehow they looked tough. The class actually not that bad, to be honest it was clean and comfortable, only the host made it looked like it was a ghost house.

“My name is Lee Hayi, I am from Desouth.”

“Woo, are you made from glass, because I can break you into pieces.” What a ‘friendly’ comment from a boy, it was actually rude for a girl. Desouth was a city that all building made from glass, you barely seen green, it was so gray in there. It was really opposite to this village. Hayi was not very adapted for the weather, hence her cheek always red.

“Why? your cheeks are not comfortable to the weather, huh?” All the students laugh for the jokes, some just smiling. Some just moved their lips, some just smirk.

“Stop it guys. You, search you sit and we begin the class, quietly.” The teacher made the pressure in the last word.

::::::::::::::

Hayi found her sit next to window, she examined her classroom, thanks to her teacher who called their name one by one little bit Hayi knew that the one who shouted the joke was Gray and Pyo. The first one was Gray, she did not like him her gaze was the most intimidating of all.

She looked out the window, she found scenery that see barely seen, the tress which stood next to each other, when the wind blew they hug each other made their special sound when leave against each other, cuddle each other. Do not forget about the grass, green with the colorful flower when the wind blew then dandelion feel in the air. Hayi smiled.

“Something you can not see every day isn’t?” sound from next to her, a masculine guy, she can her legs almost reach the chair in front of her, he was tall. She surprised that someone actually saw what she did. “I am, from different village too. By the way don’t worry about Gray and Pyo. Gray looked scary but not really, and Pyo likes jokes.” Hayi did not give any reaction but nodded, no matter what he said about Gray she did not changed her feelings toward him, she did not like him. “I am Zelo by the way, if you want to know.” Hayi nodded second time. He smiled, Hayi could not deny that it made him ten times cuter, her masculine face change all of sudden. “See, you are not quite talkative. Welcome red cheeks.” He then looked in the board like the conversation never happened. Hayi blushed little when he called her Red Cheeks.

::::::::::::::::

“Hay.. Lee Hayi?” It was lunched time Hayi looked for the corner of the canteen, where she can examine around her when the chopstick would touch someone approached her, she was a girl. Hayi did not react. “Ah, I am your neighbor in the C dorm, 139 it is your room right? I am Jimin. Park Jimin.” Hayi nodded again. She was very friendly, Hayi quite comfortable. “I am so sorry I did not visit you last night, I was busy with you know school stuff.”

“It is ok.” Answered Hayi shortly. She smiled as she welcome her.

“I am just afraid that you can not talk.” They both smile.

:::::::::::::::

Hayi had many question in her head, she just spend her night in dorm just like a prison, did not eat only drink for her refrigerator in her room. She bare to not have dinner, the corridor in the dorm was quite crowd, with laugh, words. She did not let her face to be seen, somehow the little girl felt scared even she was not that kind of person. She just sat read her novel that she brought from her old house in the Desouth.

9 p.m. the crowd was gone. Hayi closed her novel she found this was so weird, the teenagers like what Hayi have been seen afraid of the teacher who made the rules? Scared for the night? At least any sounds of group of students, are they that coward. Hayi bit her lips, sweat from her forehead that she was not even sure why she was seating. She wore her slipper; slowly reach the knob of her door. Hayi cursed the teacher who did not tell her everything about the rules. Hayi reached the knob and suddenly a person in front of her door, she was almost screamed but she recognized that face it was Jimin.

“I am so sorry if I surprised you but you have to lock your door at 9 p.m. I will tell you everything tomorrow, I was so busy today. If you don’t someone probably come in your room and drink your blood.” She said so slowly almost whisper, Hayi open and pursed her eyebrow.

“What are you talking about? It is not funny.” Hayi protest of the way she told nonsense.

“I am not kidding I will tell you everything tomorrow like I said, sleep. Ok.” Jimin left Hayi stood like statue then a phrase suddenly in her mine. ‘Drink her blood.” Hayi locked her door immediately.

:::::::::::::::::::

Hayi could not sleep night after; the sign under her eyes spoke the truth. She found her self sat in her classroom after thinking all nigh she could not close her eyes for second. Bell suddenly rang; all the students one by one enter the class. She could see familiar faces Gray with her cold stone face, Pyo with her cheerful laugh and this was familiar situation just wait until the teacher came and they upper lips and the lower lips stick together. Hayi actually pretty surprise despite how not friendly her class was they quite obedient student.

“Hei Red cheeks see your cheeks are adapted well, they are no longer red.” Hayi avoided aye contact after the last word of Zelo she looked at the window and touched both her cheeks. She could hear Zelo laughing lightly. She turned to face him. “I will call you Red Cheeks from now, or should I call you Panda’s eye? Could not sleep?” Hayi embarrass her white skin made all color stood up, now it was black in her face.

“I guess she found out already.” A students next to Zello spoke out, if she did not mistaken his name was Yunhyung. His family name was song. Zelo and Hayi turned their head to him. Hayi thought that the boy was quite friendly. And then both of them looked at the board just like the conversation never happened again. What is wrong with these people, Hayi thought.

“Yeah, the stupid myth.”

::::::::::::::::::::

“They keep disappearing, the students, they not under control they cross the line.”

“Who’s turn now?”

“It is you.”

“The time has come then. How do I found them?”

“They like to show up about their abilities.”

“It is not an answer. I’ll find them. Do not worry.”

“Be careful, if you use your feelings.....”

“I do know.”

“I just don’t want to see you ended like our old sister, remember?”

“I know.”

:::::::::::::::::

“So, you have been read the entire book I told you about the myth?” Jimin approached her at lunch time again, somehow they became friends, and they were not classmate. Jimin and Hayi only have time at lunch or dinner. They talked about lots; Jimin was a busy student, all teachers always called her for help. “No answer, it is obvious. Your eyes say all.” Hayi just noded, she felt so sleepy. “By the way, there is a rumor.” Jimin whispering obviously did not want her voice to be heard.

“What?” Hayi suddenly raised her head, all her sleepy was gone. Jimin got closer.

“The rumor about the group you always see gather right there, right there, right there, she pointed the way with her head. Hayi’s eyes looked followed the way. “First, it is Gray group there are Gray his self, Mino, Zico, Zelo, Pyo, Seungyoon, Taehyun, Jinwoo, Seunghoon and D.O. They group just like mix, you know there are tough and sweet guy in there like a gangster. Hayi looked at the group that Jimin explained Pyo, Gray, and Zelo were her classmate, she did not know about the others. “And then, in that way there is Suga, Rapmoon, J-hope, Jimin...

“Eh?” Hayi cutted her, asked for clarification.

“Yeah he has same name with me.” Hayi found it really funny. She cover her laugh almost laugh. “Shut up or I will not go on...” Hayi still smiling, but looked serious again. “V, Yi Bo, Jackson, Mark, Donghyuk, They are kinda cute group somehow.” Jimin stop both of them looked to the group just for second before they got caught talked about them.

“Yeah, I kinda agree. V and Suga are my classmate.” Hayi nodded agreed with the cute titled.

“And then, there are Sehun, Seungyoun, Kai, Chanyeol, Jinwhan, rich, handsome, all gather around how could that possible. But they have feuded somehow with that group.” Jimin pointed the way with her head again Hayi looked at the direction. “There are BI, Yunhyung, Junhoe, Chanwoo. They have cold relationship.”

“Why?” Hayi curious.

“Legacy, heirs, kind of like that. Both of the group was rich but their family had been feud for years so with their generation also.” Hayi had weird feeling after know all the myth and the entire group Jimin explained, from begin Hayi feeling was right, there is something weird about this school. Hayi suddenly looked at her right, she felt someone watched her but when she looked all group just busy with their business. Then suddenly it was snowing.

“Ji...jimin it is .... Snowing...” Hayi frightened of all she faced in front of her; it was snow in her lunch tuble. “Jimin!!” Hayi shacked Jimin’s hand who was busy looked at Sehun group.

“What?”

“It is snowing!?”

“What a nonsense. Look around you.” Hayi looked in front there was no snow at all. It made her pale. And shiver she could not talk. “I guess you should sleep.”

“Right...”

:::::::::::::::::::

, they have Illusion ability.