The Judges

Nycthophilia

Flame emerged through Hayi’s eyes that still closed her eyes; she pursed her eyebrow for the sudden flow. She could predict the flame was from the light blub because sun’s flame was not this white that made her confused since all she could remember was a full dark. She opened her eyes slowly, made her eyes used to see light, and finally she could fully see. The flame was from the light blub as she predict before, the white was from the white wall with full of weird smell, medicine smell.

She could see Zelo and Jimin’s face clearly right now, they frown, worried, restless, or that what Hayi hope. Where was she anyway? Zelo open his eyes wide open, followed by Jimin when Hayi open her eyes. It was small room, hospital probably. Zelo stood beside Jimin  the height difference was completely seen. His heir who almost closed his eyes looked messed. His eyes looked so tired.

“Lee Hayi, what did happen to you?” Zelo looked so worry, he almost yell actually his voice higher as usual when he talked to Hayi

“Hayi, someone found you next to library lost your conscious.” Jimin explained what has happened to Hayi, she remain silent. Hayi was thinking, lost her words, she asked herself also, what was happened to her?”

“I did not know, I just from the library for assignment and I......” Hayi stoped, tried hard to remember what was just happened. She looked at Jimin’s face that was waiting for her answer, Zelo looked the same. “I, I did not remember anything, I just remember that I was from the library that was it.” They quite, frown; Jimin and Zelo who stood next to her looked each other and then looked back at Hayi who lied on the white bed.

“What?” Jimin wanted to make Hayi repeated her sentences. It was very clearly actually, Jimin could not believe how come Hayi forgot what has happened to her. Hayi did not answer that question, Hayi believed it was pretty clear. Jimin then took long breath Zelo sat next to Hayi on the bed. She examined Zelo’s face, he looked so messy. “I am so sorry Hayi, it was because me,” Jimin looked so sorry, it was because the assignment that Hayi rushly to do.

“No, do not mention it anymore, Jimin.”

“How is your leg?” Zelo spoke again this time she looked have lost his one week sleep.

“Leg?” Hayi asked back, then she felt something hurt in her leg just now, not only her head was also felt like wanted to blow up she looked to her right leg, there was no scar, but blue printed just like ink have been spilled around her leg, it was blue almost purple. A hand suddenly in Hayi’s head, it was big hand from Zelo, touched her just like last time he check her condition again, Hayi froze for the sudden touch.

“Is that really hurt? Say something?” Zelo looked for something in Hayi head. “Thank god, your head is fine. Seemed like there is no scar.”

“Zelo, doctor have been examined everything, there is no scar in Hayi’s head.” Jimin looked Zelo disbelieved. Hayi looked at Jimin confused. “Your head next to big rock and you lied on pebble. Zelo thought that you probably have scar in the part of your head. Doctor had check on it but nothing found.” Hayi then looked at Zelo her eyes focuses on her forehead, did not look at her at all. “I guess, I have a class. Be Hayi, I’ll come at lunch.”

Zelo then looked at Hayi’s leg now with miserable gaze, he touched the bruise in her leg, Hayi pursed and little bit moan, then she grinned and bit her lips. Zelo looked at Hayi expression, he immediately lifted his hand.

“I am so sorry.” Zelo did not looked at Hayi’s face, he keep looking at the bruise.

“For what?” Hayi confused at his sudden apologize, but Zelo kept shut, to think about it, Zelo looked at her in the eyes when she just opened her eyes. “Zelo...”

Door that Jimin just closed opened again, Hayi and Zelo looked who made it open. The light from the shadow made a reflection of strong boy shown in front of door; he then stepped closer to look at Hayi’s condition.

“Hayi, are you ok? What did happened to you?” A strong voice aslo, he looked worry Hayi welcome his with big smile, it was BI.

“I will take something for compress your leg.” Without answer from Hayi, Zelo left the room.

:::::::::::::::::

One week after the incident, Hayi leg’s bruise begin to recover. Everything back to normal, or what they believed to be normal. Snow become harder, Hayi felt used to it already, she began to wear thick cloth that she entered in her locker at the school when enter a class. The cold of weather made Hayi did not concentrate of the lesson she got that day, she kept thinking about what happened to her last week, the progress ogf her relationship with her and BI and since the last word of Zelo in the hospital, he nowhere to be seen.

Hayi favorite scenery was not the garden any longer, but the empty spot beside her, it was only Pyo and Zico who knew Zelo very well, but they release no words about Zelo. Hay also asked Yunhyung, the sweet guy who smiled at her after Zelo in that school he also shake her head did not have any clue.

Hayi looked at her leg, she could not remember anything about how could she got that, although her leg was cover by sock it Hayi clearly see that because how many question that bruise could cause and do not forget the pain. Hayi almost felt nothing right now, it was not because Zelo who he said the last time wanted to decrease the pain by compress it, but it was BI who took after her all the time Zelo was missing.

:::::::::::::::::::

Break time bell was rang, a good sound to be heard by all student, Hayi as usual kept her belonging in the proper place before she left the class for lunch. She somehow wanted to get out from the class immediately, just incase Zelo’s shadow show up. She did not walked in rush, but suddenly she bumped a stone body, she looked up who the chest she just crash with. It was Gray, she looked at Hayi with so much hate just like she just burn his house, but it was not fully her fault.

“Sorry Hayi, it was our fault.” Pyo calmly spoke the words, and dragged Gray out of class in rush again. It was a rare situation when Pyo looked so serious there was something they up to this time Hayi was serious about it, and she believe whatever it was, there was no any goodness in it.

Lunch time Hayi was alone, Jimin was busy. it does not mater on Hayi actually, she needed time alone also, to think about what actually happened to all of this entire school, the coldness of the winter made the situation felt so thriller. Hayi was busy thinking, she did not realize that someone actually sat in front of her, looked at her expression.

“What’s bother you?” BI staked her head with his hand, his eyes full of innocent, just like five old child who wonders about anything.

“Ah?” Hayi surprised by her voice. She realized just by now that there was someone in front of Hayi.

“What is you thinking about?”

“Ah, nothing.” Hayi hide her curiosity from BI even there were so much to ask about actually. But Hayi just wanted to make it her personal problem.

“You know what Hayi, curiosity could kill sometimes.” BI left Hayi gave her space for herself.

:::::::::::::::::::

Hayi tried new things today, she visited the pitch to make her mind relax because it was winter, there were not much student who showed up, just some random boy and girl. Girl mostly because they wanted to see some club practice even in the winter day. She made sure her coat cover all her body, afternoon wind calm her mind almost every time, that was why she chose this place, did not know it was a best decision or not. She could saw BI played with ball, he was really good at it. It was their break, Hayi clearly see that BI approaching a girl in the nearest bench from the pitch they looked like somehow very lovey dovey.

Hayi took a deep breath, and immediately left the place. She came down bench by bench, made her self to be unseen as possible, she even did not know what the reason was. And then she bumped again at someone, this time it was V her classmate. Not much they could talk about so Hayi decide just greeted her and passed by. And then Hayi suddenly wanted to ask something to him.

“V,!” Her cute classmate looked at her and make his eyes bigger. “Perhaps, have you ever seen Zelo lately?”

“Zelo, oh I just saw him around Library.”

“Thankyou V.”

Without being told, Hayi’s feet naturally lead to where Hayi always spend her time against the winter wind Hayi rashly went to there; hope to see Zelo with his tall figure. She stepped of sloppy road that all cover by snow, Hayi even fall once.

Hayi arrived at the building out of breath, and enter the building, she turned her head to left and to right search for every corner, but seems like the tall boy was not around. She sat on one of the chair near the window, Hayi suddenly stood for what just she saw. It was Zelo, he wore a black hoodie with the hoodie cover his head but it was definitely Zelo for his body, his figure. It was him. So Hayi run again, and followed the land Zelo just stepped.

She arrived at where Zelo last seen, there were a building it seems an old building, because it was an afternoon, the sun still in the sky so Hayi felt less scared, the door was wide open, it has two doors side by side but only one opened, Hayi gulped made sure of her decision to enter the abounded building. When she entered there were nothing in there, the big square room with only one, two chairs and table, Hayi got closed to the table which there were many white papers. What could be the paper about? From what she have been seen, it was all birthday date written in the paper.

Kim Nam Joon : September 12

Min Yoon Gi : March 9

Jung Ho Soek : February 19

Park Jimin : October 13

Kim Tae Hyung : December 30

Wang Yi Bo : August 5

Jackson Wang : March 28

Mark Yi Eun : September 4

Kim Donghyuk : January 3

These birthday Hayi saw, she did not know who just wrote that because from the handwritten it seemed whoever wrote this she/he seemed in hurry. Hayi suddenly get out from that room, she looked at left and right looked confused, she ran to her class, she forgot about Zelo.

::::::::::::::::

Hayi entered the class with somehow swollen eyes, her eyes was so glossy she looked like just had been crying. Hayi passed through V’s chair but he held her asked her condition, but Hayi just smiled and said that she was fine.

The last lesson of the class today, she could not get the lesson very clearly she kept thinking and connected all the things had happened to her and all the weirdness she saw. The accident in the night that made Hayi’s leg all bruise, the voice she heard, the illusion she got, the weird feeling of someone kept watching whatever she was doing, the birthday she saw and then the last the missing Zelo. And Hayi just felt she was watching again, she turned her head to right, Yunghyung looked at her just like someone scared, he shiver it looked clearly, his breath was run out, she stare at her. Hayi pursed her eyebrow again, what happened to him. She asked. Finally the ball rang, saved her from intense gaze of Yunghyung.

Hayi was the last one to get out from the class, when her feet almost reach the door her hand was grabbed by someone, locked her at the corner of the room and closed . Hayi had to raise her head to look at his face, he was tall. He was Zelo.

“Look Hayi, no mater what happen closed your door tonight. Do not ever you open it even you heard my voice or someone familiar.” Hayi who was shocked by Zelo sudden appearance. Hayi without her realize her tears wet her cheeks, and wet Zelo’s hand also. It made Zelo confused. Zelo also without he realized hugged Hayi now, somehow made her calm, maybe he thought Hayi was really afraid. But in Zelo embrace Hayi tears fell even harder.

Zelo made Hayi calm and Hayi stopped crying, “Remember what I said, Red Cheeks.” And then Zelo jumped for the window of her classroom, he headed toward a place. She then back to head the door but Yunghyung was there, stood with the same expression he just showed.

“Who are you?” Said Yunhyung. Hayi was very shocked to hear that, she open speechless.

“Yunghyung, you open your mouths, then you die you know that well right?” Said Hayi warn him.

::::::::::::::::::::

December 29 11:55 P.M.

In the winter night, there were about three body lie on the bed of white snow; all of them are girl their hands and feet were tied by rope. There was a  girl still get her conscious she looked extremely terrified, the boy with an evil smirk in his lips ready to made a scar in her neck, to make all the blood from her out. And the scar has been opened he was ready to drink it, the fresh blood but then..

“Well, well, nice plan V, or should I kill you, Kim Taehyung?” The boy called Kim Taehyung smiled; felt so bother his activity was disturbed. He turned his head to see who was the one.

“Ah, you.”

“Are you dumb? All the fresh blood in your birthday celebration is useless. We are, Judges still unbeatable.”

“How do you know it was me?”

“I was clueless, but someone just gave me a hint.”

“Ah, Zelo I should kill him in the first place. You are so claver Miss Lee Hayi, but you could not kill me today. You are weak already. You are in love honey. Don’t you?”

“Rubbish!”

::::::::::::::::::

One person can speak telepathy, one person can erase memories, one person can heal, one person can read the past, and one person.... wanted to be unbeatable to the Judges, what an interesting Gynas.