Wow Wow Wow

The Witty Gentleman Who Ruined Me

The more I think about it, the more I get intimidated standing in front of this dazzling gentleman. His dark-chocolate brown hair was neatly styled like he’s meant to go to a photo-shoot. His slick charisma was even more magnified by the all black suit that he is wearing and now I can’t even say a single word.  

WHY ON EARTH DID I WEAR A PLAIN TSHIRT AND PARTNERED IT WITH JEANS? Now, this part of my life is called – frustrating.

Embarrassment is already creeping in; I can’t stand this any longer. I should think fast and steal this chance as a moment to say goodbye when he abruptly interrupted my epic attempt to muster my cowardly infused courage.

“I believe we need to get inside now. The table that I reserved for us is already prepared.” He said without even introducing himself. His well-modulated deep voice sounded so manly in my ears.

“Ahh, I can’t. I have an appointment right now.” I said to him while trying to avoid stuttering. My tongue is probably suffering from muscle cramps right now.  Sigh. It is such a SHAME.

“Oh, I forgot – sorry for not giving you a proper greeting. I can’t believe it slipped my mind.” He said in a hurry, he sounded so sincere and all of a sudden he formally did a bow in front of me while saying –

“Hello, I’m Junjin. Your best friend and my Hyung set us up to get to know more about each other. Please take care of me.” After saying this, he lifted his head with an absolute poise of a well-mannered lad and my brain stopped working again.

He continued to explain; “I already know your name and also recognized you while you’re walking towards this place. I was looking at you. I think I might have over did my dating tutorial with Eric Hyung.” His face looked so apologetic towards me and the edge of his ears is also turning crimson red.

“It’s just; it has been 7 years since I last did this sort of thing. I’m sorry if I startled you.” - he started to remove my bag which is still hanging on his neck and gave it back with a respectful distance from me. I can’t explain why it’s more uncomfortable that he is maintaining a void between us.

“It’s okay, I am apologetic too that you needed to go all the way there to dig me out from the crowd. Thank you for rescuing me.” I know I owe him a piece of gratitude.

He clapped his hands together upon hearing me speak. He recovered fast. It’s like he is back on his pace again. I’ll do my best to catch up. I can’t be humiliated like this.

“Wow wow wow! Thank you too!” His beaming smile brought me back to reality. Awkwardness left us due to his bright statement.  I needed this – NO, we needed this.

“It will be fine to me to drop our honorifics. Eric Oppa is a very close sunbaenim towards me and to my best friend.  I think, he knew what exactly he was doing.” I smiled with the thought of all the planning that our sunbaenim did. He is such a pleasant person but romantically sneaky too to orchestrate a meet up for me with his sworn dongsaeng (younger sibling).

“You may call me Oppa then and I will come up with a cute nickname for you. Is that okay?” Junjin said that casually, it made me think we knew each other for so long. His voice sounded like he is really having fun from the bottom of his heart.

I nodded my head and he opened the door of the restaurant for me. He looked like a very excited kid, I was moved.