60 Seconds

The Witty Gentleman Who Ruined Me

I’ve been swimming in this crowded place since a while ago. Why do all people go manic about mall sales? I am being pushed easily from one side to another without making an effort to move. I can’t accept the fact that I will be in an obvious trap today.

I’ll be arriving late for sure. If I just don’t love my best friend I could have ran away from this blind date that she set up for me.

It’s been 7 years. It’s pretty much long but I’ve been very good on waiting. I am a patient person but not the kind of patient that the dictionary defines. My patience is conditional; I can only wait for the people that I love.

The immense number of people had this furious force over me that I was not able to avoid myself from drowning. I was dragged on a corner and tripped on one of the protruded standees.

NO – I CAN’T BE STEPPED ON BUT WHO WILL FIND ME IN THIS MESS? JUSTICE PLEASE!!!

My phone was vibrating insanely inside my sling bag and I am too busy trying to stand up when a gentle hand came out of nowhere and grabbed my wrist with care. His controlled force enabled me to get back on my feet and he took my orange leather bag from my shoulders too.

“It’s been 60 seconds already. I can’t stand watching you suffer.” He said.

My height can’t give enough justice for my existence beside him. He towered over me with that protective stance of a knight without an armor. His hand is still obviously embracing my wrist without being too forceful. I appreciate it.

It was good that there’s this number of people around us. It made me realize that he cannot use his long legs for striding; I’ll be left behind for sure. He maintained his politeness as he pushed our way out, apologizing over and over again as he excused ourselves while escorting a clumsy girl like me.

We ended up right just in front of the restaurant where I was supposed to go. I was so thankful that I got here safely. In the middle of my happiness I heard my phone alerted with empty battery and died, my sling bag is currently hanging around his neck. It might have been uncomfortable.

This time, I have all the opportunity to recognize my hero. I took a deep breath to raise my head and appreciate his inhuman attractiveness. He’s sweating like a fountain but I was irrevocably awestruck to see a flawless handsome face of a  man smiling at me for such an unknown reason. Yes, his fascinated eyes were a great match to his well-trimmed thick eyebrows. He had that nose bridge of an actor and that curved delighted lips of a comedian.

I was speechless, I almost forgot my name. WHO AM I AGAIN?

“Hey, why did you decide to get lost alone? Since we are supposed to meet isn’t it more interesting if we did it together?” – he sounded amused but I am so confused.