Junjin REAL

The Witty Gentleman Who Ruined Me

He asked for the food to get served. He didn’t even order yet but the waiters already have a set of gourmet dish on their hands. It was fascinating.

He was thinking very hard where to start. His fingers started to tap with a silent rhythm that’s exclusive for him. I am dying with all the probabilities and it can’t be too absurd that he could have pulled it off using FBI or a special group of agents. I can’t nag him to hurry up and spill the beans. I waited once more and he started on his own accord.

“Should I say that it was a small world? Or should I claim it as our destiny?” He apparently killed me using his story introduction with that cheesy question. I tried hard not to react. I pasted a poker face instead of a smile and there he was – still amused with me.

 “You are really hard to get and I like it that way.” He paused with a crooked smirk and continued.

“I got back here after finishing my studies and gaining some work experience in Europe. I told my father about you and upon hearing the reason why I need to find you, I am very fortunate to have his blessings to search for you too.”

“Upon my arrival here last year, I went straight to a hospital to visit a very close Hyung to me. He had a surgery for his fractured clavicle and I went there to see if he is doing fine. It was not odd to see Dongwan Hyung with a guitar in his room but – AvisPhoenix was engraved on the handle of it.”

“I asked him about it and he told me that it was a second hand item that he bought online. I can’t believe at first that you gave up playing music that you loved the most so I asked him about the owner’s reason for selling. He just said that - the owner was a bird lover; she wants to donate to an old bird sanctuary that is being reconstructed. I had the gut feel that it was you but I need to be sure.” He winked at me and I got paralyzed temporarily, even by that it will be impossible to locate me.

“I know what you are thinking. You gave me a hard time. We both checked your account online and it was gone. You made me act like a complete stalker my lady. I did not have any other choice but to go visit the sanctuary and check it with the supervisor. I was privileged that Mr. Steve is a very meticulous man and kept a record of donations and its amount. It was a shame that in the end, you chose to be Ms. Anonymous again. I am dying with desperation already but he offered to just describe you since that is the only thing that he can do.” Junjin suffered a lot. I am unintentionally apologetic for all of my “could have been decisions” back then.

“Mr. Steve suggested me to check a shop that’s owned by one of his friends based on the bag that you are carrying that day. He told me that it was a designer bag and base from his judgment; you might be a special customer since you had the orange labeled one. The designer sticks to darker and more earthly toned colors but yours didn’t match with the normal theme. ” he sighed when he said the last word. I knew everything, it is obvious that he came again to a dead end with an almost hide and seek game.

“The M Style owner gave me a tough time to meet up with him because of his entire busy schedule. I had to wait three months because he was so busy going on different fashion events all over the world. I just thought of you waiting for 7 years and by that I felt more positive. The hardest thing to accept was when I finally met him; he told me that it was a gift that was asked from him with a unique kind of favor. A guy arranged it for a birthday gift for you.” – He was right. It was really a gift that I adored.

“M Designer was also understanding towards me and gave me the place where I can find him. I was not very hopeful at all that we can start again nor had the intention to steal you just in case you’re already in a romantic kind of relationship. I just want to see you again.” His voice trembled and choked like he was trying to avoid the wrong choice of words. I find his hesitation cute and charming on the other way around. He looks like a deprived toddler.

“Okay, that was I lie.” – He denied his statement on his own.

“I felt so cheated. I was furious. I can’t think properly how to confront him. I was anxious for the first time after that day when I lost you. With the thought of losing you again, I decided to not give you up without a fight. I went to the guy named Andy, this restaurant’s assistant chef.” And he shot a glance on the kitchen area.

“He gave me a hard time. He asked me all the kind of questions that made me more jealous because of the prolonged agony of finding you. I was just grateful that he was honest to let me know that you are a younger sister to him that is why he acted that way. He became fond of you because you’re a very pleasant regular customer here.” He held his chest with his right hand and exhaled like he was saved from a dilemma.

“Andy told me that I should earn your name so he didn’t tell me. I agreed with him about it. He also gave me a suggestion to get introduced to your sunbaenim since the two of them are close to each other like brothers. It was like I am highly favored to have met them to find you but Eric Hyung knew better.” Junjin’s sentence suddenly stopped to admire the remaining piece of information.

“He asked me to sort out my feelings first and don’t get carried away by myself. He made me think to consider a long term goal for my purpose of seeing you again. Hyung suggested imagining of how you will feel if I appear before you all of a sudden. He reminded me to respect your decision no matter what and most of all, approach you as a natural witty gentleman.” I can see from his expression that he was very glad with all the support that he gained all throughout the tiresome search. I felt honored to have him back. He valued my patience so much that I can’t even translate my happiness to somehow make him feel appreciated.

“Junjin Oppa, you are worth waiting for.” And I felt a warmth surge of emotion climbing up my cheeks and I am sure that my face looks so scarlet red right now. I heard him chuckle as I looked down to wrap my face with my trembling palms.

He grabbed my hand and led me to stand from my seat as the song, Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran played in the back ground. He lowered his posture to ask me politely –

“To earn your name, I want you to know the REAL me. Will it be fine for me to take you to the dance floor my princess?”

I had no time to think, no words to spare but to follow his lead and by that moment I decided to tell him my name.

FIN