Hurt

Out of My Mind

Friday morning Chanyeol arrived at the office first. He could barely sleep because of what happened the day before. He was still so angry. He was angry with Junmyeon, with his sunbae and even with himself.

Baekhyun entered Chanyeol’s office and somehow managed to cover the taller guy’s eyes with his hands.

 

“Boo! Good morning!”

 

Baekhyun said always cheerfully and with a smile on his face.

Instead Chanyeol turned, looking mad.

 

“What are you doing?! You can’t be doing this at work! This is not professional behaviour!”

 

Baekhyun stood still, not sure if Chanyeol was joking or being serious.

 

“What’s wrong Chanyeol?”

“Another thing. I think it is best for you to call me Layer Park at work instead. Calling me Chanyeol is unprofessional”.

“What? What’s wrong? Did anything happen?”

“Yesterday at court I got a humiliated by my sunbae. Junmyeon saw when you kissed me.”

 

Realization dawned on Baekhyun.

 

“That shouldn’t have happened. You shouldn’t have…”

“I get it. I’ll check the appointments for the afternoon”.

 

Baekhyun thought Chanyeol was overreacting a little. He was also hurt that Chanyeol felt that Baekhyun was at fault, when the one who usually started was Chanyeol himself.

~ ~

Chanyeol only grew angrier by the day. Perhaps he would have calmed down if he hadn’t gotten a text from Oh Sehun, another colleague.

 

[Oh Sehun: I heard you are dating your new secretary. Must be nice working after hours in your own office ;) ]

 

Chanyeol was so mad. He also felt like running to hug Baekhyun hoping that everything would be better that way, but immediately hated himself for thinking about that instead of doing his work.

Chanyeol was trying to keep on working but snapped again when he found one book out of place.

 

“Agh!!!”

 

He rushed in anger towards Baekhyun who was sitting in his chair with his feet up.

 

“What did I tell you about the book! Everything has its place here! But you, you come in and disregard that entirely, making everything your way, turning everything upside down. Do you even respect this place or what I say? And put your feet down! This is not your home!”

 

Chanyeol’s door shut with a loud bang.

Baekhyun was sitting down, incredulous, not finding a reason to smile.

Chanyeol rushed out of his office and left.

Baekhyun was fighting back tears right now. Everything had its place in the office, except him who was here only temporarily. He understood that Chanyeol was angry, but it wasn’t fair for him to be taking it out on Baekhyun. He said some hurtful things as well. And Baekhyun was sure that Chanyeol forgot that today was his last day at the job.

~ ~

Chanyeol didn’t go back to the office on Friday. He went home afterwards and didn’t feel like calling Baekhyun.

~ ~ ~

Saturday he was feeling more calmed but still had a lot to think and didn’t call Baekhyun either.

~ ~ ~

Sunday he felt like a jerk. He knew he over reacted and blamed Baekhyun for something he had been thinking of doing himself. He really liked Baekhyun. Chanyeol tried calling him but Baekhyun didn’t answer. He couldn’t blame him. He tried several times later in the day but there was still no answer.

 

“It’s ok. He must be mad at me. I’ll make everything up tomorrow”.