Heaven & Hell

Out of My Mind

They hadn’t decided to date yet but they had kissed goodbye that night and Chanyeol feared he could get addicted to it.

He wanted to see him the next day as well but Baekhyun had promise to visit his mom and was going to Bucheon early in the morning. They did talk over the phone while Baekhyun was making his way there and later texted for a bit. Chanyeol felt like a teenager in love.

He wasn’t sure why he felt so attracted to Baekhyun. He had many habits that Chanyeol disliked. Maybe it was his smile, or the softness of his skin, how Baekhyun made him smile after a very long time, or that soapy mint smell that made Chanyeol feel at home. He really didn’t know.

~ ~ ~

Monday morning Chanyeol rushed to his office and saw that Baekhyun was already there. Chanyeol sneaked behind him and gave him a peck on the cheek.

 

“Oh, this is getting to be a habit of yours. You are breaching the contract too much Mr. Park”.

 

Chanyeol pouted making his ‘angry/annoyed’ expression.

 

“That is all entirely your fault. And don’t call me Mr. Park, it makes me sound old”.

“What should I call you? Lawyer nim?”

“Mmm, we need to be professional, so, how about Sunbae?”

“Sunbae?! Ha! Well, then you should call me Hyung”.

“Hyung?! I’m not calling you hyung we are just a few months apart anyway”.

“I will just call you Chanyeol. You can call me ‘Your Majesty’”.

“I will not”.

 

Chanyeol walked away to his office and heard Baekhyun laughing behind him. This boy had the most unique power to drive him crazy!

~ ~ ~

The next two days were bliss. Chanyeol often rush back if he had to go to court and in the afternoon they always had dinner together. (In restaurants with forks and knives).

Chanyeol didn’t remember the last time he felt like this, the last time he felt in love.  

~ ~ ~

Thursday brought with it an entire different story. One that Chanyeol wishes he could erase.

Baekhyun had come with Chanyeol to the court. He had some documents to submit and some files to get. Kyungsoo used to come with Chanyeol all the time but they didn’t walk this close looking like they were keeping a secret every time their skins touched by ‘accident’.

Baekhyun was leaving first since Chanyeol still had some work to do at the court.

 

“Well, I’ll see you tomorrow at the office then”.

 

Baekhyun looked everywhere and when he felt it was safe, he reached up and gave Chanyeol a quick peck on the lips.

 

“Fighting!”

 

Baekhyun left and Chanyeol couldn’t erase the huge smile from his face.

Later he bumped into Kim Junmyeon in front of one of the judges’ office.

 

“It must be nice to come here with your secretary. Very nice indeed”.

“What do you mean?”

 

Chanyeol asked annoyed.

Junmyeon patted Chanyeol’s shoulder and walked away with a smirk on his face.

Chanyeol turned and went into the judge’s office. This particular judge was Chanyeol sunbae and someone he respected very much.

 

“Chanyeol, I heard you go kissing around in public with your secretary in every corner of the court. I never thought you of all people would do that. I expected more from you, but to be doing these silly things, and to be dating in your work. That is just irresponsible. How would anyone trust you if you are being careless?”

 

That sneaky Junmyeon would pay for being a blabbermouth! Chanyeol felt humiliated by his sunbae having such a bad image of him. He worked so hard to earn everyone’s respect here and he slipped just once and was already being depicted this way.