First Drink

Not So Different

A/N: Hello hello, finally finished this one!!! It's longer than the last two updates just for making you wait longer <3 Thank you so much for subcribing and commenting, I am so happy that you guys like it so far. If you have questions, feel free to ask, or you can leave constructive critiscism or just tell me what you really liked ^.^ Enjoy ~

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The cart was only getting heavier by the minute and Bom didn't seem to want to stop filling it with snacks. She already had different assorments of chips, puddings, cookies, cereals and now different types of meat. I struggled to push the cart, but refused to let it show. 

"Nooonaaaa, do you really have to buy this many sets of pudding cups?"

"Yonggie, do you really need to ask that question? Pudding is a perfect snack. It has the perfect texture, it's easy to eat and it comes in different flavors! I love my puddings. You said I could get anything I wanted." She shook her head in disapproval and stopped to look at the selection of beef they had on display. 

"Of course I did, but I fear this store will run out of food before the end of the day." I lauhed at the look on her face, it was a mixture of giddiness and embarrassment. 

"There is no need." She turned her head away and continued to fill the cart with different assortments of meat. A couple of older women gave me dirty looks as Bom refused to look at me.

I sighed heavily and caught up with her before slipping my arm around her. She immediately tensed up and gave me a puzzled look. I made sure to ignore it and moved to get other essentials like eggs and milk. 

"Ji..?" Her voice sounded almost timid as she tugged on the shirt I was wearing.

"Hmmmmm?"

"Nothing..." 

I laughed to myself and pulled her closer to me as I finished adding more things. She remained silent and scooted closer. Pride swelled in my chest as I watched her immerse herself in her thoughts. She is gorgeous....

"Is that everything? I think you have enough to last you a while." 

"Are you kidding?!" She pulled away and gave me the biggest puppy dog eyes she could muster. 

"No..?" I blinked a few times and tugged on her hand. 

We were in line and this is where we had to be most careful because our close proximity could give away our identities. Our voices were hushed as she kept insisting that I was forgetting something.

"Young man, you should listen to your girlfriend. If she wants something, indulge her with it. You must keep her happy." An older woman shook her head in my direction and my mouth dropped open in surprise. 

"I--"

"Don't talk back to me sir," she shook her head again and turned to Bom. "He looks like a stubborn one, doesn't he darling? Tell him what you want and let him get it for you."

Bom's face was bright red as she processed what the woman was telling her. "Ah, but we're not even---"

I nudged her arm with my elbow and smiled. "Yes, halmoni, I'll take good care of her. I'm sorry if I got so irritated babe." My hand moved up to adjust Bom's hair as she stared back at me in horror. "I'll get you anything you like. I need to keep spoiling you my sweet princess."

"Aaaah, much better. You two look really good together. I wish you many more happy years." The woman bowed her head and offered a small smile as she started to move away. "Maybe I'll even get to see you married. Well, have a nice day and don't forget to respect each other."

Bom just stood with an unreadable expression. I knew that she would either remain neutral...or I was doomed. 

"I want," she took a deep breath, "my pastries."

Oh.

OOOHHHHHHHHHHH.

"Let's go then Bommie-noona. your turn to push the cart." I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and kept moving up the line. "We have to stop here first, and then we'll get an assortment of all the pastries you like, okay?"

She nodded and suddenly turned to me. "Oh!"

"Aigooo, what else do you want?"

"Yah, I was just going to say that we should get something for you too." 

I stopped walking and smiled at her. 

"What?"

"Nothing." 

She looked confused as I pulled her out of the line and went directly to the alcoholic drinks. I looked everywhere until I found just what I was looking for: beers. 

"Are we drinking at home?" She looked over my shoulder and gazed at the massive wall of beer. 

"Of course, why go out when you have me?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her. 

I grabbed the one drink I was lookng for: Hite. It was the first drink we had shared. 

--------------------------------------

8 YEARS AGO

"Jiyooonnng are you sure you want to go through with this?" Seunghyun nudged me for the nth time that night. 

"Yes, I need to get away for a little bit." I sighed as I finished setting up my disguise. "I promise I won't get caught. There's this hidden place that someone once told me about. I wanted to try it out."

"But you never go without me, be careful, ok?" He rolled his eyes and made sure to see me out the door of the dorm. "Don't get drunk if you're by yourself, if you drink too much, just call me." 

"I know, I know hyung don't worry." I laughed and saluted him before leaving him. "Take care of the boys for me." 

Training.

That's what most of my life consisted of. Constant pressure to be good enough to finally debut. Pressure to be perfect. Pressure to be full of youthful energy with only about 4 to 5 hours of sleep daily and with bandmates that didn't always get along, and sometimes became too lazy. I was already near a breaking point. I couldn't be like this, there had to be an outlet. 

Already I felt some distance with both Youngbae and Seunghyun. I was close to both of them, and I wanted to talk about personal problems with them. The problem was that they don't get along too well. Youngbae keeps insisting that Seunghyun is too childish and doesn't know what he's talking about, while Seunghyun calls him "high-strung". Their little fights stress me out more than they should and it's not like I can just tell them. 

Smoking seemed like a good option right? That's what most people think, but we just hit our debut, and we have to keep our image. Sure I can look badass with my cigs, but why make it obvious we're having problems by smoking outside at night all by myself? I wanted to avoid as many problems as I could before they formed. 

What was left?

Drinking. 

Yes, this has consequences too, but why not hide in a dark booth in the back, have a few beers and take some time to just think and breathe away from everyone and everything that might be causing trouble. It seemed perfect. All I needed was a location and a way to get there, which I did have. 

I fixed the hoodie on my head and checked my watch before stepping into the bar. Everything was in check. 

It looked pretty empty, most of the people there were older businessmen, and a few young people scattered here and there. It seemed almost gloomy, the way no one really looked at each other. 

I went right up to the stools and I waved at the bartender. He gave me a look and asked for my ID before I continued. I only sighed and did as he asked. I heard a cough next to me and I turned. 

"J-Jiyong?" A girl stared at me for a moment. 

She was one of the trainee's at the company, a noona of mine. I could recognize her voice anywhere. It had a unique quality to it, sweet and alluring. And oh, she was gorgeous. All the guys knew it too. She was tall, with milky white skin, innocent round eyes, long black hair, amazing legs, and an adorable face with round cheeks. Let's not forget her amazing voice too. I was lucky I had started to talk to her recently, and she didn't seem to mind. 

I snapped back to her when her cold fingers touched my hand. 

"Ah, Bom noona, right?" I gave her the genuine 1000 watt Jiyong smile that usually got me what I wanted. 

She looked around and leaned in to whisper. "Aren't you too young to be drinking."

With that, my hopes of drinking in peace and getting her number flew out the window. Welp, that ruined the moment.

"Ah, it doesn't matter, it's not like I haven't done it before. I'll be fine." I sighed and looked up when the bartender gave me my beer. 

She looked amused as she crossed her arms. After another quick look around she leaned in to whisper, "Fake ID?"

"Yeaaah." I rolled my eyes at the look on her face. "Don't make it obvious noona."

Bom only giggled. 

"Anyways, what are you having? Beer? Wine? Vodka?" I wiggled my eyebrows and she laughed at my expression. 

"I was seeing what beers they have, but I might just pick a wine and go sit in one of the booths in the back." She peered over to see what I had chosen to drink. "Hite?"

"Oh, yeah," I laughed and offered it to her. "My hyung loves this beer, and I guess I'm getting used to it. Do you want some?" She just looked at me confused. 

"You don't have to share," she shifted in her seat awkwardly. 

"It's okay noona, go for it." I ordered another beer and turned to her. "What are you doing here? Isn't it late for you to be out late here? Training starts early." 

"Ah, well I don't really like complaining to other people, and I wouldn't want to be a burden," she looked down to the beer and took a sip, closing her eyes for a moment at the bitter taste. 

"I know how you feel." I laughed bitterly and took a swig of my new drink. 

"Why don't we go sit down at the booth? We might as well accomppany each other." She offered a small smile and stood from her stool. I followed her to one of the booths after she signaled the waistress that we were moving. 

"You know, when I heard you order the beer, I thought I was seeing things. I didn't think you would actually go to the bar I suggested." Her giggles made my cheeks turn red. What the hell?

"Well, I couldn't think of many places to go to. I don't have much experience yet, can you blame me?" I coughed into my hand and took another gulp of beer. 

"No, but I just assumed you wouldn't listen to me. I guess I just assumed you talked to me at the company because you didn't have anything better to do." She shrugged and looked at me directly. For some reason her statement made me feel uneasy. 

"Why would I do that? You're nice and I wanted to talk to you." 

"I just don't have many friends in there yet--" She covered with her hands and sent me an apologetic look. 

"Oh." 

"Ah, I shouldn't say things like that. It's not important. I'm there to train and get better so I'll debut. I don't need to look for friends." Her head bowed and her face showed a mixture of feelings. 

"No, I completely understand noona. I guess in this business all we want is to look for people we can share our passions with and relate to them. We want other people to be as completely honest and sincere as we are. And most of all, we want someone to listen to us when we just need to let go and let everything out. This is more stressful thatn a lot of others don't realize, and we're surrounded by those who would rather use us first than remain loyal." I pressed my shoulders to the table as I rested my chin on a fist. 

She looked at me with curious eyes as she slowly scooted closer to me. "You feel lonely too?" 

"Yes." I breathed out. It was the first time I had said it out loud. 

"I'll make you an offer then," her smile reappeared and I wanted to melt from the warmth that radiated from her. "You can come to me and talk whenever you want. I'll listen to you and I promise--no I swear-- that I will be there for you in any way I can. You have good intentions Jiyong, and I would like to be lonely together with you." 

I couldn't help but chuckle at her statement. "Noona, you're silly, but I would be happy to accept. I think you might be the most sincere person I've met. Plus, you are welcome to also talk to me about anything. You can even come over to our dorm if you need some sanctuary. I'll protect you from the boys." I winked at her for effect. 

"Deal!" She laughed again and raised her bottle. 

"We won't be lonely anymore, we'll at least have each other." I smiled as I clinked my bottle against hers.