Birthday

EXO SERIES: Lu Han's Little Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: A big thank you for your support ♥ Please enjoy reading :) 

---

>>HYE YEONG'S POV<<

"Where is Lu Han?" Min Young's expression became disappointed. Lu Han promised to come but maybe something came up with his schedule. I don't know his schedule, I'm not his manager. He could've at least messaged me if he wouldn't make it in time. 

"I don't know, I'll try to text him." I took out my phone and wrote him a message, reminding him of his promise and informing him about our exact location. I've already warned him that if Lu Han didn't keep his promise, I wouldn't let it slide. "Maybe he'll come later. Let's go first, the weather is nice outside."

Since Min Young wasn't specific about her birthday wishes except for spending the day with Lu Han and I, I rented a tent for a picnic at one of the twelve Han River parks. We went to the closest park to the apartment and installed our tent together. Luckily, it was warm, sunny and there was a clear blue sky. Today is my only day off in the week, I have the whole day for Min Young only. Min Young and I often used to go to parks and have a picnic together, but it was before graduating. 

We chose a spot far from other people but it wasn't easy finding a nice place. When the weather was great, everyone was outside and a sea of tents at the parks was a normal sight. It's already lunch. I woke up especially early in the morning to prepare our lunch boxes. Spending a simple day like this with only the two of us was too long ago.

Sitting on the blanket and looking around, I realised it was crowded as usual. Families spending their leisure time together, couples and groups of friends. There were a few trees giving us some shade from the sun. And in case Lu Han comes, but it's during daytime. It might be for the better if he doesn't.

I almost gave up hoping that Lu Han would come anyway. He replied just now he was unable to come today. With so many people here, it would've been difficult to find us. Min Young will be heartbroken. "Min Young-ah, we'll have fun without Lu Han, alright?"

Min Young didn't want to give up hoping, I figured. She was certain her Lu Han wouldn't break the promise, she believed and trusted him. However, Min Young only nodded with a weak smile instead of breaking out in tears. Maybe she already expected it? "It's okay. At least I have the best sister in the world. Should I also become a singer like you?"

"That's a big no." I shook my head quickly and warned her it wasn't as easy as it appeared. "If you still want to become a singer after a few years, you can try it out. I can't stop you from pursuing your interests, can I? But you aren't old enough yet."

"I am ten now, sis!" Min Young responded, pouting at me. "In three years, I'll already be in middle school and before you know it, I'm already in university!"

"Yes, I know. I guess you aren't a child anymore." I caressed her hair and couldn't help but laugh. "Let's eat, you must be hungry." Thinking about Min Young growing up fast made me feel sad and proud at the same time. She'll go through puberty, what if she doesn't want to have anything to do with me at all during that time? Min Young is only ten now, but I can't imagine living without her once she is an adult. 

"Lu Han?" Min Young said all of a sudden and stopped eating. 

"Lu Han can't come, Min Young-ah." I replied with a sympathetic smile and asked her to eat some more. She nudged my elbow quickly and made me look up. "Lu Han?"

"Sorry for the delay, I was held up by my members." Lu Han beamed through his sunglasses and mask. He didn't wear any make-up and quite ordinary and comfortable clothes. If he was more famous, maybe he would be recognised by some people. He isn't on that level yet. "I spent ages searching for your tent." He crawled into the tent to stay hidden from others. 

"What about your message? You said you wouldn't make it today." I crossed my arms at him, demanding an explanation. "Min Young was disappointed."

"It's the surprise effect, it worked well, didn't it?" Lu Han joked and congratulated Min Young to her birthday. "Did you think I wouldn't come?"

Min Young shook her head with a grin. "I knew you would keep your promise! But my sister appeared sad about your message, I'm sure she didn't want to admit it." She whispered the last part to Lu Han, but I sat next to them and heard everything loud and clear. There Min Young goes again. On whose side is she?

"It's delicious, did you make them?" Lu Han tried one of the dishes from the lunch box and smiled contently. "Even after our debut, we've been only eating kimbap. It feels so different to eat home-made food." I'm not quite sure if it's home-made food for Lu Han, but I feel honoured.

Later on, Lu Han and I sat inside the tent and had a door open to watch over Min Young who was outside. She wanted to enjoy the nice weather but I knew her, she wanted to give us some space again. There's plenty of space inside the tent, six people can fit. I don't know where Min Young gets all this stuff from, playing matchmaker.

"I never thought we'd be able to be out in public together on a little date." Lu Han said, leaning back and resting his palms on the ground of the tent. "Especially in broad daylight."

"Date?" As if it was the only thing I picked up from what Lu Han said, I raised my eyebrows at him. "Technically, we are isolated. Nobody can see us except if you look into the tent." I turned my head to look at Lu Han. "You haven't shown up at my apartment for a while, were you very busy?"

Lu Han let out a laugh and lowered his head. "Except for the company's world tour, we haven't been doing much. We performed in Tokyo early this month and performed in Seoul recently. Well, we are signed to a huge company, but it doesn't help us much, we're having a rough time trying not to disappoint everyone."

If I didn't understand where Lu Han was coming from, I would say he should be happy he debuted at all. But it's not as easy either. I sympathised a lot with him. "EXO is the company's biggest project so far. I'm sure your next album will become a hit." I attempted to comfort him but my words weren't encouraging. I'm not the best at comforting people. "You don't happen to know anything about Heo Byung Jin? There are some rumours among the trainees. Apparently, he will transfer to another company."

"You're sitting here with me yet you talk about another man?" Lu Han acted shocked and hurt, placing his hand on his chest, right over his heart. "Might be, I don't know. I also heard about a new trainee transferring from another company to SM Entertainment. Those are all rumours, who knows what parts are true? Why don't you ask him yourself? I recall one time you claimed Byung Jin and you were dating."

I grimaced, feeling embrassed about the lie I told Lu Han. I should've come up with something better. "We all know I'm an awful liar, you didn't believe me anyway. But it's unusual. I haven't seen Byung Jin for a while either."

"That's the right thing, good job. If Byung Jin goes, I won't have any competition. He is obviously interested into you." Lu Han rolled his eyes, shaking his head with an unpleased expression. Jelly much? "Enough about Byung Jin, let's talk about you."

"Me? What's there to talk about?" I avoided Lu Han's eyes because I expected a mischievous grin on his face. "I get along with most of the girls now. They are still young but they help me out. Out of all the groups, I honestly consider us the most debut-worthy."

"Ooh, I like the confidence." Lu Han grinned at me and nudged my elbow lightly. "That's good to hear, but actually, I meant another thing talking about you. To what I confessed last time, have you given it some thought?"

I have a lot, honestly, but I don't know how I feel. Whether it's a positive or negative feeling, I'm not ready, it's not the right time. "I don't think dating will the best option for us at the moment. You're a rookie, if you get caught in a scandal, your career will be over. And I? I don't have the courage. You were a trainee once, you know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter